Choose style:

Author Topic: Father Malachi Martin and Kakia Livanos  (Read 4913 times)

Cetil

• Old Lodge Skins
Father Malachi Martin and Kakia Livanos
« on: September 29, 2012, 09:14:am »
Kakia Livanos has been mentioned in connection with Malachi Martin and some say she was merely his housekeeper and landlady. But I noticed that she shares Father Martin's grave. Her obituary records that she married George Livanos with whom she had three children the last born in 1950. Mr. Livanos died in 1964. She was buried in a Greek Orthodox service before being interred in Father Martin's grave in 2002. They also shared the same birthday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/14/classified/paid-notice-deaths-livanos-kakia.html

Anything new on this?

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:18:am by Cetil »
"Arise, then unconquerable Prince, defend the people of God against the assaults of the reprobate spirits, and give them the victory."

Cardinal Muller: "Doctrine and pastoral care are the same thing. Jesus Christ as pastor and Jesus Christ as teacher with his word are not two different people,"

"It's like a train wreck, I keep coming back to look"

Gerard

• Banned for disrespecting the Holy Father, snarkiness, and rad-traddy negativism
Re: Father Malachi Martin and Kakia Livanos
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 10:44:am »
Father Martin had no money at the end of his life.  Fr. Fiore had to put ads in the Wanderer at the time to ask for donations to cover his final expenses. 

It could be that Fr. Martin was in Mrs. Livanos' because she had room in the plot for him. 

Cetil

• Old Lodge Skins
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 10:52:am »
Father Martin had no money at the end of his life.  Fr. Fiore had to put ads in the Wanderer at the time to ask for donations to cover his final expenses. 

It could be that Fr. Martin was in Mrs. Livanos' because she had room in the plot for him. 

A reasonable possibility. But why did she not prefer to be buried with her late husband?

C.
"Arise, then unconquerable Prince, defend the people of God against the assaults of the reprobate spirits, and give them the victory."

Cardinal Muller: "Doctrine and pastoral care are the same thing. Jesus Christ as pastor and Jesus Christ as teacher with his word are not two different people,"

LoyalVIews

• It was supposed to be LoyalViews but whatever
    • Loyal + Views
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 11:18:am »

A reasonable possibility. But why did she not prefer to be buried with her late husband?

C.
That remains the question, but I would suspect that her husband may have been buried somewhere where it wouldn't be possible for her to be buried. Perhaps he was sent to Greece? Wild but possible.

Fr Malachi Martin. Did he have a family plot? I was thinking....maybe he had no family TO be buried with, but I could be wrong.

beewizerm8

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 12:50:pm »
Fr Malachi Martin. Did he have a family plot? I was thinking....maybe he had no family TO be buried with, but I could be wrong.

He did, being an Irish citizen, his family was all in Ireland, so if he had no money to cover his final expenses, he certainly had no money to ship himself home.

Starry Plough

• Gold Fish
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 02:08:pm »
He authored 15 or so books. How could he be penniless?

Gerard

• Banned for disrespecting the Holy Father, snarkiness, and rad-traddy negativism
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 02:35:pm »
He authored 15 or so books. How could he be penniless?

According to Brian Doran a radio host who did a memorial to him, he put about 30 men through seminary training and gave everything away that he didn't absolutely need for his work.  Bernard Janzen said when he was at his apartment for an interview, Fr. Martin was late because he was buying groceries for a family that was down on their luck to the point of real hunger. 

Cetil

• Old Lodge Skins
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 06:01:pm »

C.
That remains the question, but I would suspect that her husband may have been buried somewhere where it wouldn't be possible for her to be buried. Perhaps he was sent to Greece? Wild but possible.

That's possible but her husband was a millionaire and she was of considerable means. 

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,844839,00.html

C.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 06:04:pm by Cetil »

verenaerin

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 06:20:pm »
My grandparents are all in different plots. My Gran wanted to be buried with her parents, and my Grandfather is in a military cemetary. Also, my grandfather's other wife is in a totally different plot and state. :shrug:
I cough for my own amusement...

I fight for the rights of the sleeveless!

salus

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 06:55:pm »
Listening to Father Malachi Martin on Coast to Coast many times i always heard him as 100% Catholic and a great speaker for traditional cause as for the rest of this stuff that is God's business not mine.