Choose style:
Subscription Options:

One-time Donations:

Author Topic: Roman Breviary questions  (Read 22612 times)

aquinas138

Re: Roman Breviary questions
« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2017, 08:34:am »
This may have been asked, but so far I'm not seeing it: is there such a thing as a stand-alone "table of lections" for Matins of the Roman Breviary? This would be a list of all the lessons read throughout the year at Matins. I have been looking for something like that for about a week now, but have only been able to find things for the Byzantine Office.

Ask and you shall receive! (Scriptural lessons only)
Today the faithful celebrate the feast with joy illumined by your coming, O Mother of God. Beholding your pure image we fervently cry to you: "Encompass us beneath the precious veil of your protection; deliver us from every form of evil by entreating Christ, your Son and our God that He may save our souls."

delsydebothom

« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2017, 09:58:pm »
This may have been asked, but so far I'm not seeing it: is there such a thing as a stand-alone "table of lections" for Matins of the Roman Breviary? This would be a list of all the lessons read throughout the year at Matins. I have been looking for something like that for about a week now, but have only been able to find things for the Byzantine Office.

Ask and you shall receive! (Scriptural lessons only)

Many thanks! I hope I can find the non-scriptural lessons, too, at some point. But this is great to start with. Again, thank you very much!

NotSoRadTrad

« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2017, 02:25:am »
Regarding the Baronius edition of the Roman Breviary - does anyone know where to find the Collect for  a feria day throughout the year? I can't find the one that Divinumofficium.com says is prop for today!

aquinas138

« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2017, 11:26:am »
Regarding the Baronius edition of the Roman Breviary - does anyone know where to find the Collect for  a feria day throughout the year? I can't find the one that Divinumofficium.com says is prop for today!

Ferias use the collect of the preceding Sunday.
Today the faithful celebrate the feast with joy illumined by your coming, O Mother of God. Beholding your pure image we fervently cry to you: "Encompass us beneath the precious veil of your protection; deliver us from every form of evil by entreating Christ, your Son and our God that He may save our souls."

Subscription Options:

One-time Donations: