Choose style:

Author Topic: The latest USCCB scandal  (Read 3391 times)

Beware_the_Ides

The latest USCCB scandal
« on: September 30, 2009, 05:11:pm »
The real shame is that this is so UNsurprising.... :(  Kyrie eleison

[   . [/   .

http://bellarmineveritasministry.org/campaigns/cchd/
Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverum reverteris

spera

• I love you...or at least I'm trying to
  • Militant Optimist
Re: The latest USCCB scandal
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 05:21:pm »
I don't have sound on my computer...and i'm glad...just from looking at the screen shot
“When we allow abortion, we are punishing the women—who must abort their children because their men have run away- and we are punishing the children whose lives are terminated . . . I want us to step back a little bit and say: Why is this woman and this child threatened? Why is this woman threatening to terminate this life? What do we need to do as a society? What are we not doing right now as a society? A part of that answer lies in this House [pointing at the Kenyan Parliament building].”

Wangaari Maathai - Environmentalist, Feminist, Catholic & Nobel Prize Winner

HEALTHY VIEWING FOR YOUR HEART, MIND AND SOUL
FEELING TEMPTED ONLINE?.... Watch these In Case of Emergency!!!
www.familyland.tv
www.ewtn.com
www.saltandlighttv.org

damooster

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 05:45:pm »
I think I'm going to hurl. That's simply disgusting.

Louis_Martin

• High Overlord
  • Chances are I'm not being serious.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 05:53:pm »
To be honest, I'm not surprised at this.  But to be honest, I don't really act like the USCCB exists.  I just listen to my local ordinary.
Strive, not for what is acceptable, but for what is greatest.

I don't pretend to know everything, but I don't pretend to not know what I know I know, so I know what I know and I like people who agree with what I know I know, and I'm indifferent to differences of opinion on what I know I don't know.

DesperatelySeeking

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 07:03:pm »
Ho-hum - no surprise - how about the real story, which is that 98% of American Catholics, if informed of this, would say "What's the big deal? Why is that wrong?"

SCG

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 07:04:pm »
I just can't stomach that RealCatholic TV guy's overbearing smugness. I found another source for the story that I could "sit" through...with another related story. 

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2009/sep/09092205.html

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/nov/08111106.html

Then I found this in the archived news. There have been warnings about the Catholic Campaign for Human Development for 11 years!

SO-CALLED "CATHOLIC" CHARITY SUPPORTS ABORTION
Monday, November 16, 1998

WASHINGTON, Nov 16 (LSN) A charity calling itself the "Catholic Campaign for Human Development" has been found to support abortion via contributions to pro-abortion organizations such as the National Organization for Women and advocacy groups that sponsored the 1996 "Fight for the Right March" in San Francisco, whose stated goal was to support "abortion rights and reproductive freedom ... [and] lesbian, gay, and bisexual rights." Catholic World News reported Friday on an October release by the Capital Research Center which detailed the anti-Catholic contributions of the "Catholic" charity.

The expose on the group is timely since the Catholic Campaign for Human Development is about to begin its annual fundraising drive in Catholic parishes November 21-22. The report noted that although the group's guidelines forbid direct funding of projects or organizations contrary to Catholic teaching, the grants often allow the shifting of funds toward projects of that nature.
Not all those who wander are lost. -- J.R.R. Tolkien

WanderingPenitent

• A spiritual Knight-Errant.
  • Fear Not the Cold
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 08:55:pm »
Boy am I glad my tithes go to the Institute of Christ the King.
"I would rather fall with Adam,
than rise with all your gods."
-G.K.Chesteron

Bloggers were invented ca. 300 AD. and were originally called "monks." Like their distant social descendants, monks had horrible haircuts, rarely left their home, spoke a language to eachother no one else understood, and never went on dates.

Walty

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 09:27:pm »
I just can't stomach that RealCatholic TV guy's overbearing smugness. I found another source for the story that I could "sit" through...with another related story. 

I've said this before, but there is something I don't like about him either.

It seems that this website and "channel" is a good one, however.  They desperately need a new director though.  The presentation is so campy.  The blurry picture of the Basilica in the background isn't aethetically pleasing nor is it going to fool anyone into thinking he is in DC.  He didn't even look at the papers that he is supposedly using and his little reporter's pass around the neck is so staged.  Sorry, it just bugs me.  I think it would help their credibility if they improved it.  EWTN isn't much better in that regard.
Quote from: Rev. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange O.P.
The Church is intolerant in principle because she believes;
she is tolerant in practice because she loves.
The enemies of the Church are tolerant in principle because they do not believe;
 they are intolerant in practice because they do not love.

Timorem Domini docebo vos.

DarkKnight

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 09:32:pm »

I've said this before, but there is something I don't like about him either.

It seems that this website and "channel" is a good one, however.  They desperately need a new director though.  The presentation is so campy.  The blurry picture of the Basilica in the background isn't aethetically pleasing nor is it going to fool anyone into thinking he is in DC.  He didn't even look at the papers that he is supposedly using and his little reporter's pass around the neck is so staged.  Sorry, it just bugs me.  I think it would help their credibility if they improved it.  EWTN isn't much better in that regard.
:amen:
A good friend and worthy adversary.

Live your life in such a way that every morning when your feet hit the floor...Satan shudders and says..."Oh No...he's AWAKE!"

Sometimes the Internet reminds me of being in a chicken coop with an infinite number of Chicken Littles at any given millisecond dodging pieces of their falling skies.

There is a subtle difference between "invincible ignorance" and intolerably stupid.

Baskerville

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 10:12:pm »
I am shocked shocked at this... ::) It's best to ignore anything that comes from the United States College of Apostates.