Choose style:

Author Topic: EWTN TV show, lol  (Read 4149 times)

CollegeCatholic

• Banned for snarking meanness, disrespect toward the Holy Father, twisting what others say in order to mock them, etc.
  • Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
EWTN TV show, lol
« on: February 17, 2011, 11:18:am »
I'm chilling, applying to jobs, and watching EWTN, because most of the other crap on TV is bad.

So, after putting up with this cheesy and lame intro, I get to "Women of Grace," so I'm like, "OK, well, this will still be better than morning television." 

Well, for some reason (sound isn't loud enough/I don't care enough) there's a soon-to-be-ordained NO deacon and his guido friend.  He sounds, looks, and acts just like the guys from Jersey Shore.

It's kinda boring.

QuisUtDeus

Re: EWTN TV show, lol
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 11:35:am »
I dunno, in my book he can look and sound like Herman Munster as long as he's modestly dressed.  What's important is what comes out of his mouth.

CollegeCatholic

• Banned for snarking meanness, disrespect toward the Holy Father, twisting what others say in order to mock them, etc.
  • Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 11:43:am »
True.

To clarify, the friend of the deacon was a guido, whereas the deacon looked "normal."   

I got bored and put on "Full House," but I think that is even worse.   I should probably get ready for Daily Mass and hopefully confession... 

Did I mention TV is dumb?

ResiduumRevertetur

• Gold Fish
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 11:52:am »
Just curious, was the guy Justin Fatica? http://www.justinfatica.net/ He's getting pretty popular with teens, my 15 yo son met him recently and really liked him.

EWTN shows are so hit and miss...it's like two different networks sometimes. On second thought, with Mother Angelica off the job, I guess it is!
The name's Braintrust. Mr. Braintrust.

The Almighty says this must be a fashionable fight. It's drawn the finest people. --Stephen, Braveheart
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deus, tu conversus vivificabis nos, et plebs tua laetabitur in te.

CollegeCatholic

• Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 11:55:am »
Just curious, was the guy Justin Fatica? http://www.justinfatica.net/ He's getting pretty popular with teens, my 15 yo son met him recently and really liked him.

EWTN shows are so hit and miss...it's like two different networks sometimes. On second thought, with Mother Angelica off the job, I guess it is!

Rofl.  That is him.  I don't know who he is, what he promotes, but he looks and sounds ridiculous.  Like a Catholic mockup of a Jersey Shore character.  He's gotten bigger since those pictures on his website were taken. 

Also, is Full House just a tv show written around a PSA?  That's what it seems like. 

ResiduumRevertetur

• Gold Fish
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 12:06:pm »

Rofl.  That is him.  I don't know who he is, what he promotes, but he looks and sounds ridiculous.  Like a Catholic mockup of a Jersey Shore character.  He's gotten bigger since those pictures on his website were taken. 

Kids really take to him and his message is good. We saw him recently at a church function and about 10 min in my husband and I looked at each other and said, Wha?? But the kids were going nuts! Go figure. My 15 YO couldn't stop talking about him!

Also, is Full House just a tv show written around a PSA?  That's what it seems like. 
:laughing: The 80s were a PSA!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 12:08:pm by ResiduumRevertetur »
The name's Braintrust. Mr. Braintrust.

The Almighty says this must be a fashionable fight. It's drawn the finest people. --Stephen, Braveheart
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deus, tu conversus vivificabis nos, et plebs tua laetabitur in te.

Jitpring

• Zazzle
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 12:13:pm »
"Salute the friends by name."

-3 John 14

CollegeCatholic

• Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 12:27:pm »
Justin Fatica:

Incredible Hulk/Lou Ferrigno:

Ronnie from Jersey Shore:

I kinda feel like Pedro now.  lol

laurabookworm

• Thank You, God. Deo gratias.
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 12:44:pm »
From his website mentioned above:

JUSTIN FATICA'S EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY

1. Implement the Multiple Intelligences theory for teaching, focusing on many or all of the intelligences: Mathematical, Linguistic, Musical, Bodily Kinesthetic, Interpersonal, and Intrapersonal. This will help each individual in Justin's audience.

2. Inspire each individual so that the student body wants to learn and grow.

3. Explore the cultural and individual uniqueness of each student. Every individual is so important and each has so much to offer.

4. Empower through storytelling. Justin and his team relate their personal experiences, the trials and tribulations they have faced that have taught them that, with persistence and a big heart, people can accomplish anything.

5. Utilize peer leadership within the school structure to facilitate the presentation.

6. Help students to better understand and believe in themselves. Once they understand and appreciate their goals, learning is much easier.

7. Use inspiring music, like Josh Groban's "You Raise ME UP" and "Eye of the Tiger," to empower and help the student body understand Justin's message of hope.

8. After the program has been completed, there will be a sense of community among the students because they will better understand that they are unique individuals who share the need to be loved, accepted, and encouraged by their peers and teachers.

I think I'd pick songs OTHER than You Raise Me Up or Eye of the Tiger.....Aside from that... Well, whatever the dude looks like, I appreciate what he's trying to do for the kids he works with.  :) Students need mentors and teachers who care about motivating them, engaging them and helping them succeed.
God is good, all the time. I am blessed to be a member in the body of the Church.

A compelling argument for traditionalism: "trad chapels... where men can wear lace in a righteous manner!" - Bakuryokuso

On the distinct lack of power the devil has: "Satan can kiss my Catholic ass.  He's a pest more than anything else. The BVM will make short work of him with her beloved heel.  Ave Maria!" - QuisUtDeus

dymphna17

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 01:14:pm »
From his website mentioned above:

JUSTIN FATICA'S EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY

1. Implement the Multiple Intelligences theory for teaching, focusing on many or all of the intelligences: Mathematical, Linguistic, Musical, Bodily Kinesthetic, Interpersonal, and Intrapersonal. This will help each individual in Justin's audience.

2. Inspire each individual so that the student body wants to learn and grow.

3. Explore the cultural and individual uniqueness of each student. Every individual is so important and each has so much to offer.

4. Empower through storytelling. Justin and his team relate their personal experiences, the trials and tribulations they have faced that have taught them that, with persistence and a big heart, people can accomplish anything.

5. Utilize peer leadership within the school structure to facilitate the presentation.

6. Help students to better understand and believe in themselves. Once they understand and appreciate their goals, learning is much easier.

7. Use inspiring music, like Josh Groban's "You Raise ME UP" and "Eye of the Tiger," to empower and help the student body understand Justin's message of hope.

8. After the program has been completed, there will be a sense of community among the students because they will better understand that they are unique individuals who share the need to be loved, accepted, and encouraged by their peers and teachers.

I think I'd pick songs OTHER than You Raise Me Up or Eye of the Tiger.....Aside from that... Well, whatever the dude looks like, I appreciate what he's trying to do for the kids he works with.  :) Students need mentors and teachers who care about motivating them, engaging them and helping them succeed.

Huh, no "Give Our Lord, Our Lady and the Saints and their lives as examples of heroes to emulate", "Go to Mass and Confession regularly".  Why am I not surprised?  What the heck is bodily kinesthetic?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross, Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, save souls!