Choose style:

Author Topic: Chaplet of the Miraculous Medal  (Read 2351 times)

InNomineDomini

• abyssus abyssum invocat
Chaplet of the Miraculous Medal
« on: December 23, 2010, 12:49:am »
Hi everyone, I'm pretty devoted to Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, and below is a prayer I wrote a little while ago, called the Chaplet of the Miraculous Medal.  If you like it, please feel free to share it with friends and family, and of course adopt if as your own personal devotion. I'm still working on a Latin translation.

Make the Sign of the Cross.

Say the Act of Consecration to the Blessed Virgin Mary: My Queen and my Mother, to thee I offer myself without any reserve; and to give thee a mark of my devotion, I consecrate to thee during this day my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, and my whole person.  Since I belong to thee, O my good Mother, preserve and defend me as they property and possession.

On the first large bead, recite the Our Father.

On the three beads, recite the Hail Mary.

On the next large bead, say the Miraculous Medal prayer: Virgin Mother of God, Mary Immaculate, we unite ourselves to you under your title of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal.

On the ten beads, say:

O Mary, conceived without original sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.

Repeat until the end.

At the end, say this prayer,

O Blessed Virgin, we fly to thee as our protector and mother, may we hear your voice as did your faithful servant Catherine Laboure.  Display yourself and sanctify our souls, O virgin of virgins, mother most chaste.  Through devotion and recourse to thee my we, your humble servants, attain eternal salvation at the hands of your Son Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Say the Memorare:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.

Thanks for taking the time to read everyone!
Seek the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, you that have wrought his judgment: seek the just, seek the meek: if by any means you may be hid in the day of the Lord's indignation.
Sophonias 2:3
Is the seed as yet sprung up? or hath the vine, and the fig tree, and the pomegranate, and the olive tree as yet flourished? from this day I will bless you.
Aggeus 2:20
For then thou shalt be able to prosper, if thou keep the commandments, and judgments, which the Lord commanded Moses to teach Israel: take courage and act manfully, fear not, nor be dismayed.
1 Paralipomenon 13

Penelope

Re: Chaplet of the Miraculous Medal
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 12:54:am »
Very nice, Father! Thanks for sharing!!
"To the guts and to the flexing heart and to the whole body of this language in much love, in grief for my dullness and in shame for my smallness and meagreness and caution. May I in time become as worthy of it as man may become of his words." - James Agee

Spooky

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 12:59:am »
I likey! Thanks Father!

InNomineDomini

• abyssus abyssum invocat
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 01:06:am »
Thanks everyone! If anyone wants more Rosary based prayers, I've written a couple.
Seek the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, you that have wrought his judgment: seek the just, seek the meek: if by any means you may be hid in the day of the Lord's indignation.
Sophonias 2:3
Is the seed as yet sprung up? or hath the vine, and the fig tree, and the pomegranate, and the olive tree as yet flourished? from this day I will bless you.
Aggeus 2:20
For then thou shalt be able to prosper, if thou keep the commandments, and judgments, which the Lord commanded Moses to teach Israel: take courage and act manfully, fear not, nor be dismayed.
1 Paralipomenon 13