Choose style:

Author Topic: What do you know about Kathleen Keating?  (Read 3262 times)

ChantCd

What do you know about Kathleen Keating?
« on: October 06, 2006, 12:25:am »

I read this not-so-flattering review of her:

http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/2000/0010fr.asp

Now of course the guy is very anti-Traditional Catholic, so I don't mind that part -- but if he's not outright lying about her, I am disturbed by this part:

It may not be fair, but I tend to judge people by the company they keep. Kathleen Keating keeps some odd company. In addition to her column she publishes an online newsletter called The Messenger. (The first 200 subscribers are promised a St. Benedict Medal and a holy card.) She is editor in chief. On her staff she has a woman whose title is Paranormal Editor. Another is called the Emerging Diseases Editor. A third woman is called the Alien Interaction Editor. (Her job has nothing to do with Mexicans crossing the border.)

My favorite staffer is James Bartley, whose title is Alien Civil Affairs Editor. He is described as "an abductee" and researcher on UFOs. His specialty is investigating "the Reptilian Overlordship of the Human Race." He "works with a team of individuals who are developing resistance techniques against the Reptilians and who are devoted to disseminating meaningful information as a counter to the pervasive pro-Reptilian propaganda."

Is she really into aliens and all that garbage?

Any good Catholic (especially a traditional one!) knows that all aliens are devils. Just read this article and see for yourself:

http://www.sspx.ca/Angelus/2001_October/UFO_Phenomenon.htm

Any comments?

Matthew

QuisUtDeus

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 04:14:am »

She's kind of wacky.  She said something heretical on coast-to-coast one time.  I sent her an e-mail correcting her, and I never heard back.

I wrote her off as a crank, and not the amusing kind.  I'll see what I can find in my archives.

QuisUtDeus

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 04:30:am »

Here are her past CTC appearances.  I think I have something on her believing in Bayside.  She was really big on Bible Codes a few years ago.

Needless to say, the Chinese haven't attacked from Canada or Mexico.  Also, she only brought up Fr. Martin after he was dead. I don't recall any friend of Fr. Martin's saying some child pushed him down.

I think she's just a conspiracy wanna-be trying to sell books.  She's changed her website a lot too.  It used to be nuttier last time I saw it which was several years ago.

Some of the pages are on the wayback machine.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.kathleenkeating.com

2/2/2000

The Final Warning

Author Kathleen Keating discusses her book, "The Final Warning," which mixes biblical prophecy, politics and conspiracy theory. In the first hour there is a UFO update from Peter Gersten and Peter Davenport.

12/24/02

Dark Days Ahead

“The whole world is imploding,” Kathleen Keating told George on her X-mas eve appearance on Coast. Specifically she believes the U.S. is being set up for an invasion, with Chinese troops currently amassing in Mexico and Canada, according to her intelligence sources. They are “just waiting for an appropriate time to attack,” she said. What should we do? Keating advocates sealing the borders and dumping the United Nations (an organization she later said was controlled by the Antichrist).

Keating also discussed her acquaintance with the late Father Malachi Martin, whom she said she met when he was a technical consultant on her Torn Sky project. She said the Father told her that a young child who he was in the process of exorcising turned on him and gave him a shove which caused him to fall. Keating believes this is what ultimately led to his death from a stroke. “He was targeted by the dark side for a long time,” she said.

8/14/03

Visions and Warnings

Author Kathleen Keating (website), the main guest on Thursday night, said a group of visionaries she has contact with, have indicated we are entering into a new time of tribulation. Keating believes such things as severe weather and earthquakes are God's way of "letting us destroy ourselves," as retribution for misdeeds. And yet, she said that such a catastrophic event as a nuclear explosion in Chicago could be "spiritual" because "it would bring us back to God."

"The veil is thinning between our world and eternity," Keating said, and this was leading to an increase in strange dreams and visions. People have reported hearing voices coming from their air conditioners she noted. Interestingly, she revealed that her ranch, where she raises horses, is somewhat of a portal to hell. Her daughter was picked up and thrown by a force in the barn and a colt's head seemed to changed shape. Keating believes the land near her ranch, which has been found to have numerous dinosaur relics, has restless spirits about.

HailGilbert

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 07:17:am »
Quote from: ChantCd

I read this not-so-flattering review of her:

http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/2000/0010fr.asp

Now of course the guy is very anti-Traditional Catholic, so I don't mind that part -- but if he's not outright lying about her, I am disturbed by this part:

It may not be fair, but I tend to judge people by the company they keep. Kathleen Keating keeps some odd company. In addition to her column she publishes an online newsletter called The Messenger. (The first 200 subscribers are promised a St. Benedict Medal and a holy card.) She is editor in chief. On her staff she has a woman whose title is Paranormal Editor. Another is called the Emerging Diseases Editor. A third woman is called the Alien Interaction Editor. (Her job has nothing to do with Mexicans crossing the border.)

My favorite staffer is James Bartley, whose title is Alien Civil Affairs Editor. He is described as "an abductee" and researcher on UFOs. His specialty is investigating "the Reptilian Overlordship of the Human Race." He "works with a team of individuals who are developing resistance techniques against the Reptilians and who are devoted to disseminating meaningful information as a counter to the pervasive pro-Reptilian propaganda."

Is she really into aliens and all that garbage?

Any good Catholic (especially a traditional one!) knows that all aliens are devils. Just read this article and see for yourself:

http://www.sspx.ca/Angelus/2001_October/UFO_Phenomenon.htm

Any comments?

Matthew

If anyone has read my past posts on this topic, I hold that all aliens are not devils, since we don't have any evidence beyond the shadow of a reasonable doubt that they exist in the first place. So I dispute the underlined statement.

But as far as this poor lady is concerned, there is no disagreement. She needs prayers, at the very least. And if she is a Bayside believer, then prayers for her need to be doubled. Thank you.
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton

Vincentius

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 08:35:am »
Sounds like a neoCatholic version of Scientology and Kathleen Keating is actually L. Ron Hubbard reincarnated.   The other characters are variants of Tom Cruise and John Travolta.  

Ancilla_Indigna

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 12:11:pm »

JHS

If it doesn't contain the spirit of Truth (that is, it is not in accord with the infalliable declaration of Popes, and/or the teachings of Church Doctors and/or Fathers), or you're not sure, but never-the-less, it does not aid in one iota towards developing your relationship with Christ, my advice is to...

Chuck it!  Don't get pulled into the sin of having undue curiosity, since it won't be coming from the holy will of God, to say the very least.

I'd recommend more prayer.

En Jesu per Mariam,

ancilla indigna

CampeadorShin

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 01:32:pm »
Scientology is entirely pagan.  Though I'm no fan of neoCatholicism, I think its innacurate to term this woman and her movement "neoCatholic Scientology".
SINCE OCTOBER 26TH, I HAVE NOT BEEN ALLOWED TO POST OR SEND PM'S.  I CAN RECIEVE PM'S BUT CAN'T REPLY.

WHY?  NO ONE HAS TOLD ME.

liliaagri

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 03:23:pm »

Quote from: ChantCd

My favorite staffer is James Bartley, whose title is Alien Civil Affairs Editor. He is described as "an abductee" and researcher on UFOs.

I want to believe.

Just kidding.

"Got no feel, I got no rhythm
I just keep losing my beat
I`m alright, I`m alright
I ain`t gonna face no defeat
I just gotta get out of this prison cell
Someday I`m gonna be free..."

QuisUtDeus

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 03:26:pm »

Quote from: CampeadorShin
Scientology is entirely pagan.  Though I'm no fan of neoCatholicism, I think its innacurate to term this woman and her movement "neoCatholic Scientology".

My term: professional Catholic conspiracy theorist.  She just takes conspiracy theories du jour and mixes Catholicism.  Worse, she isn't mixing neoCatholicism, but traditional Catholicism.

Fr. Martin is about as far as I'll entertain  Catholic conspiracies.  Mostly because his seem to be panning out a little bit.  Some P2 and other things, but this kind of stuff is over the top.

Now, secular and gov't conspiracies like ChantCD posts are different.  Those are fine unless they mess with your faith.  I read those all the time, and give them a little more leeway.  I mean, I listen to CTC almost every night.  Some I find just entertaining, some I find possible.  Even aliens.  I don't believe in them per se, but I just don't know.  I think most are demonic, just like ghosts, but there's still a possibility that God made something else somewhere for some purpose known only to Him.

But as soon as someone starts pulling theories out under the sign of the Church, it's time to put on the brakes.