From his website mentioned above:
JUSTIN FATICA'S EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY
1. Implement the Multiple Intelligences theory for teaching, focusing on many or all of the intelligences: Mathematical, Linguistic, Musical, Bodily Kinesthetic, Interpersonal, and Intrapersonal. This will help each individual in Justin's audience.
2. Inspire each individual so that the student body wants to learn and grow.
3. Explore the cultural and individual uniqueness of each student. Every individual is so important and each has so much to offer.
4. Empower through storytelling. Justin and his team relate their personal experiences, the trials and tribulations they have faced that have taught them that, with persistence and a big heart, people can accomplish anything.
5. Utilize peer leadership within the school structure to facilitate the presentation.
6. Help students to better understand and believe in themselves. Once they understand and appreciate their goals, learning is much easier.
7. Use inspiring music, like Josh Groban's "You Raise ME UP" and "Eye of the Tiger," to empower and help the student body understand Justin's message of hope.
8. After the program has been completed, there will be a sense of community among the students because they will better understand that they are unique individuals who share the need to be loved, accepted, and encouraged by their peers and teachers.
I think I'd pick songs OTHER than You Raise Me Up or Eye of the Tiger.....Aside from that... Well, whatever the dude looks like, I appreciate what he's trying to do for the kids he works with.
Students need mentors and teachers who care about motivating them, engaging them and helping them succeed.