Choose style:

Author Topic: Hey, Fisheaters, Dave Armstrong Says You Suck!  (Read 4498 times)

Mithrandylan

• Banned for promoting sedevacantism
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ maneat semper nobíscum.
http://socrates58.blogspot.com/2012/01/catholic-traditionalist-has-second.html

Looks like Dave reads FE.  I don't think I actually posted in the thread in question, but I read it.  Dave put together a pretty quick defense and summary of it.  I only skimmed it (mainly looking for who he was calling out) but I thought you guys might appreciate seeing your names elsewhere on the interweb!

ETA: Lest I be subject to accusations of calumny or libel, Dave didn't actually say you guys suck. 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 06:31:pm by Mithrandylan »

Spooky

Re: Hey, Fisheaters, Dave Armstrong Says You Suck!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 06:35:pm »
Woo hoo!!! I got mentioned!  :chleader:

Quote from: Dave "Trads Suck" Armstrong
"Spooky" adds the profundity: ". . . it appeals to their Protestant leanings with a sheer veil of Catholicism."

Right. This is the tired old canard of "converts are still half-Protestant." I've directly dealt with this absurd charge at least twice (one / two). Isn't it interesting that this false accusation invariably comes from one of two sources: radtrads and anti-Catholic Protestants. It's completely ridiculous to assert this, seeing that I am utterly despised by anti-Catholic Protestants and am regularly insulted in public by them, with every conceivable calumny and lie. I get accused now and then of being "anti-Calvinist" and "anti-Lutheran" and "anti-Protestant."

Hey, psst! I'm a convert too! From Protestantism (more or less)! And, if I can see he won't let go of his Protestantism, then ... well...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 06:37:pm by Spooky »

The Curt Jester

• Trad before the term "neo-trad" was invented
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 06:46:pm »
That thread seems vaguely familiar, but I don't remember reading a lot of it or actually participating in it.   It's a shame since a little bit of internet infamy would be nice. 
The one thing perfect about the human being is the brain.  Everyone knows that nothing could ever be wrong with it.

St. Gabriel Possenti, pray for us!
St. Adrian of Nicomedia, pray for us!
St. Hubert, pray for us!
St. Sebastian, pray for us!

Vetus Ordo

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 06:55:pm »
FE is famous! Rejoice!
"THE LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the protector of my life: of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 26:1)

"And we, too, being called by His will in Christ Jesus, are not justified by ourselves, nor by our own wisdom, or understanding, or godliness, or works which we have wrought in holiness of heart; but by that faith through which, from the beginning, Almighty God has justified all men; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." — Clement, bishop of Rome

"I love truth," says he, "and not sects. I am sometimes a peripatetic, a stoic, or an academician, and often none of them; but—always a Christian. To philosophise is to love wisdom; and the true wisdom is Jesus Christ. Let us read the historians, the poets, and the philosophers; but let us have in our hearts the gospel of Jesus Christ, in which alone is perfect wisdom and perfect happiness." — Petrarch

kingtheoden

• Banned for not following Catechism on treatment of homosexuality
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 07:24:pm »
I'm sorry that I wasn't also singled out by this self-appointed Lawgiver.  I must have missed His Grace Dave Armstrong's consecration to See.

But of course even if he were so consecration with jurisdiction, any unlawful orders are to be ignored.  For example, if Dave Armstrong is supposing that it is an acceptable condition to permit Communion in the hand under both Species to be dispensed by laity, he is in grave error no matter who in the clergy claims otherwise.

Moreover, it is an objective truth that more Grace is to be received at a High Mass in the Tridentine Latin Rite than some verus populum ceremony that bears a striking resemblance to Cranmer's service, which happens to include the words of Consecration.  Indeed, in attending a High Mass one is disposed to receive more Graces than attending a Low Mass, all things being equal.

Dave Armstrong is wrong and in need of prayers that he might see his errors.

The Curt Jester

• Trad before the term "neo-trad" was invented
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 07:28:pm »
I find it interesting how he makes a point of boasting about how many people he's converted (exact wording, I don't remember).  Seems like a rather big ego to me.   
The one thing perfect about the human being is the brain.  Everyone knows that nothing could ever be wrong with it.

St. Gabriel Possenti, pray for us!
St. Adrian of Nicomedia, pray for us!
St. Hubert, pray for us!
St. Sebastian, pray for us!

TrentCath

• Banned for name-calling, rudeness, and general smartassery
    • Traditional Vocations info
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 07:32:pm »
http://socrates58.blogspot.com/2012/01/catholic-traditionalist-has-second.html

Looks like Dave reads FE.  I don't think I actually posted in the thread in question, but I read it.  Dave put together a pretty quick defense and summary of it.  I only skimmed it (mainly looking for who he was calling out) but I thought you guys might appreciate seeing your names elsewhere on the interweb!

ETA: Lest I be subject to accusations of calumny or libel, Dave didn't actually say you guys suck. 

So did I!  :chleader: :chleader: :chleader: :chleader: :chleader: :chleader: :chleader: :chleader:

And lest I forget I am also a Convert from Protestantism  :O 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 07:37:pm by TrentCath »

Vetus Ordo

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 07:55:pm »
I find it interesting how he makes a point of boasting about how many people he's converted (exact wording, I don't remember).  Seems like a rather big ego to me.   

Last time I checked it's God who converts the sinner, not men. Men are just His instruments.

Armstrong might want to re-check the gospel.
"THE LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the protector of my life: of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 26:1)

"And we, too, being called by His will in Christ Jesus, are not justified by ourselves, nor by our own wisdom, or understanding, or godliness, or works which we have wrought in holiness of heart; but by that faith through which, from the beginning, Almighty God has justified all men; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." — Clement, bishop of Rome

"I love truth," says he, "and not sects. I am sometimes a peripatetic, a stoic, or an academician, and often none of them; but—always a Christian. To philosophise is to love wisdom; and the true wisdom is Jesus Christ. Let us read the historians, the poets, and the philosophers; but let us have in our hearts the gospel of Jesus Christ, in which alone is perfect wisdom and perfect happiness." — Petrarch

TrentCath

• Banned for name-calling, rudeness, and general smartassery
    • Traditional Vocations info
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 07:57:pm »
I don't understand how he justifies his bad argument by saying that 'he mainly debates with protestants and isn't interested in traditionalists, I'll leave them to argue among themselves' and then within what? A day of that thread being posted he has a blog post?  ???

Also his rejoinders are illogical, case in point why the pope kissing the Koran isn't as bad as we make it out to be http://socrates58.blogspot.com/2007/03/dialogue-should-pope-kiss-koran-vs.html

As expected 'Pope John Paul II wasn't wrong to kiss the Koran'  >:(
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 08:02:pm by TrentCath »

Mithrandylan

• Banned for promoting sedevacantism
  • Divínum auxílium ✝ maneat semper nobíscum.
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 08:05:pm »
Guys, Dave has a blog.  If you want to say something to or about him, tell him.  It's not hard, there's a link at the top of the page.  I just wanted to share, not give people an excuse to complain about the man or say this or that about him.