Choose style:

Author Topic: Latin Mass In Texas  (Read 2848 times)

littlerose

• Solitary Artist & Officially Weird Person
  • quia quod stultum est Dei sapientius est hominibus
    • My Page In Facebook
Re: Latin Mass In Texas
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 11:58:am »
I bet Latin in Texan sounds funny.

"Domy-nuyse Vouh-BIS-cumn"
"Ett Cume Spyurhi-twooo twooo-OH, pardner!"

No, it's "et cum spiritu t'y'all"

Windmill

• Brazos Valley Schola Cantorum
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 10:27:am »
I live in College Station, TX, the most conservative city in the Austin diocese.  We have texas A&M University, the university that lives and breathes tradition.  The community has been labelled "The most anti-choice community in the USA" by Planned Parenthood, and we wear that moniker like a badge.  The Catholics here are very well catechized and very well-educated.

I can't figure out why there isn't a TLM here yet.  Petitions have been signed, etc..... but nothing has happened yet.  I am a founding member of the Brazos Valley Schola Cantorum (now going on for 6 years), and we've been preparing ourselves for when the time is ripe.  Until then, we are making Latin chant available for random appearances throughout the deanery.  We've sung at Brenham's TLM, but it's a far drive for a regular deal.

Prayers for other Texans who deeply desire a TLM in their town.   :pray:

glgas

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 11:34:am »
Try to convince your parish priest to let a small choir sing Latin in the New Mass. In our Parish http://www.stpetervolo.org/)  the

- Introit
- Kyrie
- Gloria
- Gradual
- Alleluia
- Offertory
- Sanctus
- Communion

is sung (the ordinary by all, the proper by the choir only) in the New Masses too

I live in College Station, TX, the most conservative city in the Austin diocese.  We have texas A&M University, the university that lives and breathes tradition.  The community has been labelled "The most anti-choice community in the USA" by Planned Parenthood, and we wear that moniker like a badge.  The Catholics here are very well catechized and very well-educated.

I can't figure out why there isn't a TLM here yet.  Petitions have been signed, etc..... but nothing has happened yet.  I am a founding member of the Brazos Valley Schola Cantorum (now going on for 6 years), and we've been preparing ourselves for when the time is ripe.  Until then, we are making Latin chant available for random appearances throughout the deanery.  We've sung at Brenham's TLM, but it's a far drive for a regular deal.

Prayers for other Texans who deeply desire a TLM in their town.   :pray:

Scipio_a

• No, you're not a trad...you're a BITTER zealot.
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 12:13:pm »
And someone would want to waste their time doing that because????

A whole can of Lysol sprayed on a turd...and you still have a turd.
"Scipio Bull Biscuits, a flawlessly indoctrinated feminist male." - paraphrased from voxpop in one of his shining moments!!

"You've become a full adept to your kabbalistic philosemetism ...why not get it over with and fully convert to Judaism. At lest that would be respectable." - Popscile

"[Scipio's] high on mouth and low on brains"  - a brainiac

"...all I can guess is that maybe you're gay and haven't figured it out yet."   ???....LOL

"a malicious twerp" - A candylander

"I ain't no freakin' monument to justice!" -Moonstruck

"Check out the big brain on Brad" - Jules

littlerose

• Solitary Artist & Officially Weird Person
  • quia quod stultum est Dei sapientius est hominibus
    • My Page In Facebook
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 12:24:pm »
And someone would want to waste their time doing that because????

A whole can of Lysol sprayed on a turd...and you still have a turd.

Uh, your point?

Quote from Windmill
Until then, we are making Latin chant available for random appearances throughout the deanery.  We've sung at Brenham's TLM, but it's a far drive for a regular deal.

I know what you are up against.  But stay connected and concentrate on building the community of faithful, encourage people to move into the same neighborhoods if possible, making it easier to avoid the attrition of isolation..  The conservatism of that area is not all that it appears to be.