Choose style:
Subscription Options:

One-time Donations:

Author Topic: Homemade ice cream recipe?  (Read 228 times)

RichardP

Homemade ice cream recipe?
« on: February 03, 2017, 07:36:pm »
I know it's still Winter in much of the country but I bought an ice cream maker for Christmas and it is sort of Spring here.

Any good recommendations or favorite ice cream recipes? 

I tried a recipe that used six eggs and two actual vanilla beans.  But I seemed to have "cooked off" most of the vanilla in the process of making the mix.

Now I am thinking that I will try stirring the vanilla in at the very end after straining.  And I'm considering trying something adventurous, like durian ice cream.

What are you guys favorite ice cream recipes?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

In His Love

Re: Homemade ice cream recipe?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 08:20:pm »
My mom used to make ice cream, but I don't know everything she used in it.

If you want a tasty and healthy ice cream, cut a banana up and put it inside a bag and in the freezer, then once frozen, blend it up in a food processor until smooth. It gains the consistency of ice cream. Then top it with whatever you want. I personally like just a bit of cinnamon on mine. :)
Holy Face of Jesus, I love you.

Have a blessed Lent, Fishies!

AugustineNYC

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 08:34:pm »
When I first got an ice cream maker I think the Ben & Jerry's book was a great jumping off place. It's still available I believe but it can also be had in the library.  I would definitely look up any sort of book as opposed to a single recipe.  Have fun!

PS: Not to be a wet blanket but it's a real help if you want to put on a ton of weight. My machine is resting in the back of my closet.

Sacred Heart lover

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 07:35:am »
"Even if I had all the crimes possible on my conscience, I am sure I should lose none of my confidence. Heartbroken with repentance, I would simply throw myself into my Saviour's arms... I know that in the twinkling of an eye all those thousands of sins would be consumed as a drop of water cast into a blazing fire."  St. Therese of Lisieux

“a Church which is poorer in doctrine is not more pastoral, but only more ignorant.” ---Cardinal Carlo Caffarra

"What the world needs is intolerance...
Tolerance applies only to persons, but never to truth. Intolerance applies only to truth, but never to persons. Tolerance applies to the erring; intolerance to the error."  --Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen

"The great god “Progress” is then enthroned on the altars of fashion, and as the hectic worshippers are asked, “Progress toward what?” the tolerant comes back with “More progress.”  Ven Fulton Sheen

Morality is not chronological

Subscription Options:

One-time Donations: