Choose style:

Author Topic: Online "Liturgia Horarum"  (Read 4969 times)

Credo

Online "Liturgia Horarum"
« on: October 10, 2009, 11:32:pm »
The below site contains the complete Liturgia Horarum on-line.

The linked site will be especially useful for those who would like to use the actual antiphons for First Vespers, Lauds, and Second Vespers of Sundays. As some might know, like the current schema of Sunday Gospel readings, as of 1985 the Liturgia Horarum includes a set of Sunday antiphons which all correspond to the day's Mass reading. As it presently stands, Catholics in the United States who wish to use the ICEL English edition of the Liturgy of the Hours is stuck using an antiphon for First Vespers which aligns with the Sunday Gospel for Year A, an antiphon for Lauds which aligns to Year B, and an antiphon for Second Vespers which aligns with the Gospel for Year C. Hopefully this is a help to such souls.

http://www.almudi.org/Portals/0/docs/Breviario/fuentes/breviario.html
I promise not to put anything here which might help us question our mind-forged manacles, inspire us, or help us in any way at all.

N.B.: I will not be posting on this site again until the Christmas octave. Have a good Advent.

glgas

Re: Online "Liturgia Horarum"
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 08:13:am »

dkpintar

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 01:14:pm »
FYI..........................

Paxbook shows that it''s  Liturgia Horarum in the "inexpensive" vinyl cover is published in 2000.  But the "leatherbound" edition has a publishing date of 2004. I wonder if that means it might have the year ABC antiphons placed correctly?  If it does, that's good.
But it still does not solve the problem of not having a book with the other year's readings etc. The published version in Liturgia Horarum is for year 2.
But I suppose I could use my Monastique Lectionnaire (Latin/French) as it has the two year (Benedictine-Solesmes) cycle.

Or i could just pray it all in French using the Liturgie des Heures with the Lectionnaire pour chaque jour d-annee.

Choices.....................................
die 1 martii: Menéviæ in Cámbira, sancti David, epíscopi, qui, exémpla et mores Patrum orientálium ímitans, monastérium, cóndidit, unde permùlti profécti sunt mónachi, qui Cámbriam, Hibérnium, Cornúbiam et Armóricam evangelizárunt.

Credo

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 02:11:pm »
The two-year Benedictine-Solesmes cycle, is that the origional schema which was origionally laid out for the LOTH, or is it created by the folk at Solesmes?
I promise not to put anything here which might help us question our mind-forged manacles, inspire us, or help us in any way at all.

N.B.: I will not be posting on this site again until the Christmas octave. Have a good Advent.

dkpintar

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 02:33:am »
The two-year Benedictine-Solesmes cycle, is that the original schema which was origionally laid out for the LOTH, or is it created by the folk at Solesmes?

The scripture citations match those of Jeffrey BeBeau  who has put them up on the internet after reading the schema in Notitae..
 His link does not seem to be working this morning.  But I have it on an excel spread-sheet in pdf format if you would like a copy.

The patrisitic readings of Solesmes may be "Benedictine" only in many places, but still worthwhile.

The "Almudi" site is quite good.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 02:34:am by dkpintar »
die 1 martii: Menéviæ in Cámbira, sancti David, epíscopi, qui, exémpla et mores Patrum orientálium ímitans, monastérium, cóndidit, unde permùlti profécti sunt mónachi, qui Cámbriam, Hibérnium, Cornúbiam et Armóricam evangelizárunt.