Choose style:

Author Topic: Whale Pulpit  (Read 1311 times)

CatholicLife

Whale Pulpit
« on: October 30, 2013, 12:23:am »
What does this mean?  ???  :LOL:
The Lord is Good

CatholicLife

Re: Whale Pulpit
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 12:26:am »
This guy is in Poland.
The Lord is Good

Poche

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 12:33:am »
Some one is a good artist?

Vox Clamantis

• Marta's Human
  • Forum Owner
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 12:42:am »

Fascinating! I'd love to read more about that pulpit! Where in Poland is it? What church? Got any links?

dark lancer

• Still Loyal
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 02:16:am »

Fascinating! I'd love to read more about that pulpit! Where in Poland is it? What church? Got any links?

Sts. Peter and Paul in Duszniki Zdrój, Poland.

Google "whale pulpit poland"

Vox Clamantis

• Marta's Human
  • Forum Owner
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 02:22:am »

Sts. Peter and Paul in Duszniki Zdrój, Poland.

Google "whale pulpit poland"

Found this info:

At the Australian Bishops’ Meeting last month we studied the Book of Jonah and the study guide featured the photograph of a stunning pulpit in Poland styled after Jonah. See below.

We were all very impressed at the symbolism of the preacher of God’s word coming forth from the mouth of a mighty fish – just as the reluctant Jonah was sent forth from the mouth of a mighty fish to preach God’s message of repentance and reconciliation to the rebellious people of Nineveh.

The pulpit mouth features lots of prophets speaking from the opened Word of God accompanied by angelic messengers.

CounterRevolutionary

• Est. 1789
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 02:06:pm »
I find that.... ridiculous. I think I would have difficulty taking the homilist seriously standing in that cartoonish whale's mouth.  :LOL:

"For, if this expression (of universal bishop) is suffered to be allowably used, the honour of all patriarchs is denied: and while he that is called Universal perishes per chance in his error, no bishop will be found to have remained in a state of truth."
 -Pope St. Gregory the Great

"For no one of us has set himself up to be bishop of bishops, or attempted with tyrannical dread to force his colleagues to obedience to him, since every bishop has, for the license of liberty and power, his own will, and as he cannot be judged by another, so neither can he judge another."
-St. Cyprian of Carthage

"Well let us suppose that those bishops who decided the case at Rome were not good judges, there still remained a plenary Council of the universal Church, in which these judges themselves might be put on their defense; so that, if they were convicted of a mistake their decisions might be reversed." 
-St. Augustine

DominvsSabaoth

• Young Traditionalist
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 08:36:pm »
It looks like a gigantic plastic toy