Choose style:

Author Topic: altar cloth from hell  (Read 1472 times)

drummerboy

• Blue Fish
  • Nothing personal - just business
altar cloth from hell
« on: February 29, 2012, 01:18:pm »
"If you're going to shoot, shoot. Don't talk" - Tuco

tmw89

• "Dr. Technology"
  • Official Contest Pollster
Re: altar cloth from hell
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 01:23:pm »
LOL!  Looks to me like the modernists who made that cloth aren't even trying to hide the infernal nature of their damnable N.O. here!
"Fire on the forum?"  Just BLOCK the arsonist from your reality!  See http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/index.php/topic,3440942.msg33798417.html#msg33798417

"Don't pay any attention to anything that mentions peace, change or hope and fails to mention Christ."
--Mithrandylan

---

REMEMBER MY FISHIES:  +48/-24

Walty

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 01:23:pm »
Dude... No. Way.  Not only is this ugly as hell (pun intended) it's downright demonic. 
Quote from: Rev. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange O.P.
The Church is intolerant in principle because she believes;
she is tolerant in practice because she loves.
The enemies of the Church are tolerant in principle because they do not believe;
 they are intolerant in practice because they do not love.

Timorem Domini docebo vos.

John_77

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 01:53:pm »
Liturgical colour pentecost pyre orange?

OldMan

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 02:04:pm »
Actually it is an antependium. What I would like to see is the president of the assembly wearing matching vestments!
"It would be better to teach demons than to try to convince heretics." –St. Ephraem the Syrian, Doctor of the Church

iona_scribe

• Blue Fish
  • manuscript illuminator
    • www.ardanziger.com
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 02:57:pm »
 :LOL:  That site is primarily about bad Episcopalian vestments, but I'm sure their liturgical designers take some cues from what Catholics do.
Remember, O Christian soul, that thou hast this day, and every day of thy life: God to glorify- Jesus to imitate- The Angels and Saints to invoke- A soul to save- A body to mortify- Sins to expiate- Virtues to acquire- Hell to avoid- Heaven to gain- Eternity to prepare for- Time to profit by- Neighbors to edify- The world to despise- Devils to combat- Passions to subdue- Death perhaps to suffer- Judgment to undergo.

Phillipus Iacobus

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 03:43:pm »
It's telling when we have an entire website/blog dedicated to exposing bad vestments. Quamdiu, Domine?

aquinas138

• Māran etraḥam 'lay!
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 07:56:pm »
:LOL:  That site is primarily about bad Episcopalian vestments, but I'm sure their liturgical designers take some cues from what Catholics do.

Looking at older posts, there's plenty of Catholic abominations as well.  Particularly those gigantic puppets that are inexplicably popular among certain sets.
I revered what lay hidden
    and meditated on what was revealed.
The aim of my search was to gain profit,
    the aim of my silence was to find succor.

- St. Ephrem the Syrian

Josué

• St.Casimir pray for us.
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 11:03:am »

Looking at older posts, there's plenty of Catholic abominations as well.  Particularly those gigantic puppets that are inexplicably popular among certain sets.

I have no idea why anyone would think that would EVER look good or fun.  children and my mother are afraid of those puppets and they look just down right despicable
[   .
[/   .
Introibo ad altare Dei, ad Deum qui lætificat iuventutem meam.

Phillipus Iacobus

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 11:07:am »
One has to admit that it goes with a mitre worn by the former head of the CDW, Cardinal Arinze.