Choose style:
Subscription Options:

One-time Donations:

Author Topic: Bishop Fulton Sheen on What's My Line  (Read 336 times)

In His Love

Bishop Fulton Sheen on What's My Line
« on: January 11, 2017, 11:55:pm »
Dorothy Kilgallen was a devout Catholic and kisses his ring at the end.

Holy Face of Jesus, I love you.

Zedta

• Red Fish
  • Wha'd ya expect, from a cigar smokin' gorilla?
Re: Bishop Fulton Sheen on What's My Line
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 09:14:am »
One of my all-time favorites, Bishop Sheen! :clap:

My mother and I would watch his show every week. He was a phenomenon unto himself. He was the only Catholic Prelate to have a weekly TV program on in prime time and it was very well watched. I loved his take on things and his presentations were fabulous, so much so that even a youngster like me could understand his message. Much of what he said formed the foundation of my faith, that and the very Traditionalist climate of the Los Angeles Diocese, under Cardinal McIntyre at the time and the Traditional Irish priests who taught me in Catholic Schools where the sisters of Charity and Providence taught me the basics. :pray:

Thanks for finding and posting this!  :tiphat:
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out

In the world it is called Tolerance, but in hell it is called Despair, the sin that believes in nothing, cares for nothing, seeks to know nothing, interferes with nothing, enjoys nothing, hates nothing, finds purpose in nothing, lives for nothing, and remains alive because there is nothing for which it will die

A democracy which makes or even effectively prepares for modern, scientific war must necessarily cease to be democratic. No country can be really well prepared for modern war unless it is governed by a tyrant, at the head of a highly trained and perfectly obedient bureaucracy
Huxley

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything  
Einstein

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried

In His Love

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 12:08:am »
You're very welcome, Zedta! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)
Holy Face of Jesus, I love you.

PrairieMom

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 12:43:pm »
Ha ha ha... that was awesome!
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth. For the first heaven and the first earth was gone, and the sea is now no more.

And I John saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice from the throne, saying: Behold the tabernacle of God with men, and he will dwell with them. And they shall be his people; and God himself with them shall be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and death shall be no more, nor mourning, nor crying, nor sorrow shall be any more, for the former things are passed away." The Apocalypse 21:1-4

http://allourneedsarespecial.blogspot.ca/

Vox Clamantis

• Marta's Human
  • Forum Owner
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 08:27:pm »

:) Thanks for posting that! Nice. Following links, there's this one, too -- a religious Sister on the same show:

Matthew 22:36-39: "Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law? Jesus said to him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind. This is the greatest and the first commandment. And the second is like to this: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

Subscription Options:

One-time Donations: