Choose style:

Author Topic: Imminent war between nuclear powers Pakistan and India possible  (Read 1288 times)

HMiS

„Ja, Ja, wie Gott es will. Gott lohne es Euch. Gott schütze das liebe Vaterland. Für Ihn weiterarbeiten... oh, Du lieber Heiland!” ("Yes, Yes, as God wills it. May God repay it to you. May God protect the dear fatherland. Go on working for him... oh, you dear Savior!") - Clemens August Cardinal von Galen, his last words.

LaRoza

Imminent war between nuclear powers Pakistan and India possible
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 02:06:pm »
It has been brewing for a long time. It won't be pretty if there is a war. Both have a lot of people and aren't in good positions to begin with.

didishroom

Why do we keep worring about this and getting ourselves worked up? War will always be happening. Nothing we can do to change it. Nuclear war has been predicted since we dropped the bomb on Hiroshima-so far nothing.

"We're from Jersey. Not New Jersey, just Jersey.  We curse a lot. We say "yo" and we say it often. We sure as hell don't pump our own gas. We know what real pizza tastes like and we know that a bagel is much more than a roll wit a hole in the middle. We judge people by what exit they are off the parkway or by what mall they live closest to. We drive SUVs and we tailgate any chance we get.  All good nights must end in a diner, preferably with cheese fries. It's a sub, not a hoagie or a hero. and I wash it down with soda, not pop.  I have a dawg, and I drink cawfee.  ..and New York City, is "the city." We know 65 mph means 80 mph."-Anon

Foolish then, is he who departs from the Vicar of Christ Crucified, who has the keys of the Blood, or who goes against him . . . Even though the pope were satan incarnate himself, I may not lift up my head against him, but I must always humble myself, and beg for the Blood as a mercy, for in no other wise can I obtain a part of it -St. Catherine of Sienna.

If desire has equal power with actual Baptism, you would then be satisfied to desire Glory, as though that longing itself were Glory!-St. Gregory Nazianzen.

HMiS

Quote from: didishroom

Why do we keep worring about this and getting ourselves worked up? War will always be happening. Nothing we can do to change it. Nuclear war has been predicted since we dropped the bomb on Hiroshima-so far nothing.

"Of course! Let's have a BBQ! Why should we care if Southern Asia is blown to pieces and world economy is destroyed by fear of nuclear escalation!"

„Ja, Ja, wie Gott es will. Gott lohne es Euch. Gott schütze das liebe Vaterland. Für Ihn weiterarbeiten... oh, Du lieber Heiland!” ("Yes, Yes, as God wills it. May God repay it to you. May God protect the dear fatherland. Go on working for him... oh, you dear Savior!") - Clemens August Cardinal von Galen, his last words.

devotedknuckles

Why do we keep worring about this and getting ourselves worked up? War will always be happening. Nothing we can do to change it. Nuclear war has been predicted since we dropped the bomb on Hiroshima-so far nothing
Very re assuring didishroom.

This is the journey
from which, for me there shall be no return
wholly drenched
is the pine tree of  tears
-Yoshida Shoin

Rex_Tremendae

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 02:53:pm »
That picture is disturbing.

Anyways, a nuclear war in Pakistan/India would not only be disastrous for Southern Asia, but for the whole world. It only takes like 20 nuclear bombs to send the world to Hell in the carpool lane. You can bet if India/Pakistan start a war, China and all its buddies will jump in somehow. Keep in mind, China, Vietnam, N. Korea all have ridiculously large armies- combined, they are probably unstoppable.

Melkite

If an imminent war is only possible, then isn't it not actually imminent?

CatholicThurifer

Quote from: Melkite

HMiS

I am not a native speaker of English, sorry.

Rex_Tremendae

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 03:26:pm »
Quote from: HMiS

I am not a native speaker of English, sorry.

I don't really get it either. I think he is saying that if war is imminent then there is 100% chance of it happening, therefore to say that it is possible (ie less than 100% chance) then it isn't really imminent per se.