Choose style:
Subscription Options:

One-time Donations:

Author Topic: New Officers, New Swaps  (Read 4402 times)

Vox Clamantis

• Marta's Human
  • Forum Owner
New Officers, New Swaps
« on: April 19, 2012, 09:45:pm »

I made a few people fellow officers so they can host swaps themselves, without having to go through me and without my having to participate in them -- something that might free up the number of swaps that get hosted.  As of now, Maiden of God, Kayla Veronica, Piabee, Allan, and OC Little Flower can host swaps if they want (I think they have the requisite number of swaps under their belt to do so anyway!). 

So, if you five want, go ahead and think up swaps, host them, approve new Group members, announce swaps here in their own official threads, etc. Read the FAQ at swap-bot.com to learn anything you might need to know.

Look out for FLAKERS! I think one way to cut down on that possibility is to host any swaps as "PRIVATE" rather than public. That way, it'd more likely be such that Fishies would participate (though membership in the Group itself is open to others). If someone flakes -- and I've had two flakers in the few swaps we've already had! -- it's good to "angel" the person who doesn't get a package, or to arrange for someone else to do so. It isn't fair when someone goes to the trouble of participating in a swap and doesn't get something in return. It can be a real headache for the person hosting the swap (just a warming!). If someone signs up for the Group. check to see their swap-bot record: anything less than a 5.0 rating, unless there are good excuses offered and the person did his best to make it up to his partner, should result in his NOT getting approved. I've had to boot two people from the group. It sucks, but is had to be done (one of them was not a Fishie, BTW. I wasn't aware of the importance of checking user ratings and let in someone who had a history of flaking. Oops! Lesson learned!)

Anyway, have some fun!
Matthew 22:36-39: "Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law? Jesus said to him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind. This is the greatest and the first commandment. And the second is like to this: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

OCLittleFlower

• Gold Fish
  • Celebrating two years of wedded bliss.
Re: New Officers, New Swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 05:42:am »
I'm actually having problems with swaps showing up for me and I have missed the last two because of it.  So I'm a little hesitant to be the official host since I think I'm doing something VERY wrong.   :LOL:  However, I'm always game to think stuff up.  :)
@~~~~~
Mrs. Deusdark

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that they can't be verified -- Abraham Lincoln

--click on us to level us up.  thanks--

Vox Clamantis

• Marta's Human
  • Forum Owner
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 11:32:pm »
I'm actually having problems with swaps showing up for me and I have missed the last two because of it.  So I'm a little hesitant to be the official host since I think I'm doing something VERY wrong.   :LOL:  However, I'm always game to think stuff up.  :)

Are you going to the FE group page to find the swaps? And to your "dashboard" after signing up for a swap (from there, you can see all the swaps you're in, find your partners, etc.)? Are your email spam settings allowing mail from swap-bot.com? This is weird!
Matthew 22:36-39: "Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law? Jesus said to him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind. This is the greatest and the first commandment. And the second is like to this: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

kayla_veronica

• Mrs. Mith
  • Stay with us, O Lord. (Luke 24:29)
    • Kayla Peterson Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 03:04:pm »
I actually need 3 more swaps to create one.  :LOL:

I’ll do some thinking and try to come up with some ideas though! And maybe do some non-fe swaps to get my count up. 
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.

OCLittleFlower

• Gold Fish
  • Celebrating two years of wedded bliss.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 01:13:am »

Are you going to the FE group page to find the swaps? And to your "dashboard" after signing up for a swap (from there, you can see all the swaps you're in, find your partners, etc.)? Are your email spam settings allowing mail from swap-bot.com? This is weird!

Yes, I would click submit but it never went through I guess.
@~~~~~
Mrs. Deusdark

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that they can't be verified -- Abraham Lincoln

--click on us to level us up.  thanks--

Vox Clamantis

• Marta's Human
  • Forum Owner
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 09:09:pm »
Yes, I would click submit but it never went through I guess.

Dang, I wish I knew what to do to help you... If I ever figure it out, I'll let you know. If anyone else out there has ideas, please post 'em!

Toney

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 05:54:am »
So, if you five want, go ahead and think up swaps, host them, approve new Group members, announce swaps here in their own official threads, etc. Read the FAQ at swap-bot.com to learn anything you might need to know.
Gwets

Subscription Options:

One-time Donations: