Choose style:

Author Topic: Padre Pio Movie in English  (Read 1463 times)

Tim

• Tim
Padre Pio Movie in English
« on: June 10, 2013, 04:26:pm »
I figured since we're pelegians and I smoke I better do some good today. I put this here because it's close enough to the subject for this forum and it'll be noticed more.

I'm joking gang about the pelegian and smoker stuff. It's 3 hours so make a few sammys and popcorn, and for those heathens buy some snickers, the Catholics and Padre Pio eat Milky Ways. Oh and the movie forgot to cover how much Padre Pio liked American Beer and Cigarettes. He let the American soldiers serve his Mass and they brought him both from the US Air Field. They spent the Sunday afternoons with him.

[   . [/   .

tim
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 06:00:pm by Tim »

Nicolaus

• Quaerite Veritatem
Re: Padre Pio Movie in English
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 07:17:pm »
This is one of my favorite movies. Three Musketeers is the real candy bar by the way. :LOL:
Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me.

A new commandment I give unto you: That you love one another, as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love one for another.

Preach the Gospel at all times. If necessary, use words.
St. Francis Assisi

He who does not embrace the teaching of the Church does not have the habit of faith.
St. Thomas Aquinas

Heretics think false things about God and call it their faith.
St. Augustine

But what is also to the point, let us note that the very tradition, teaching, and faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles and preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded; and if anyone departs from this, he neither is, nor any longer ought to be called, a Christian.
St. Athanasius

OldMan

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 08:21:pm »
Funny thing, I saw this on Youtube last night. Guess I'll give it a watch as I'v always admired Padre Pio.
"It would be better to teach demons than to try to convince heretics." –St. Ephraem the Syrian, Doctor of the Church

Deidre

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 08:37:pm »
Good find, Tim.  :w2go: And as for the smoking, posting this movie probably knocked off some of the purgatory time you'll get for it, so don't worry.  :P
“I will never abandon you, my child. My Immaculate Heart will be your refuge and the way that will lead you to God.”
-Our Lady of Fatima to Lucia

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God."
- St. Jean-Baptiste Marie Vianney

Tim

• Tim
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 08:51:pm »
Yeah but then I've got all that other time for French bread and Pasta.

tim

ArturoOrtiz

• Walking In the Desert
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 10:49:pm »
thanks for sharing the movie :)

isn't this movie copyrighted though?
The sin of the century is the loss of the sense of sin- His Holiness Pope Pius XII

<a href="http://walkinginthedesert.com/" >Walking In The Desert[/url]

Tim

• Tim
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 07:48:am »
I don't know. I assumed if it was on you tube it was public domain. There are versions in several languages. I know because I looked and one caught my eye being tagalog Fillipino.

tim

ArturoOrtiz

• Walking In the Desert
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 03:16:pm »
I assume it is too. I tried to look up the movie by googling it and saw different versions with the same name.

There were about two or three movies called Padre Pio miracle worker with different dates on them.

Also most movies that are copyrighted are taken off Youtube right away. Many people have uploaded this movie and it is still in there.

Once again thanks for posting the movie

God Bless
Arturo
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 03:23:pm by ArturoOrtiz »
The sin of the century is the loss of the sense of sin- His Holiness Pope Pius XII

<a href="http://walkinginthedesert.com/" >Walking In The Desert[/url]

A-Catholic-Catholic

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 06:27:pm »
I figured since we're pelegians and I smoke I better do some good today. I put this here because it's close enough to the subject for this forum and it'll be noticed more.

I'm joking gang about the pelegian and smoker stuff. It's 3 hours so make a few sammys and popcorn, and for those heathens buy some snickers, the Catholics and Padre Pio eat Milky Ways. Oh and the movie forgot to cover how much Padre Pio liked American Beer and Cigarettes. He let the American soldiers serve his Mass and they brought him both from the US Air Field. They spent the Sunday afternoons with him.

tim

Hi Tim -  :tiphat:

Thanks for posting this very interesting movie!

Your mention of the American soldiers jogged  my memory of something I had read many years ago.  Because it was so long ago, I no longer remember where I read this. 

In summary:  Apparently a squadron of American airplanes had been ordered to bomb the Monastery where Padre Pio lived because it was thought to have some of the enemy forces in it.

Either one or several pilots of these bombers, as they came closer to the Monastery, saw a Franciscan Monk in the sky with his right hand held up in what would normally indicate "stop". 

The pilot(s) that saw this understood the message was not to bomb their target - this Monastery.  Some time later the pilot(s) visited this same Monastery which they had not bombed and, from a "lineup" of Monks, Padre Pio was the one who was recognized saying "stop" with his hand.

Here are a few other random items of possible interest which some people might not know about Padre Pio.

Sometime during February of 1965, Padre Pio was told that very soon he would be required to Offer Mass using an experimental rite in the vernacular which had been made up by the Consilium of Synod Vatican 2 to change the Mass.  It was later called the “Consilium ad exequdam Constitutionem de Sacra Liturgia” - Consilium for implementing the Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy - after this Vatican 2 Constitution was endorsed by Pope Paul 6.

The members of this Consilium were “assisted” by some “periti” (experts) who were “advisors” to the Bishops, along with the “input” of a number of Protestant Ministers who were “consultants” - this was before the NEW “mass” began being used on the first Sunday of Advent in 1969.

“They [the six Protestant ministers] are not simply there as ‘observers’, but as ‘consultants’ as well, and they participate fully in the discussions on Catholic liturgical renewal. It wouldn’t mean much if they just listened, but they contributed” (William Wakefield Cardinal Baum [b. at Dallas, Texas on Sunday, November 21, 1926 - d. ?  ], the executive director of the American Catholic Bishop’s Commission on Ecumenical Affairs, “The Detroit News”, June 27, 1967).

Canon Ronald Jasper, in a letter dated February 10, 1977, explained that the Protestant Observers received all the documents from the drafters of the New Rite in the same way as did other members of the Consilium.

They were also present at the debates during the formal meetings when the experts - “periti” - debated.  The Protestant Observers were not permitted to join in these debates. But in the afternoons they always had informal meetings with the “periti” - experts - who had prepared the drafts. 

At such meetings they were allowed to criticize and to comment on and to make suggestions. Then it was up to the “periti” to decide whether any of their points were worth taking up during the formal meetings. These informal meetings were a complete free-for-all, and there was a very frank exchange of views. 

Padre Pio was told that the reason for this “experimental mass” what that it had been made up in order to respond to the aspirations of modern man.

But Padre Pio, before he even saw the text, immediately wrote to Pope Paul VI to ask him to be dispensed from this liturgical experiment and to be able to continue to Offer the Mass using the Missale he had always used.

Of course, this “dispensation” was not necessary, because in his Papal Bulla, Pope Saint Pius V had specifically stated, among other things:

“We specifically command each and every Patriarch, administrator and all other persons of whatsoever ecclesiastical dignity, be they even Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church or possessed of any other rank or preeminence, and We order them by virtue of holy obedience to sing or to read the Mass according to the rite and manner and norm herein laid down by Us....  and not to presume in celebrating Mass to introduce any ceremonies or recite any prayers other than those contained in this Missal.

“Furthermore, by these presents and by virtue of Our Apostolic authority We give and grant in perpetuity that for the singing or reading of Mass in any church whatsoever, this Missal must be followed absolutely, without any scruple of conscience or fear of incurring any penalty, judgment or censure, and may be freely and lawfully used.

“We likewise order and declare that no one whosoever shall be forced or coerced into altering this Missal and that this present Constitution can never be revoked or modified, but shall forever remain valid and have the force of law, notwithstanding previous constitutions or edicts of provincial or synodal councils, and notwithstanding the usage of the churches aforesaid, established by very long and even immemorial prescription, saving only usage of more than 200 years....”  (Pope Saint Pius V, Antonio-Michele Ghislieri [Friday, January 7, 1566 - Monday, May 1, 1572], Papal Bulla “Quo Primum Tempore”, Tuesday, July 14, 1570, printed at the very beginning of the “Missale Romanum”; emphasis added.)

When Cardinal Bacci came to see him in order to bring the unnecessary authorization from the Pope, Padre Pio told the Cardinal:

“For pity sake, end the Council quickly.”

Padre Pio, during the conciliar euphoria of 1965, which pledged  a “new springtime” in the Church, is said to have told one of his Brother Monks:

“In this time of darkness, let us pray.  Let us do penance for the elect,  and especially for the one who has to be their shepherd here below”.

During his life it is said that Padre Pio sacrificed himself for whoever was the reigning pope at the time, and whose photograph was among the rare pictures on the walls of his own cell.

Padre Pio was visited by the Father General of the Franciscan Order in 1966 who was on his way to Rome to preside over a special meeting, a.k.a. “Chapter”, in order to “update” the Constitutions of the Franciscan Order.

During this meeting with Padre Pio in the Monastery Cloister, the Franciscan Father General told Padre Pio the reason for his visit:

“Padre, I came to recommend to your prayers the Special Chapter for the New Constitutions...”

Instantly, after Father General had uttered “Special Chapter for the New Constitutions...”, Padre Pio is said to have made a violent gesture as he shouted:

“That is all nothing but destructive nonsense!”

Father General responded:

“But Padre, after all, there is the younger generation to take into account... the youth evolve after their own fashion... there are new demands...”  (emphasis added.)

N.B.  Note the use of the word evolve which is indicative of the Modernist heresy of evolution condemned by Pope Saint Pius X.

Padre Pio responded:

“The only thing missing is mind and heart, that is all, understanding and love.” 

As Padre Pio began to walk away from Father General, towards his cell, he turned around, half-way, and, pointing his finger at Father General, Padre Pio said:

“We must not denature ourselves, we must not denature ourselves!  At the Lord’s judgment, Saint Francis will not recognize us as his sons!”

So, Father General left with those words ringing in his ears!

Some time later, some of his Brother Franciscans were discussing some of the problems of the Franciscan Order with the Father Definitor General who is the special counselor or adviser to the Father General of a Religious Order or of a Religious Congregation.

During this discussion, Padre Pio, shocked by what he was hearing, yelled:

“What in the world are you up to in Rome? What are you scheming? You even want to change the Rule of Saint Francis!”

Father Definitor General replied:

“Padre, changes are being proposed because the youth do not want to have anything to do with the Tonsure, the Habit, the bare feet....”; (emphasis added.)

In 1966, Padre Pio described the then prevailing social and political turmoil calling it:

“the confusion of ideas and the reign of thieves.”

Padre Pio prophesied that the Communists would come to power:

“by surprise, without firing a shot...  It will happen overnight.”; (emphasis added.)

Why?

Because, according to Padre Pio:  Catholics continue to ignore the requests of Our Lady of Fatima.

Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to read this!  :tiphat:

God Bless You!   :pray:

A-Catholic-Catholic: Father Jim
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 06:34:pm by A-Catholic-Catholic »

Tim

• Tim
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 07:31:pm »
I believe I read the same book Fr. Jim.

During the bombing flights the american flyers told the Colonel that was in charge that story about the flying Monk. He went up with them the last time they flew that mission and he too saw the flying Monk, Padre Pio. He thought his fliers had lost their marbles. he was a Protestant as I recall. If I recall correctly he took a trip up to see him, and I don't remember the details.

In the movie the antagonist priest tells him Pope Pius XII and Pope Paul VI both loved him This is pure speculation from here on out. In Malachi Martin's book Pope Paul VI sent for a "country priest" to share his supper often and ask him what was going on. I suspect that could have been Padre Pio.

That book was written by one of those american flyers. They all became his spiritual sons. He speaks about several times Padre Pio bilocated to one of their homes when danger was near, and he said you knew he had been there because you could smell his cigarette smoke.

tim