Choose style:
Subscription Options:

One-time Donations:

Author Topic: What is beauty?  (Read 2288 times)

PrairieMom

Re: What is beauty?
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2016, 10:44:am »
Baby feet.

In all fairness, there's not too many baby parts that aren't beautiful...

Beauty is a child squealing in delight because it's the first snow of the year.

Beauty is Benediction.
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth. For the first heaven and the first earth was gone, and the sea is now no more.

And I John saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice from the throne, saying: Behold the tabernacle of God with men, and he will dwell with them. And they shall be his people; and God himself with them shall be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and death shall be no more, nor mourning, nor crying, nor sorrow shall be any more, for the former things are passed away." The Apocalypse 21:1-4

http://allourneedsarespecial.blogspot.ca/

Jeeter

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2016, 02:48:pm »
Beauty is a child squealing in delight because it's the first snow of the year.

True, but isn't that only like 3 weeks after the last snow of the year there? :LOL:

Beauty is getting a hug from your kids after a bad day at work.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

Peccavi.

If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his mother, he will not have Christ for his brother. -Saint Maximilian Kolbe

Just remember, everyone, Socrates was a stonemason and Christ was a carpenter... - Pilgrim

Marija pomagaj z Brezij prosi za nas.

PrairieMom

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2016, 09:13:pm »
True, but isn't that only like 3 weeks after the last snow of the year there? :LOL:

LOL, some years, yes. But we actually have been snow-free since March here, which is pretty early. We haven't had any sticking snow here yet, but my kids are anxious to get tobogganing (or as my 5-year-old says, toboggoling). I showed them pictures of up north last week where they got 60 cm (about 2 feet), and their reaction was, "lucky ducks!"

Beauty is the smell of laundry dried in the sun.
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth. For the first heaven and the first earth was gone, and the sea is now no more.

And I John saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice from the throne, saying: Behold the tabernacle of God with men, and he will dwell with them. And they shall be his people; and God himself with them shall be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and death shall be no more, nor mourning, nor crying, nor sorrow shall be any more, for the former things are passed away." The Apocalypse 21:1-4

In His Love

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2016, 10:20:pm »
Beauty is well performed opera.

Beauty is an autumn sunset turning the sky a glowing orange.
"As the Father hath loved me, I also have loved you. Abide in my love." - Jesus, John 15:9

"The key is to know that the Lord is with you through it all. He is right here with you, by your side, in your heart, and never more than a prayer away." - Fr. William Loveless

Jeeter

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2016, 10:34:pm »
Beauty is well performed opera.

Right?  I've been listening to Wagner's "Die Walkure" during shower/shave time.

Beauty is a well done ballet (Swan Lake is a staple around my house, especially while cooking).

Beauty is Eucharistic Adoration.

Beauty is another day above ground.

Beauty is the quiet of the woods in the early AM, right before the pre-dawn temperature drop.

Beauty is an infant finding her voice to "talk" to you.

Peccavi.

If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his mother, he will not have Christ for his brother. -Saint Maximilian Kolbe

Just remember, everyone, Socrates was a stonemason and Christ was a carpenter... - Pilgrim

PrairieMom

« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2016, 10:50:am »
Beauty is still being snuggled in your cozy bed at 9:30 a.m. with your husband and sleeping toddler.

Jeeter

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2016, 01:19:am »
Beauty is finding a secluded spot deep in the woods, next to a natural spring, where you can pray the rosary in solitude and get clean water from God's earth.

Yeah, I just did that earlier.  :)

Beauty is still being snuggled in your cozy bed at 9:30 a.m. with your husband and sleeping toddler.

I'm jealous.  My boys wake up around 6:30 and burst into my room asking for kaiserschmarrn.

Beauty is also waking up next to my wife and sleeping infant after a bad memory, and remembering that I'm above ground and life is good.

Peccavi.

Dominicus

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2017, 10:00:pm »
Adoring the Eucharist simultaneously with over 12,000 young people, priests, and religious. That is true beauty.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!

In His Love

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2017, 10:03:pm »
Seeing a picture of your boyfriend's daughter holding the teddy bear you had shipped to her. :)
"As the Father hath loved me, I also have loved you. Abide in my love." - Jesus, John 15:9

"The key is to know that the Lord is with you through it all. He is right here with you, by your side, in your heart, and never more than a prayer away." - Fr. William Loveless

PrairieMom

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2017, 11:16:am »
Beauty is the crisp blue of the prairie sky on a bitterly cold January morning.

Beauty is the stark, sculptured form of a snowdrift, scoured by the wind.

Beauty is being warm and snug in your house while the wind howls around you.

Subscription Options:

One-time Donations: