Choose style:
Subscription Options:

One-time Donations:

Author Topic: Hanging out with someone of the opposite sex who is currently going out  (Read 646 times)

ArturoOrtiz

I have a particular thing that has been bugging my conscience. I would say that a lot of it might be due to scrupulosity  but I was wondering if this is an issue that I should be worries at all about. It mostly has to do with hanging out with someone of the opposite sex who is currently going out,  married, etc... I obviously have a few friends of the opposite sex whom I have become good friends with. However I have noticed that whenever one of them say starts going out with someone and hence has a boyfriend I get scruples about hanging out with my friend. Obviously I would never do something like flirt or even mess around with someone of the opposite sex who is going out with someone or currently married etc. But would it be sinful or even necessarily innapropriate to hang out with them even on an individual basis such as getting something to eat, talking with them, watching a movie, etc....?  The main  reason I am asking is because one of my very good friends of the opposite sex just started going out with another very good friend of mine. Obviously most of the time that I hang out with her it would maturally be with both of them but I am getting what I would say are scruples about the possibility of hypothetically hanging out with someone of the opposite sex on an individual vasis. 
The sin of the century is the loss of the sense of sin- His Holiness Pope Pius XII

Walking In The Desert

In His Love

It's all about the will. :) Are you hanging out with them because you enjoy their company? No worries! Jesus used to spend a lot of time with the opposite sex: Mary, Martha, Mary Magdalene, etc. As long as your intent and will is not to cross a line, "Let not your heart be troubled."

Here is a quote by St. Alphonsus that I hope will give you peace: "When there exists in a scrupulous person the habitual will not to offend God, it is certain that he or she acts in doubt and there is no sin...."
Holy Face of Jesus, I love you.

ArturoOrtiz

It's all about the will. :) Are you hanging out with them because you enjoy their company? No worries! Jesus used to spend a lot of time with the opposite sex: Mary, Martha, Mary Magdalene, etc. As long as your intent and will is not to cross a line, "Let not your heart be troubled."

Here is a quote by St. Alphonsus that I hope will give you peace: "When there exists in a scrupulous person the habitual will not to offend God, it is certain that he or she acts in doubt and there is no sin...."

Thank you!  :) I really do appreciate your help especially with my scrupulosity.
The sin of the century is the loss of the sense of sin- His Holiness Pope Pius XII

Walking In The Desert

In His Love

Thank you!  :) I really do appreciate your help especially with my scrupulosity.
You're very welcome. :)
Holy Face of Jesus, I love you.

Subscription Options:

One-time Donations: