Choose style:

Author Topic: Latin Mass in Colorado?  (Read 2580 times)

St_Josephs_Man

Latin Mass in Colorado?
« on: May 03, 2008, 07:43:pm »
My sister and I were talking the other day about uprooting the rest of our siblings and parents and dragging them all out of California. It's getting to liberal, the air quality is horrible, and it's expensive.

For some weird reason we've always liked Colorado; we both really like mountain-y areas. I figured if I'm moving I might as well try and move close to a truly Catholic Community.

So here goes. I know I'm being specific, but I'm going for my all out dream place. Anybody know of any place that has some of these qualities in Colorado?

A beautiful church that celebrates the Latin Mass every Sunday.
Offers all seven Sacraments in the Traditional Rite
Is located in a smaller town. Not tiny, but definitally not a big city.
Is near mountains.
Decently priced homes.
Good employment rates.
Need to have a place for horses and small ranches.
Decent Schools
Good Air Quality

Anybody know any place? No? Anywhere in the US like that (with little to no humidity if we're venturing to the east coast).
“To live without faith, without a patrimony to defend, without a steady struggle for truth, that is not living, but existing.” ~ Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati, may he be canonized soon!

Baskerville

Latin Mass in Colorado?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 08:20:pm »

The only Church I know of with the Latin Mass is in Littleton a suburb of Denver. So that kinda knocks out your little city criteria

anamchara

Latin Mass in Colorado?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 08:27:pm »
I understand there is a 1962 mass in Ft. Collins.

"What do you think you're doing by infesting the whole world?  Because I do it with a puny boat, I am called a pirate; because you do it with a great fleet, you are called an emperor."

AndreasAngelopolitanus

• Lay Inquisitor General
Latin Mass in Colorado?
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 08:46:pm »

Quote from: St_Josephs_Man
Offers all seven Sacraments in the Traditional Rite

Aw, c'mon... you're gonna have to budge a little on this one.  How about 6 of the 7.  I mean, do you expect your rural chapel to administer Holy Orders, too??! 
Arreptisque Nadab et Abiu, filii Aaron, turibulis posuerunt ignem et incensum desuper, offerentes coram Domino ignem alienum quod eis praeceptum non erat.  Egressusque ignis a Domino devoravit eos et mortui sunt coram Domino.  Loose Translation:  Don't monkey around with the Mass.

Quote from: ggreg
Since Southern Californians are wacko anyway...

Mr. Cole's Axiom: The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.

Nemo ante mortem beatus dicendus.

Magdalene

• Blue Fish
Latin Mass in Colorado?
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 09:58:pm »
There is a FSSP parish in Fountain, CO which is on the south side of Colorado Springs.  In between C. Springs and Pueblo, you should be able to find some pieces of land.

There is another FSSP parish in Littleton which is south Denver but it is smack in the city and all that area is growing like mad.

There is to be a FSSP community formed in Ft. Collins and there is land to build there.  They have the TLM on the First Sunday of the month at this time but I hear it is to expand to weekly and then one day there will be a full parish life. One can still find land there too.

As far as I know there are NO Latin Masses in the diocese of Pueblo at this time and probably not for a time to come.

As far as small mountain town communities, I have not heard of any that are regular TLM at all.  It is expensive-naturally- to live in those areas. But coming from California, it may seem reasonable...

There is also some TLMs to be found around Santa Fe in New Mexico as well. Santa Fe is trendy and expensive but outlying areas are more reasonable,

By all means, get out of California! Come east, young man!
Ave Maria!

AgnusDei1989

• Musimaniac
Latin Mass in Colorado?
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 10:03:pm »
The SSPX church, St. Isidore's, Denver, Colorado, fits most of these. A beautiful church (it's immense, and gorgeous!) that celebrates the Latin Mass every Sunday, offers all seven Sacraments (okay, six, I don't think they have ordinations) in the Traditional Rite-- is located in a smaller town...well, it's in the middle of nowhere, kind of, but it isn't too far from the actual city of Denver. So your place for horses and small ranches and your good air quality are there; but about the employment and home prices, I don't know. They have a school too. There's also the chapel in Fort Collins.

DENVER
St. Isidore's Church
303-344-9300
32100 E. Colfax Avenue, Service Road
WATKINS
Sunday 9:00am
Saturday 4:00pm
Monday 8:30am
1st Friday  7:00pm
1st Saturday 4:00pm
FORT COLLINS
Annunciation Chapel
970-484-4868
290 E. County Road 56
Sunday 2:00pm

Verbis defectis, musica incipit.

"Music is God's gift to man, the only art of Heaven given to earth, the only art of earth we take to Heaven." -- Walter Savage Landor

Baskerville

Latin Mass in Colorado?
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 12:44:am »
Quote from: AgnusDei1989
The SSPX church, St. Isidore's, Denver, Colorado, fits most of these. A beautiful church (it's immense, and gorgeous!) that celebrates the Latin Mass every Sunday, offers all seven Sacraments (okay, six, I don't think they have ordinations) in the Traditional Rite-- is located in a smaller town...well, it's in the middle of nowhere, kind of, but it isn't too far from the actual city of Denver. So your place for horses and small ranches and your good air quality are there; but about the employment and home prices, I don't know. They have a school too. There's also the chapel in Fort Collins.

DENVER
St. Isidore's Church
303-344-9300
32100 E. Colfax Avenue, Service Road
WATKINS
Sunday 9:00am
Saturday 4:00pm
Monday 8:30am
1st Friday  7:00pm
1st Saturday 4:00pm

FORT COLLINS
Annunciation Chapel
970-484-4868
290 E. County Road 56
Sunday 2:00pm

D'oh I forgot to mention St Isidore's. I have never been there but I have seen their website. It's a beautiful Church.

BibleCatholicJMJ

Latin Mass in Colorado?
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 01:38:am »
I'm in Colorado Springs and will be moving to Denver in August.  There's an FSSP Mass in the Colorado Springs diocese that I used to attend.  The church isn't bad, the southern side of Colorado Springs isn't as nice as the rest of town.  Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, also FSSP, in Denver has a really nice church if they are still at the same location.  I haven't been there in awhile.  If you don't mind "schismatic" churches, the CMRI communities in Colorado Springs (where I attend) and in Denver (where I will be going starting in August) both recently purchases their own churches.  Here is the link to the Denver parish: http://www.ourladyofthesnow.net/index.htm.

The others already mentioned some others, but these are the only ones I've been to so far.

St_Josephs_Man

Latin Mass in Colorado?
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 04:03:am »

Aw, c'mon... you're gonna have to budge a little on this one.  How about 6 of the 7.  I mean, do you expect your rural chapel to administer Holy Orders, too??! 

No! It must have ALL seven Sacraments!

LoL, ok so I wasn't really thinking as I typed that out.

St. Isidore's looks amazing...but SSPX...well, maybe their situation will be normalized eventually. I can hope right? AgnusDei1989 do you attend St. Isidore's?

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I tried looking online but it's hard to find a certain Culture and Community just through websites when you have no idea of where to start looking!
“To live without faith, without a patrimony to defend, without a steady struggle for truth, that is not living, but existing.” ~ Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati, may he be canonized soon!

Heinrich

• Guilty. Miserere mei Deus.
  • Kommie Krusher
Latin Mass in Colorado?
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 04:34:pm »

Quote from: BibleCatholicJMJ
I'm in Colorado Springs and will be moving to Denver in August.  There's an FSSP Mass in the Colorado Springs diocese that I used to attend.  The church isn't bad, the southern side of Colorado Springs isn't as nice as the rest of town.  Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, also FSSP, in Denver has a really nice church if they are still at the same location.  I haven't been there in awhile.  If you don't mind "schismatic" churches, the CMRI communities in Colorado Springs (where I attend) and in Denver (where I will be going starting in August) both recently purchases their own churches.  Here is the link to the Denver parish: http://www.ourladyofthesnow.net/index.htm.

The others already mentioned some others, but these are the only ones I've been to so far.

The CMRI has finally gotten a church! Great for you guys! No more Clarion. I will have to keep posted on new location and times--your 1 O'clock Mass is our back up if we oversleep.

The FSSP parish in Fountain will be getting a new pastor, Fr. Dupree, who leaves the Littleton FSSP chapel, Our Lady of Mount Carmel.
Politics and idiosyncracies aside, there are traditional communities in the Front Range to meet anyone's needs: three FSSP chapels, Two SSPX, CMRI in Denver and Colorado Springs. There is an independent monastery in Black Forest, just north of Colorado Springs that does offer all 7. But I would be wary about it, I have heard they use mind control and intimidation. Best of luck. Please do not hesitate to email about anything related to moving to Colorado. my wife and I were in the same situation just over three years ago and we are slowly getting grounded.
Jesus, I trust in You.