Choose style:

Author Topic: Eucharistic Adoration Online  (Read 2865 times)

Elizabeth82

Eucharistic Adoration Online
« on: January 17, 2009, 11:19:pm »
I am curious about how readers view Eucharistic Adoration online. Just this evening, I discovered a Web site featuring live online adoration broadcast by a Web cam. This is the first I have ever heard of such a phenomenon. What is your perception of this? Is it possible for online adoration--assuming it is a validly consecrated Host--to have the same effect as adoring the Blessed Sacrament in person? I tend to believe online adoration would not have the same effect, but it may serve some benefit.

See the Web site:

http://www.savior.org/default.htm

OLOMC

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 11:41:pm »

To my knowledge, it would be pretty much similar to having a holy card of that particular web cam image. Not being in His Sacramental presence, how can we adore him? Certainly respect for the Image and Blessed Sacrament, but not being there is totally different. It's like attending Mass vs. seeing one on TV or via the 'net, as fellow board member Fr. Cekada has provided video streaming on his website and I was able to watch once I believe for The Feast of All Souls.

Dauphin

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 11:45:pm »

You'd be worshipping a bunch of pixels, not the Eucharist. You have to actually be in the presence of the Eucharist to adore It.

Kingston Traditional Latin Mass: http://kingstontlm.blogspot.com/

"No one, let his almsgiving be as great as it may, no one, even if he pour out his blood for the Name of Christ, can be saved, unless he remain within the bosom and the unity of the Catholic Church."- Pope Eugene IV

"Our Lord is not 'El Cheapo'. Our Lord does not work on an 'El Cheapo' basis. Our Lord is 'El Expensivo'. Our Lord costs, because eternity is extremely precious." - Bishop Williamson, SSPX

"Whoever wants to be saved should above all cling to the Catholic faith: whoever does not guard it whole and inviolate will doubtless perish eternally." - Saint Athanasius

The_Harlequin_King

• Protector of the Internet!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 11:58:pm »
I think it's kind of dorky, personally. But as long as you realize it's not the same as being there, I guess that's okay. You can't give a webstream any more devotion than to, say, a regular image of Christ. It can only be an aid to worship, not worshiped itself.
Please read and subscribe to my blog: Modern Medievalism. Applying old-world solutions to new-world problems.

Praying for the dead is important. PM me if you need a cantor for the Requiem Mass of a deceased friend or family member. Have cassock and surplice, will travel. (Will also do weddings for a reasonable price.)

StevusMagnus

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 03:02:am »
I think it is a neat idea, however, what sort of Masonic looking symbol do they have Our Lord in?

Elizabeth82

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 12:36:pm »

I agree with most of the commentary posted. Praying before an image of the Blessed Sacrament is different from being physically present in an adoration chapel. Further, your quality of prayer before this image online may be affected by your surroundings--noise, interruptions, telephone ringing, etc. The atmosphere of an adoration chapel is more conducive to prayer.

Stevus, I too was disturbed by the Masonic monstrance. It really is quite hideous.

miss_fluffy

• Domina Frivola
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 12:56:pm »
Well, if the monstrance wasn't so creepy looking, and it showed more of the room, as if giving you a feel of actually being there, kneeling in a pew, I could see it as maybe helpful.  I used to live within walking distance to a very quiet, reverent Adoration Chapel.  I miss being able to go all the time, and seeing something that reminded me of being in that room would be helpful for praying.
Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.– Buddha

Note: According to this precept, I find that Buddhism is NOT true.  I have tested and judged many things, and the only Truth I have found is in God's One True Church: The Catholic Church.

Dear Lord, I know I can live by Your Holy Will every moment of my life, because You have given me faith that Your Grace will enable me to.

JoeVoxxPop

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 01:56:pm »

idolotry