Choose style:
Subscription Options:

One-time Donations:

Author Topic: 9 Quotes on the Dignity and Value of Women in the Catholic Church  (Read 374 times)

In His Love

From St. Peter's List:

"Listers, the Catholic Church has often been accused by her opponents as a misogynistic institution; however, this false accusation can be easily refuted by a careful look at what the Church actually teaches on the dignity of women. I believe that the reason for this misguided accusation streams from a faulty view of service and vocation, and the perpetuated ideal that man and woman are in competition for God’s love."

More here:

https://www.stpeterslist.com/10089/9-quotes-on-the-dignity-and-value-of-women-in-the-catholic-church/
"O Jesus, Whose adorable Face ravished my heart, I implore Thee to fix deep within me Thy Divine Image and to set me on fire with Thy Love, that I may be found worthy to come to the contemplation of Thy glorious Face in Heaven. Amen." - St. Therese of Lisieux

Credidi Propter

"Listers, the Catholic Church has often been accused by her opponents as a misogynistic institution; however, this false accusation can be easily refuted by a careful look at what the Church actually teaches on the dignity of women. I believe that the reason for this misguided accusation streams from a faulty view of service and vocation, and the perpetuated ideal that man and woman are in competition for God’s love."

The Catholic Church is seen by some as "misogynistic" because they do not ordain women, and they teach that contraception is immoral.  To them, the priesthood is all about power, rather than sacrifice and service.  To them, motherhood may be nice, but not nearly as nice as a prestigious career.  Remember Hillary Clinton's concession speech after she lost ( :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ) the election?  She said "we have still not shattered that highest and hardest glass ceiling."  Ironic that it came about due to a woman's intercession.

Sacred Heart lover

8. The Level of Woman = The Level of Civilization

The level of any civilization is always its level of its womanhood. In as much as woman is loved, it follows that the nobler a woman is, the nobler man will have to be to be deserving of that love. That is why the level of any civilization is always its level of its womanhood. — The Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen “Women Who Don’t Fail.”

Yessss.   This can be seen in "Wild West".  It was mostly men with no wives, sisters, mothers, grandmothers, aunts...etc. around.  Oh those men got into a lot of trouble!  No accountability.  Their mining camps were named lewd and raunchy names.  :blush:

Women tend to set the standards and civilize men.  The only women they had around were prostitutes.

"Even if I had all the crimes possible on my conscience, I am sure I should lose none of my confidence. Heartbroken with repentance, I would simply throw myself into my Saviour's arms... I know that in the twinkling of an eye all those thousands of sins would be consumed as a drop of water cast into a blazing fire."  St. Therese of Lisieux

“a Church which is poorer in doctrine is not more pastoral, but only more ignorant.” ---Cardinal Carlo Caffarra

"What the world needs is intolerance...
Tolerance applies only to persons, but never to truth. Intolerance applies only to truth, but never to persons. Tolerance applies to the erring; intolerance to the error."  --Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen

"The great god “Progress” is then enthroned on the altars of fashion, and as the hectic worshippers are asked, “Progress toward what?” the tolerant comes back with “More progress.”  Ven Fulton Sheen

Morality is not chronological

Zubr

Yessss.   This can be seen in "Wild West".  It was mostly men with no wives, sisters, mothers, grandmothers, aunts...etc. around.  Oh those men got into a lot of trouble!  No accountability.  Their mining camps were named lewd and raunchy names.  :blush:

Women tend to set the standards and civilize men.  The only women they had around were prostitutes.
That quote really says a lot for the situation of modern secular womanhood. Slutwalks, referring to each other as "bitch" affectionately, all kinds of merchandise that says "I drink male tears." Need I go on? And meanwhile, instead of "civilizing" men, we have men bending over backward to accept and normalize these classless cultural norms of modern women. So yes, totally, the level of civilization is in direct correlation with the level of woman just not how we'd like to imagine it. (Not how the article illustrates the positive roles of women in the Church.)

But then again, we'd be back at Square One, where men who feel left out from the Church disagree with the pedestalizing of women and viewing them as angels incapable of misdeeds. As Ratt would say, round and round...  :eyeroll:

Sacred Heart lover

So yes, totally, the level of civilization is in direct correlation with the level of woman just not how we'd like to imagine it. (Not how the article illustrates the positive roles of women in the Church.)

Exactly.  Women have lowered themselves to the worst of "men's standards" and have lowered the value of their work in the home and the raising of children.  They have lowered the value of the privilege of having sex with them (their greatest bargaining tool).

Although, I really hated having to be my husband's conscience a lot of the time, as did my friends with their husbands.  The areas in which their parents and society didn't raise them were left for us to do the hard work.  It's no fun being a kill-joy or "prude", but if women don't set boundaries we are subjected to crude and degrading behavior.  Of course, men don't like to be corrected.  So it's a no win situation most of the time. :/

And Christian men don't call each other to accountability very well.  They tend to pat each other on the back and see themselves as better than most all of the other men out there.   While Christian women tend to be scrupulous and practice a holier than thou attitude. :P
"Even if I had all the crimes possible on my conscience, I am sure I should lose none of my confidence. Heartbroken with repentance, I would simply throw myself into my Saviour's arms... I know that in the twinkling of an eye all those thousands of sins would be consumed as a drop of water cast into a blazing fire."  St. Therese of Lisieux

“a Church which is poorer in doctrine is not more pastoral, but only more ignorant.” ---Cardinal Carlo Caffarra

"What the world needs is intolerance...
Tolerance applies only to persons, but never to truth. Intolerance applies only to truth, but never to persons. Tolerance applies to the erring; intolerance to the error."  --Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen

"The great god “Progress” is then enthroned on the altars of fashion, and as the hectic worshippers are asked, “Progress toward what?” the tolerant comes back with “More progress.”  Ven Fulton Sheen

Morality is not chronological

Subscription Options:

One-time Donations: