Choose style:
Subscription Options:

One-time Donations:

Author Topic: For Zubr  (Read 493 times)

In His Love

For Zubr
« on: January 10, 2017, 01:28:am »
I know that Zubr has been struggling with health problems, and I noticed a moment ago that she hasn't posted in over a month.
Holy Face of Jesus, I love you.

Have a blessed Lent, Fishies!

dahveed

Re: For Zubr
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 05:41:am »
For Zubr.

:pray:
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.

PrairieMom

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 11:51:am »
That's funny, because I had the same thought. The Spirit must be prompting us.

For Zubr.

:pray2:
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth. For the first heaven and the first earth was gone, and the sea is now no more.

And I John saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice from the throne, saying: Behold the tabernacle of God with men, and he will dwell with them. And they shall be his people; and God himself with them shall be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and death shall be no more, nor mourning, nor crying, nor sorrow shall be any more, for the former things are passed away." The Apocalypse 21:1-4

http://allourneedsarespecial.blogspot.ca/

Jeeter

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 02:37:pm »
 :pray:
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his mother, he will not have Christ for his brother. -Saint Maximilian Kolbe

Just remember, everyone, Socrates was a stonemason and Christ was a carpenter... - Pilgrim

Zubr

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 12:48:pm »
I offered to find a great auntie a novena and FE forum came up in the results. Decided to look around and saw this. Thanks for your concern, really it is very kind, but you needn’t pray for me.

My health remains serious and I have not been listed for transplant yet. It is what it is. However, I have just been extremely busy.

I got married on 31/12/2016. The Orthodox ceremony was beautiful and I felt like crying the whole time although I worried about setting myself or my husband on fire holding that candle all that time. Besides the fact there was a blizzard, everything went off without a hitch. Everything except our first dance because our song was Screaming in the Night by Krokus. (FYI, it was sitting in my husband’s car eating frites one night that that song came on one of those “hair scare” radio shows, I broke out into song [who doesn’t at hair ballads?] that my husband realized he was in love.) Anyways, I started giggling uncontrollably and my husband said, “Just sing and focus!” I also made the mistake of choosing Louboutins for my reception "cause I didn't think I'd dance much" and was crippled for a couple days after!  :crazy:

We had two honeymoons. Plan A was the “if we can’t go away, at least we had something” and it was just for my space between treatments albeit rearranged.  My parents rented us one of those luxe log cabins. It snow squalled the whole time but since my parents bought me an opera cape from a fancy Toronto furrier, we played a lot of Red Riding Hood.

Plan B was “if you don’t get listed and can still travel” so we went to St. Barths. (Saint Barthélemy) My husband found out they recently opened a clinic that took on tourists for treatments. Since he likes it there, we went and it was absolutely wonderful. LOTS of planning between the care organizer here and the clinic there. We just got home early last week and now we’re just settling in to our home.

The month prior to my wedding was tumultuous and after a lot of soul searching, I’ve realized I don’t agree with significant parts of Catholic social teaching and that its influence has been the worst thing to happen to me. As well, there is no place for me within Traditionalism and I think the NO is goofy. And so, I guess I am no longer Catholic and I acknowledge ya’ll will say my soul is damned to hell. So be it! Thanks for the kind thoughts though.
If the world lives to see another century, please remember what Mothra did for you and the planet you live on. - - Kosumosu

You can take the boy out the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out the boy.

J Michael

• GFH
  • I live under a rock. Lord have mercy! Alleluia!!
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 01:09:pm »
I offered to find a great auntie a novena and FE forum came up in the results. Decided to look around and saw this. Thanks for your concern, really it is very kind, but you needn’t pray for me.

My health remains serious and I have not been listed for transplant yet. It is what it is. However, I have just been extremely busy.

I got married on 31/12/2016. The Orthodox ceremony was beautiful and I felt like crying the whole time although I worried about setting myself or my husband on fire holding that candle all that time. Besides the fact there was a blizzard, everything went off without a hitch. Everything except our first dance because our song was Screaming in the Night by Krokus. (FYI, it was sitting in my husband’s car eating frites one night that that song came on one of those “hair scare” radio shows, I broke out into song [who doesn’t at hair ballads?] that my husband realized he was in love.) Anyways, I started giggling uncontrollably and my husband said, “Just sing and focus!” I also made the mistake of choosing Louboutins for my reception "cause I didn't think I'd dance much" and was crippled for a couple days after!  :crazy:

We had two honeymoons. Plan A was the “if we can’t go away, at least we had something” and it was just for my space between treatments albeit rearranged.  My parents rented us one of those luxe log cabins. It snow squalled the whole time but since my parents bought me an opera cape from a fancy Toronto furrier, we played a lot of Red Riding Hood.

Plan B was “if you don’t get listed and can still travel” so we went to St. Barths. (Saint Barthélemy) My husband found out they recently opened a clinic that took on tourists for treatments. Since he likes it there, we went and it was absolutely wonderful. LOTS of planning between the care organizer here and the clinic there. We just got home early last week and now we’re just settling in to our home.

The month prior to my wedding was tumultuous and after a lot of soul searching, I’ve realized I don’t agree with significant parts of Catholic social teaching and that its influence has been the worst thing to happen to me. As well, there is no place for me within Traditionalism and I think the NO is goofy. And so, I guess I am no longer Catholic and I acknowledge ya’ll will say my soul is damned to hell. So be it! Thanks for the kind thoughts though.

Mazal Tov, Zubr, and Many Years!!!!!!!!  :) :)

I'm not so sure that disagreement with significant parts of Catholic social teaching disqualifies one for being Catholic or excommunicates you.  Others more knowledgeable than I can comment on that.   And thinking that the N.O. is "goofy" just confirms, for me at least, your sanity.  Many people find they do not have a place within "Traditionalism" and remain very good, pious, devout Catholics, despite what some trads might have to say about that.  So...maybe you ARE still Catholic.  Or, maybe you are just feeling the pull to join your beloved husband in Orthodoxy.  If that is the case, then I say go for it and again...Many Years!!!

Best of luck, and may God be with you, with your treatments!
"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

Jeeter

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 02:22:pm »

I'm not so sure that disagreement with significant parts of Catholic social teaching disqualifies one for being Catholic or excommunicates you.  Others more knowledgeable than I can comment on that.   And thinking that the N.O. is "goofy" just confirms, for me at least, your sanity.  Many people find they do not have a place within "Traditionalism" and remain very good, pious, devout Catholics, despite what some trads might have to say about that.  So...maybe you ARE still Catholic.  Or, maybe you are just feeling the pull to join your beloved husband in Orthodoxy.  If that is the case, then I say go for it and again...Many Years!!!

Yeah, what J. Michael said! :)

Seriously, for once, I was typing a very similar response, and when I went to post it, he beat me to the punch line.  Regardless, congratulations!
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his mother, he will not have Christ for his brother. -Saint Maximilian Kolbe

Just remember, everyone, Socrates was a stonemason and Christ was a carpenter... - Pilgrim

RedCaves

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 03:20:pm »

Yeah, what J. Michael said! :)

Seriously, for once, I was typing a very similar response, and when I went to post it, he beat me to the punch line.  Regardless, congratulations!

You know, this like the 4th or 5th wedding that I have either heard of or seen in which one or both spouses have defected, in some way, from the Faith. Pretty much everyone forgets, for one day, their reservations and goes along with it.

It's usually one spouse, the guy, that ends up surrendering what he stand for (beliefs, morality, etc.) just for some... *ahem*... intimacy. But I suppose there are other complex reasons, too.

Makes me quite cautious of marriage.  :P

In His Love

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 05:23:pm »
It's great to hear from you, Zubr! :) I hope you and your husband have a long and beautiful marriage.
Holy Face of Jesus, I love you.

Have a blessed Lent, Fishies!

PrairieMom

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 05:45:pm »
Congrats and here's to many years!
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth. For the first heaven and the first earth was gone, and the sea is now no more.

And I John saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice from the throne, saying: Behold the tabernacle of God with men, and he will dwell with them. And they shall be his people; and God himself with them shall be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and death shall be no more, nor mourning, nor crying, nor sorrow shall be any more, for the former things are passed away." The Apocalypse 21:1-4

http://allourneedsarespecial.blogspot.ca/

Subscription Options:

One-time Donations: