Choose style:
Subscription Options:

One-time Donations:

Author Topic: A healthy gaiety is missing in modern men.  (Read 449 times)

EliRotello

A healthy gaiety is missing in modern men.
« on: February 15, 2017, 01:00:pm »
thoughts...

The Tax Collector

Re: A healthy gaiety is missing in modern men.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 10:38:pm »
Heck yes!

I remember when I started at my current job about 8 yeas ago, it was my first really big company and a broad mix of ages.  I remember saying to an older fellow who I knew on a semi casual level, "wow, everyone here is so tightly wound and  cold".  He said to me, that's the nature of society now... if you tell a joke to 100 guys here.. a full third won't get the joke, a third will get the joke but won't find it funny, and the last third may find it funny but are too afraid of who may be watching.  There is one person in the 100 who will laugh with general indifference, but he will be the next to go...

So I beleive it's a combination of men being given a poor example of manhood, overt political correctness, and conformity due to  fear of backlash.  I strive to be the hundredth man, as I bet most of you men do here too
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14

In His Love

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 11:53:pm »
One of the most attractive traits of my boyfriend is his wonderful sense of humor and his joy in the simplest of things.
"O Jesus, Whose adorable Face ravished my heart, I implore Thee to fix deep within me Thy Divine Image and to set me on fire with Thy Love, that I may be found worthy to come to the contemplation of Thy glorious Face in Heaven. Amen." - St. Therese of Lisieux

Mark Williams

• Heresy cannot hide from me.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 03:34:pm »
I agree.

We Americans, at least, are far too predisposed to the Puritanical and overly sober mindset.

In the words of Hillarie Belloc, oft-quoted:
Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine,
There's always laughter and good red wine.
At least, I've always found it so,
Benedicamus Domino!
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists." - St. Pope Pius X

Subscription Options:

One-time Donations: