Choose style:
Subscription Options:

One-time Donations:

Author Topic: Tim: 3 Years Ago Today  (Read 271 times)

Vox Clamantis

• Marta's Human
  • Forum Owner
Tim: 3 Years Ago Today
« on: March 20, 2017, 06:26:pm »
If you would, say a prayer for Tim, who died 3 years ago this very day.

If you're new to FE and don't remember Tim, he was -- well, he was just a great man. A fine man. Full of charity, gifted with prudence, blessed with good humor, he was a man with a great heart and great soul, and I miss him very much.

Plus, he was a fellow Italian, from Chicago. A "good ole boy" with a heart of gold, whose folks hailed from "the old country." I felt really close to him, and his death was a blow for this forum, a real loss.

God bless Tim.

Matthew 22:36-39: "Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law? Jesus said to him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind. This is the greatest and the first commandment. And the second is like to this: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

dahveed

Re: Tim: 3 Years Ago Today
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 06:48:pm »
 :pray:
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.

In His Love

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 07:32:pm »
:pray2:
"Truly blessed is the man whose mind and heart are as closely attached to the Jesus Prayer and to the ceaseless invocation of His name as air to the body or flame to the wax." - St. Hesychios the Priest (☦434)

jovan66102

• La foi Catholique d'abord! La mort à l'Islam!
  • Gold Fish
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 08:43:pm »
 :pray: :pray: :pray: We had planned to meet for a few brews. I regret it never happened. I still miss him!
Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!

Deum timete, regem honorificate.

Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!

Jeeter

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 07:48:pm »
 :pray:
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

aquinas138

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 10:12:pm »
I had posted a reminder in the original thread, too. Tim was a great part of this forum, blessed with a warm sense of humor and a healthy dose of common-sense, real-life Catholicism.

In blessed repose, grant, O Lord, eternal rest to your departed servant Timothy, and remember him forever! Eternal memory, eternal memory, blessed repose, eternal memory!
Today the faithful celebrate the feast with joy illumined by your coming, O Mother of God. Beholding your pure image we fervently cry to you: "Encompass us beneath the precious veil of your protection; deliver us from every form of evil by entreating Christ, your Son and our God that He may save our souls."

Subscription Options:

One-time Donations: