Choose style:
Subscription Options:

One-time Donations:

Author Topic: Top 10 Ridiculous Responses Regarding My Third Pregnancy  (Read 4206 times)

Fontevrault

I suppose I'm feeling hormonal . . .  You are,,of course, correct.  But one of these days she will go too far and someone will need to take her to task.  We can't rely on my mother doing it all the time - not if we want the parents to get along.   :)
My ipad keyboard hates me.  Please forgive the typos; they are unintentional.

Pilgrim

Your response is not entirely hormonal, I am sure.  Let us remember the good things as well, though, like how she helped us yesterday.
"Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. " -- I Peter5:8

"Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate. " -- St. Thomas Aquinas (1225-1274)

"But Christianity preaches an obviously unattractive idea, such as original sin; but when we wait for its results, they are pathos and brotherhood, and a thunder of laughter and pity; for only with original sin we can at once pity the beggar and distrust the king." -- G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." -- Baudelaire and Verbal Kint from The Usual Suspects

"I'm a practicing Catholic; I'm practicing until I get it right." -- Martin Sheen

Jeeter

Another one I've used on occasion:

Q: 5 kids! Dude, how old are you!?
Me: I'm Catholic.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

Roger Buck

• Gold Fish
  • New book! - The Gentle Traditionalist
    • Cor Jesu Sacratissimum.org
This thread inspires.
About my new book COR JESU SACRATISSIMUM: From Secularism and the New Age to Christendom Renewed:

'This elegant feast of a book”—CHARLES COULOMBE

‘Buck goes to the heart of the problem paralyzing our broken-hearted world’—JOSEPH PEARCE

‘A great service to the Church’— JOSEPH SHAW

Click here to see at Amazon worldwide:

For Hardback edition, click here: myBook.to/CorJesuHardback

Jeeter

This thread inspires.

You should see the Fish Eaters Gross Kids thread. :LOL:

SusanneT

I always suspected when trads would claim the mess we live today started with contraception, but the more I think about it the more I'm convinced this was the first divorce from reality and a condition for all subsequent divorces.
[/quote]

I think you are so right !

Jeeter

A new one I used at work the other day, guaranteed to make liberal heads spin:

Q: You have how many?  Are you trying for a basketball team?!
A: Nope.  It's a fire team.  The kids are all learning marksmanship and breaching tactics.

Melkite

3. “But you already have one of each.”

"Yeah, well, someone's gotta make up for the ones you aborted."
I am currently a lukewarm, fence-sitting Catholic/Deist, with neither the fortitude to fully accept Catholicism nor to fully abandon it.  Please pray for me.

Jeeter

3. “But you already have one of each.”

"Yeah, well, someone's gotta make up for the ones you aborted."

Nice. I may have to use that line.

Panum

Firstly, Congratulations and God bless you and your new life. I really do see every child as a gift from God, and in my walk of faith saw that I was just too plain dumb to tell God how many children I should "allow" in my life.  I always told Him, "you created them, I will do my best, but they are your problem".  My wife and I had 15 pregnancies with 12 births. Those 3 lost are still in the grief of my heart. The 12 here are awesome. My parents who had 7 and adopted an 8th were once "counseled" by some neighbors over the horrors of overpopulation.  ??? So I have some experience with answering those stupid comments.

Some of my replies to such bad mannered questions;  Re # 1 "jeez, you must be the only human in our oversexed society that doesn't know the cause, are you stupid or did you grow up in a closet?

"I'm doing my best to pay your social security"    "Just trying to keep us even with the Muslim's so we can remain a so called Christian society"  "how many do you have, 1.7?"
One of my friends replies "we use natural family planning,  it  doesn't work, we planned for 12 and only had 11"

I did argue with UAW and GM people that voting democrat is just plain stupidly bad, economically.  When you vote for abortion advocacy you are voting to kill future customers. Think of the number of cars we haven't sold because the customers are dead.  I also had an interesting conversation with some teachers protesting for abortion rights. I first asked why they were teachers? I then acted confused, and asked "So why do you want to kill your jobs?"  I mean, after all you can only teach dogs so much.  Never heard of higher education for dogs. I also did a little math with them pointing out that the number of school closings was directly proportional to the number of abortions performed locally.   

Subscription Options:

One-time Donations: