Choose style:
Subscription Options:

One-time Donations:

Author Topic: Vatican puts out #LifeofWomen  (Read 1666 times)

PrairieMom

Vatican puts out #LifeofWomen
« on: December 24, 2014, 01:54:am »
It's ... uh...

I mean, I can... um...

Do you know.... errrr...

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this one. What are they doing, and why? If they were serious, why is it at this time of year?

And who IS this woman??

http://www.cultura.va/content/cultura/en/plenarie/2015-women/prep.html

Getting Ready

Following the previous Plenary on Youth Cultures and after some consultations, Cardinal Ravasi announced on the 8th of March 2014 that the next Assembly of the Members and Consultors of the Pontifical Council for Culture shall have as its theme Women's Cultures.

Some internal think-tank sessions and research later, Members and Consultors were invited to reflect on a few key themes in a pastoral vision. The incoming contributions were then consolidated in a working document which was handed to an ad hoc "Consulta Femminile".

This group of women has produced the Outline document for the Plenary, identifying four key areas. They have also been instrumental in other aspects of the plenary, notably setting up a Public Evening in Rome's "Teatro Argentina" and in the Call for a wider conversation on the #LifeofWomen.

Here is the text: #LIFEOFWOMEN

At the Pontifical Council for Culture, in the Vatican, they have taken inspiration from Pope Francis’ openness and are reflecting on women’s cultures and the place for women in societies today, between equality and difference.

At what point are we today, as women?

I am sure you have asked yourself many times, who you are, what you do, what you think about your being a woman, your strengths, your difficulties, your body, and your spiritual life. If you want to, you can share your vision.

Why not tell it with a one-minute film, or in a photo. Put your work online with the hashtag #LifeofWomen, and send a link to lifeofwomen2015@gmail.com

It could be chosen to be part of the opening event of a great meeting of cardinals and bishops in Rome in February 2015 and as part of a crowd-sourced film on YouTube.

You have until 4 January to send in your materials.

You are important!

Please note carefully, you are asked to send a link to your material posted online. Once it has been viewed by one of a circle of women supporters helping the Dicastery, if your material is chosen, you will receive the email address of our technicians to whom you should send the material in the highest definition possible.
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth. For the first heaven and the first earth was gone, and the sea is now no more.

And I John saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice from the throne, saying: Behold the tabernacle of God with men, and he will dwell with them. And they shall be his people; and God himself with them shall be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and death shall be no more, nor mourning, nor crying, nor sorrow shall be any more, for the former things are passed away." The Apocalypse 21:1-4

http://allourneedsarespecial.blogspot.ca/

Cyriacus

Re: Vatican puts out #LifeofWomen
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 06:58:am »
A very relevant and contemporary piece. I am quite impressed with the Vatican's use of social media technology to engage a new generation of women, and I look forward to watching the crowd-sourced film to find out how today's women negotiate the values of difference and equality in their lives. In this video, the casting, background music, and video effects are all professionally done, exhibiting the quality we expect from Pontifical Council for Culture.

Renatus Frater

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 09:20:am »
The Pontifical Council for Culture. Such a pompous name for such a lame video and futile enterprise.
How the mighty have fallen, eh.

As for the pictures, I'd suggest the ladies to send pictures of them with some icon of women saints. That will show them!

PrairieMom

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 08:26:pm »
A very relevant and contemporary piece. I am quite impressed with the Vatican's use of social media technology to engage a new generation of women, and I look forward to watching the crowd-sourced film to find out how today's women negotiate the values of difference and equality in their lives. In this video, the casting, background music, and video effects are all professionally done, exhibiting the quality we expect from Pontifical Council for Culture.

Isn't there a saying, though, about dressing up a horse or a donkey or something? A professional veneer os meaningless when the content is .. ahem...
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth. For the first heaven and the first earth was gone, and the sea is now no more.

And I John saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice from the throne, saying: Behold the tabernacle of God with men, and he will dwell with them. And they shall be his people; and God himself with them shall be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and death shall be no more, nor mourning, nor crying, nor sorrow shall be any more, for the former things are passed away." The Apocalypse 21:1-4

http://allourneedsarespecial.blogspot.ca/

Jeanannemarie

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 10:20:pm »
I just kept missing the point on it and it seemed really weird to me. ???

Subscription Options:

One-time Donations: