Choose style:

Author Topic: Prayer in time of affliction and war  (Read 4085 times)

Marisa

Prayer in time of affliction and war
« on: July 06, 2006, 09:17:pm »

Francis John Bartholomew, a Passionist monk of SS. John and Paul at Rome, a most holy man, who had frequent revelations, once saying Mass, thought of the scourges about to fall on the world - wars, famine, pestilence, etc., when the following prayer was revealed to him, and he was told that whosoever recited it with devotion, would be preserved from all dangers with which the whole world would be visited.

Prayer:

O Jesus, Divine Redeemer, be merciful to us and to the whole world. Amen.

O Powerful God! O Holy God! O Immortal God! have pity on us, and all who are in the whole world. Amen.

Pardon and mercy, O my Jesus, during these present dangers. Pour on us Thy most Precious Blood. Amen.

O Eternal Father, be merciful to us. By the Blood of Jesus Christ, Thy holy Son, be merciful to us, we beseech Thee. Amen. Amen. Amen.

O God, be appeased by the supplications we address to Thee, and through the intercession of the ever Blessed Virgin Mary, the glorious Saint Joseph, and all the Saints, defend us from all dangers, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

PinoyMonk

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 11:46:pm »
Merci.
"I believe that Our Lord also has a punishment for wanton immodesty. It's traditionally called eternal damnation." -CruxFidelis

"In this difficult time, to be victorious, we must be steadfast using all of our strength and capabilities like brave soldiers fully armed in the battlefield ... Whatever happens, behave in such a way that God will be glorified." -Saint Andrew Kim

"Father of truth, behold Thy Son, who makes atoning sacrifice unto Thee. Accept the offering; He died for me that I might have life. Behold the offering! Accept it..." -Saint Charbel

CampeadorShin

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 03:55:pm »
Thanks Marisa,

Do you recall when this prayer was revealed?

SINCE OCTOBER 26TH, I HAVE NOT BEEN ALLOWED TO POST OR SEND PM'S.  I CAN RECIEVE PM'S BUT CAN'T REPLY.

WHY?  NO ONE HAS TOLD ME.

Marisa

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 04:08:pm »

Quote from: CampeadorShin
Thanks Marisa,
Do you recall when this prayer was revealed?

No, unfortunately I don't. It was in the October 2001 edition of Catholic Family News. At the bottom it says, "Taken from The Precious Blood and Mother Prayerbook, compiled from approved sources by the Sisters of the Precious Blood."

Mark

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 10:48:pm »
Quote from: Marisa

Francis John Bartholomew, a Passionist monk of SS. John and Paul at Rome, a most holy man, who had frequent revelations, once saying Mass, thought of the scourges about to fall on the world - wars, famine, pestilence, etc., when the following prayer was revealed to him, and he was told that whosoever recited it with devotion, would be preserved from all dangers with which the whole world would be visited.

Prayer:

O Jesus, Divine Redeemer, be merciful to us and to the whole world. Amen.

O Powerful God! O Holy God! O Immortal God! have pity on us, and all who are in the whole world. Amen.

Pardon and mercy, O my Jesus, during these present dangers. Pour on us Thy most Precious Blood. Amen.

O Eternal Father, be merciful to us. By the Blood of Jesus Christ, Thy holy Son, be merciful to us, we beseech Thee. Amen. Amen. Amen.

O God, be appeased by the supplications we address to Thee, and through the intercession of the ever Blessed Virgin Mary, the glorious Saint Joseph, and all the Saints, defend us from all dangers, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Thank you, Marisa. I saved this prayer.

Vincentius

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 09:21:am »
Marisa,

Obrigado muito muito

Marisa

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 01:53:pm »

bump

PinoyMonk

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 02:49:pm »
Ah, yes.  Thanks for the bump.  I can see how this'd be useful today...

"I believe that Our Lord also has a punishment for wanton immodesty. It's traditionally called eternal damnation." -CruxFidelis

"In this difficult time, to be victorious, we must be steadfast using all of our strength and capabilities like brave soldiers fully armed in the battlefield ... Whatever happens, behave in such a way that God will be glorified." -Saint Andrew Kim

"Father of truth, behold Thy Son, who makes atoning sacrifice unto Thee. Accept the offering; He died for me that I might have life. Behold the offering! Accept it..." -Saint Charbel