Choose style:
Subscription Options:

One-time Donations:

Poll

What is your stance on evolution/origin of species?

Universe always existed -> big bang ->life formed->...->apes->humans
0 (0%)
God created universe->big bang->life formed->...->apes->Adam and Eve(God makes them first with Soul)
9 (81.8%)
God creates heaven and earth in six 24 hour days 6000 years ago
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: March 18, 2017, 03:47:pm

Author Topic: Poll: Your View on Evolution  (Read 1182 times)

Dominicus

Re: Poll: Your View on Evolution
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 06:12:pm »
Oh, goody.....another debate about evolution, macro- and -micro!  Am I really descended from another species?  How long did that take??

:duel:
 :popcorn: :popcorn:

I say we should come to a compromise. All the evolutionists were made from apes, all the creationists were made from dirt. Everyone wins!
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!

Jeeter

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 09:17:pm »
Oh, goody.....another debate about evolution, macro- and -micro!  Am I really descended from another species?  How long did that take??

:duel:
 :popcorn: :popcorn:

I say we should come to a compromise. All the evolutionists were made from apes, all the creationists were made from dirt. Everyone wins!

...or compromise further and say apes covered in dust.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

cassini

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2017, 06:44:am »
Who in God's name is doubting micro evolution Melkite? I am writing about MACROEVOLUTION, you know, inorganic matter to a living cell and then up the invented evolutionary tree, sponges to fish, fish that came out of water and evolved legs, then some evolved into cats, rats, hedgehogs, bats elephants, you know, all that tripe.

Cassini, YOU are doubting micro-evolution, because you reject macro evolution.  Macro-evolution is NOTHING more than a long chain of micro-evolutions.  The transitional fossils you are looking for have already been found.  I understand some of the instances on the Wikipedia page I gave are questionable, but many of them are not.  There are whole fossils of transitional stages.  The archaeopteryx is probably the most well known example.  Not quite a bird, not quite a lizard, but somewhere in between, with explicit qualities of both.  And not a feather found here, and a lizard's jaw found 60 miles away, but an entire organism fossilized in one spot.

I mean, unless of course, by micro-evolution, you mean the entirety of evolution from the first single-celled organism up to humans.  But that would actually be macro-evolution.  Are you confusing micro-evolution with theistic macro-evolution?

Here Melkite is my position. God created flora and fauna according to their kinds. Now within kinds He included in their DNA systems the ability to adopt to conditions prevailing throughout the world. Darwin found finches with different kinds of beaks, each adopted to best suit the food available to them. But the forever remained finches.
Similarly moths. It is on record that when the industrial age began and coal was used and the environment got dirty, the original white moth nearly died out. The whiter the moth the more easily it was spotted by preditors who eat them. But there were a few slightly darker ones. Any that were slightly darker survived. Over a period white moths evolved into dark moths. That is micro evolution at work.

Your theory of micro-evolution leading to macro-evolution logically demands millions of transient fossils. They are just not there. This problem was recognised by the famous evolutionist Stephen Jay Gould who made up his own theory of 'giant-leaps.' No micro-evolution there.

A friend of mine told me that evolution is so absurd on so many counts that he refuses to even discuss it. I wish I had his resolve.

Jeeter

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2017, 07:15:am »
...or perhaps God, in His infinite wisdom, created the universe in a way the human mind can never comprehend.  JMHO.

J Michael

• GFH
  • I live under a rock. Lord have mercy! Alleluia!!
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2017, 12:36:pm »
...or perhaps God, in His infinite wisdom, created the universe in a way the human mind can never comprehend.  JMHO.

Yes...sometimes I think that perhaps it's enough to know *that* He created the universe and everything in it and not concern ourselves with *how* He did so, as interesting as such speculation may be.
"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

Zedta

• Red Fish
  • Wha'd ya expect, from a cigar smokin' gorilla?
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2017, 01:20:pm »

Yes...sometimes I think that perhaps it's enough to know *that* He created the universe and everything in it and not concern ourselves with *how* He did so, as interesting as such speculation may be.

Yup yup. It matters not for our Salvation how this technically took place. Only that He did it!
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out

In the world it is called Tolerance, but in hell it is called Despair, the sin that believes in nothing, cares for nothing, seeks to know nothing, interferes with nothing, enjoys nothing, hates nothing, finds purpose in nothing, lives for nothing, and remains alive because there is nothing for which it will die

A democracy which makes or even effectively prepares for modern, scientific war must necessarily cease to be democratic. No country can be really well prepared for modern war unless it is governed by a tyrant, at the head of a highly trained and perfectly obedient bureaucracy
Huxley

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything  
Einstein

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried

cassini

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2017, 05:21:pm »

Yup yup. It matters not for our Salvation how this technically took place. Only that He did it!

Guess who said "or perhaps God, in His infinite wisdom, created the universe in a way the human mind can never comprehend?"

It was Pope Urban VIII in 1624 when he defended the geocentrism of Scripture against Galileo's heliocentrism.

Now if Pope Paul V and Pope Urban VIII thought the literal truth of nature WAS important for the Catholic faith, what has changed?

I'll tell you that too. the Protestant Georg Joachim Rheticus (1514-1574) coined the idea "that the Bible is given to teach us, not how the heavens go, but how men go to heaven.' Sound similar to what is said above about creation by evolution or not?

Pope Urban VIII went on to say that if the Scriptural revelation of geocentrism is abandoned and a heliocentric belief is accepted, that "will put the Catholic faith in danger.' In other words if the literal teaching of Scripture on the creation of nature is not adhered to, Christianity will suffer.

History rwecords the heretical Heliocentrism was taken aboard Catholicism, the first evolutionary theory invented (Nebular theory). From there came Darwin and soon a NATURAL THEORY FOR EXISTENCE was ensconsed. This in turn gave rise to agnosticism and atheism, where millions of souls abandoned the need for God to believe in. There was nobody to defend creation ex nihilo thereafter and we all know where this Moderrnism led,  the 'synthesis of all heresies.' as pope Pius X said.

An opinion poll in America showed evolution was the main reason why many ceased to believe in the God of Creation. The Church's first dogma ‘God, our Creator and lord, can be known with certainty, by the natural light of reason from created things.’ (De fide.) was abandoned. With evolution God cannot be found as any atheist will tell you.

And here we find Catholics defending the RIGHT TO EVOLUTIONARY BELIEF.

So, to say it doesn't matter if God used evolution or direct creation is an serious error already proven wrong.

Jeeter

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2017, 07:44:pm »

Guess who said "or perhaps God, in His infinite wisdom, created the universe in a way the human mind can never comprehend?"

It was Pope Urban VIII in 1624 when he defended the geocentrism of Scripture against Galileo's heliocentrism.

So...

...if he said it, and now I'm saying it, does that make me Pope Urban VIII reincarnated?

GangGreen

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2017, 08:58:pm »
I'm on board with this. The HOW doesn't really matter much. Although I guess where people get caught up is the whole original sin thing.
Miserere mei Deus: secundum magnam misericordiam tuam.
Et secundum multitudinem miserationum tuarum: dele iniquitatem meam.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612

"Good ale is wasted on false gods." - St. Columbanus

Mark Williams

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2017, 11:17:pm »
I was disheartened to see how many people embrace evolution. It contradicts the Book of Genesis.

In a conflict between science and scripture, scripture always wins.

It is for this reason that I increasingly find myself gravitating (heehee) towards geocentrism.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists." - St. Pope Pius X

Subscription Options:

One-time Donations: