Choose style:

Author Topic: Low-gluten Hosts  (Read 495 times)

LoyalVIews

• It was supposed to be LoyalViews but whatever
    • Loyal + Views
Low-gluten Hosts
« on: April 20, 2012, 01:39:am »
So, some people have coeliacs disease, which means they cannot under any circumstances eat or in some cases come in contact (depending on how sensitive one is) with gluten, a protein found in wheat, barley, rye, triticale and such.

So, many people with this disease do not receive Our Lord when they attend Mass, and just stay in the pew. However, there are now low-almost-gluten-free-hosts available. Could these be used in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass?

Spooky

Re: Low-gluten Hosts
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 01:49:am »
As long as the low-gluten hosts are made from wheat and water there shouldn't be a problem. At one NO I saw ppl place their special low-gluten hosts on the altar for Father to Consecrate with the others, obviously by prearrangement.

i think it can be arranged with the priest beforehand to receive some of the Precious Blood? I remember reading about how it would be done at a TLM but can't remember where or what the details were.

Phillipus Iacobus

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 02:16:am »
i think it can be arranged with the priest beforehand to receive some of the Precious Blood? I remember reading about how it would be done at a TLM but can't remember where or what the details were.

This is true. I made a thread about it.

Phillipus Iacobus

Spooky

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 03:56:am »

This is true. I made a thread about it.

that's probably where I read it!  :grin: