Choose style:
Subscription Options:

One-time Donations:

Author Topic: Archdiocese of Boston  (Read 3055 times)

DesperatelySeeking

Re: Archdiocese of Boston
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 08:12:pm »
Sigh, I live in the Archdiocese of Boston.

I'm torn, this is terrible. On one hand this, on the other hand Cardinal O'Malley has recently been bringing back and celebrating the TLM. These events are at the opposite ends of the spectrum. He's done a lot to clean up the scandal here in Boston, the scandals occurred under Cardinal Law.

Cardinal Sean (O'Malley)  is a little meek for my liking but this is a bit much. There was a link a few days back on FE to send him a letter about this I will be digging it up and send my response and also withholding future contributions to the Annual Appeal.

It's funny I got to confession at a shrine not in the Archdiocese of Boston, even though I've returned home to the Catholic Church a few years ago I still feel funny being part of the Archdiocese of Boston other than weekly Mass. I may need to find a Parish in the Archdiocese of Fall River or Archdiocese of Worcester after this...

This is depressing...

You ain't got much choice.  Diocese of Worcester is my old home....Bishop McManus has taken some good public stands, but the diocese overall is just a big happy-clappy NO mess.  One TLM, waaaayyyyy out in the sticks in Still River at St. Anne's.  Far as I know (having been gone 2 years) not a single diocesan TLM or even a Latin NO.

Petertherock

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 08:51:pm »
I pray this NO Mass was invalid. That would save the mockery of Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. This is yet more reason to avoid any NO.

ETA: If we had a Pope that was worth anything this Cardinal Sean and most of the priests would be removed from ministry. Instead...the Pope in his henchmen are dreaming up ways to keep the SSPX from being regularized...after all, it's the SSPX that is a danger to the Catholic Church and not these homo heretics.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:53:pm by Petertherock »
Darryl
Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

"Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ." -St. Athanasius

3Sanctus

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 09:02:pm »

ETA: If we had a Pope that was worth anything this Cardinal Sean and most of the priests would be removed from ministry.

Unfortunately we got stuck with the Pope that the Holy Ghost chose for us.

I certainly see His Holiness' short-comings, but I think calling him completely worthless is going too far.  How would the saints - and people in general prior to Vatican II - react to hearing that from a Catholic about a pope who has not been judged a heretic?

Petertherock

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 09:16:pm »

ETA: If we had a Pope that was worth anything this Cardinal Sean and most of the priests would be removed from ministry.

Unfortunately we got stuck with the Pope that the Holy Ghost chose for us.

I certainly see His Holiness' short-comings, but I think calling him completely worthless is going too far.  How would the saints - and people in general prior to Vatican II - react to hearing that from a Catholic about a pope who has not been judged a heretic?

In my frustration I overreacted. Certainly expanding the TLM was a great thing for the Church...and I don't just blame the current Holy Father for this crap that is destroying the Faith but he hasn't done enough...how would the Saints prior to V2 act towards the Pope not reigning in heretics that are Bishops, Cardinals, and Priests?

Darryl
Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

"Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ." -St. Athanasius

revert_43

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 09:31:pm »
The Warning of Father Feeney in the early 1950s was ignored and so you get what you deserve

Tell me more about the warning of Father Feeney.

m.PR

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 09:42:pm »
Sure the TLM home was moved to Mary Immaculate of Lourdes in Newton.

The TLM community I'm talking about was moved to the Boston cathedral. Now, even if they had been granted their own building, the closing down of an old church that was magnificent, and which only had financial troubles due to admitted mismanagement by the priest, is very upsetting.

By the way... I read that the FSSP offered to buy this church (Holy Trinity (German)), but the archdiocese still prefers to put it up for sale to people who might put it to profane use. It is a terrible thing what is happening to our sacred buildings - first their altars were ripped off and now they are being sold away. I still have hope that this particular case will end well, though.

revert_43

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 09:47:pm »
Sigh, I live in the Archdiocese of Boston.

I'm torn, this is terrible. On one hand this, on the other hand Cardinal O'Malley has recently been bringing back and celebrating the TLM. These events are at the opposite ends of the spectrum. He's done a lot to clean up the scandal here in Boston, the scandals occurred under Cardinal Law.

Cardinal Sean (O'Malley)  is a little meek for my liking but this is a bit much. There was a link a few days back on FE to send him a letter about this I will be digging it up and send my response and also withholding future contributions to the Annual Appeal.

It's funny I got to confession at a shrine not in the Archdiocese of Boston, even though I've returned home to the Catholic Church a few years ago I still feel funny being part of the Archdiocese of Boston other than weekly Mass. I may need to find a Parish in the Archdiocese of Fall River or Archdiocese of Worcester after this...

This is depressing...

You ain't got much choice.  Diocese of Worcester is my old home....Bishop McManus has taken some good public stands, but the diocese overall is just a big happy-clappy NO mess.  One TLM, waaaayyyyy out in the sticks in Still River at St. Anne's.  Far as I know (having been gone 2 years) not a single diocesan TLM or even a Latin NO.

St Marys Monastery in Petersham has a weekly Latin NO Mass, a reverent OF Mass and the monastic hours chanted in Latin. That would be my preference but it's a few hours away.

revert_43

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 10:00:pm »
Sure the TLM home was moved to Mary Immaculate of Lourdes in Newton.

The TLM community I'm talking about was moved to the Boston cathedral. Now, even if they had been granted their own building, the closing down of an old church that was magnificent, and which only had financial troubles due to admitted mismanagement by the priest, is very upsetting.

By the way... I read that the FSSP offered to buy this church (Holy Trinity (German)), but the archdiocese still prefers to put it up for sale to people who might put it to profane use. It is a terrible thing what is happening to our sacred buildings - first their altars were ripped off and now they are being sold away. I still have hope that this particular case will end well, though.

Yeah, you think that's bad, I used to attend Blessed Sacrament School in Boston. a big beautiful old church which was another casualty, it's be sold for redevelopment (luxury condos). That's the theme for many of the old beautiful churches in Boston. Look at some of the original artwork at the following link

http://www.jpndc.org/bss.php

Last month I attended my uncle's funeral in another old big beautiful church in Boston, I used to attend Christmas Midnight Mass there when I was a teenager (a long time ago :). Massive crucifix behind the altar, at least 25 feet high with the Blessed Virgin Mary and Mary Magdeline at the foot of the cross. Around the altar were dead or dying Eater Lillies and wallpaper that was peeling off of the wall...

Maybe my standards are low from the bludgeoning but I'll settle for a reverent Mass, OF, EF I don't care, while I certainly have my preferences. What is important is that the proper respect is shown to our creator... I think that's why the SSPX is so popular, the reverence. Sorry folks just thinking out loud.

Subscription Options:

One-time Donations: