Choose style:

Author Topic: 5-Way Scapular  (Read 1982 times)

candyapple

5-Way Scapular
« on: March 07, 2011, 12:27:am »
Does anyone know the requirements on wearing the 5-way scapular? If I wear a brown scapular, do I wear it in addition to or does the brown in the 5 way count? Thanks. I just couldn't find clearly defined requirements for the 5-way like found with the brown scapular.
“To fall in love with God is the greatest romance; to seek him the greatest adventure; to find him, the greatest human achievement.”
― Augustine of Hippo
"Jesus is the owner of my heart, and belonging to Him I find that I can smile, even in the midst of tears." -St Gemma Galgani

Bakuryokuso

• Eh
  • ///
Re: 5-Way Scapular
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 12:37:am »
I think the brown in the 5 way counts as a brown. You've already been enrolled by a priest?

http://www.totallycatholic.com/product.php?id=1226
http://carmelnet.org/scapular/rules/rules.htm
"I suppose the greatest reform of our time was that carried out by St Pius X: surpassing anything, however needed, that the Council will achieve." -- JRR Tolkien, letter to his son Michael, 1 November 1963

candyapple

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 12:40:am »
Yes
“To fall in love with God is the greatest romance; to seek him the greatest adventure; to find him, the greatest human achievement.”
― Augustine of Hippo
"Jesus is the owner of my heart, and belonging to Him I find that I can smile, even in the midst of tears." -St Gemma Galgani

Revixit

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 06:07:am »
Does anyone know the requirements on wearing the 5-way scapular? If I wear a brown scapular, do I wear it in addition to or does the brown in the 5 way count? Thanks. I just couldn't find clearly defined requirements for the 5-way like found with the brown scapular.

You only have to be enrolled once in the Brown Scapular and they do wear out and get replaced, without requiring new enrollment.  I don't think your old one has to wear out before you can switch to a 5-way or a Brown Scapular with a different picture or design, like the crusader design.

But, to be sure, ask a priest.

May the Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on us.

Vita sine libris mors est.