Choose style:
Subscription Options:

One-time Donations:

Author Topic: Unmarried and vacationing...common question, different answers.  (Read 3764 times)

little_flower10

If it were me I wouldn't go. It could be a good sacrifice to give up something we enjoy, like travel, to avoid an occasion of sin. The merit from that would be much more worth it :) alternatively, there's the option to go alone or with a female friend.
totus tuus

Zubr

If it were me I wouldn't go. It could be a good sacrifice to give up something we enjoy, like travel, to avoid an occasion of sin. The merit from that would be much more worth it :) alternatively, there's the option to go alone or with a female friend.
Yes, I agree with you in a normal situation, it would be a wise sacrifice to give up travel.  It is not a necessity and does increase the chances of sin occurring.  But this will be my last opportunity to travel in a very long time so I sided on going but with lots of precautions.  (Chaperon and he'll stay in a monastery).  We leave Wednesday. 

SusanneT

Yes, I agree with you in a normal situation, it would be a wise sacrifice to give up travel.  It is not a necessity and does increase the chances of sin occurring.  But this will be my last opportunity to travel in a very long time so I sided on going but with lots of precautions.  (Chaperon and he'll stay in a monastery).  We leave Wednesday.

We never found out how it went !

Zubr

HI SusanneT,

Everything went super.  :) My chaperone aunt loved him by the end of the trip. He met my family and they loved him. I met his father and that didn't go over too well, but oh well. We went to Divine Liturgy at the monastery (simple but beautiful!) and in my family's village. My dear husband found a saint with whom he could identify with and has a special devotion now. #1 reason why the trip was worth it! The only scandal was what people drudged up in their minds. We had an agreement and he respected me, just as I respected him. So, it's proof not all "bad boys" are looking for "one thing". A month later, we got engaged and now we're married.  :) Still waiting to get listed for my surgeries, worse off than I was in July so we are very relieved we took the trip. We would have been kicking ourselves with regret now if we didn't. Thank you for asking.

SusanneT

HI SusanneT,

Everything went super.  :) My chaperone aunt loved him by the end of the trip. He met my family and they loved him. I met his father and that didn't go over too well, but oh well. We went to Divine Liturgy at the monastery (simple but beautiful!) and in my family's village. My dear husband found a saint with whom he could identify with and has a special devotion now. #1 reason why the trip was worth it! The only scandal was what people drudged up in their minds. We had an agreement and he respected me, just as I respected him. So, it's proof not all "bad boys" are looking for "one thing". A month later, we got engaged and now we're married.  :) Still waiting to get listed for my surgeries, worse off than I was in July so we are very relieved we took the trip. We would have been kicking ourselves with regret now if we didn't. Thank you for asking.

Wonderful !  Going back to the original point of this thread I was glad to see that you made a point of having a chaperone.  S

Subscription Options:

One-time Donations: