Choose style:
Subscription Options:

One-time Donations:

Author Topic: Q&A: I'm a milliennial who attended parochial school for 12 yrs.  (Read 189 times)

GRA

I'll do this in the form of an AMA reddit. If you have any questions about my experience or would like to ask "Is it true . . . . " types of questions feel free. I'd like to clear some misconceptions, at least coming from experience, since recently I read some bizarre accusations about Catholic schools, both at the primary and secondary level.
Practicing Catholic and patriot living in one of America's prominent cities. What could go wrong?

Trying to put back "conserve" in conservatism since modern day conservatism has failed to conserve anything.

Mark Williams

• Heresy cannot hide from me.
Are you an Americanist?
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists." - St. Pope Pius X

salus

LOL Parochial Schools, sounds like the 1950s, they don't use that word anymore. And Catholic education isn't anything like it was in the 1950s ever since we lost the habited sisters. That's why the School and hospital system run by the Church is in bad shape.

GRA

Practicing Catholic and patriot living in one of America's prominent cities. What could go wrong?

Trying to put back "conserve" in conservatism since modern day conservatism has failed to conserve anything.

GRA

LOL Parochial Schools, sounds like the 1950s, they don't use that word anymore. And Catholic education isn't anything like it was in the 1950s ever since we lost the habited sisters. That's why the School and hospital system run by the Church is in bad shape.

Yea, people still the word parochial. Do you have a question? The last time I checked this wasn't about venting one's issues over the current reality versus the 1950s. Thanks for the contribution, though.

PrairieMom

What accusations are you referring to? I'm unfamiliar with what you're talking about.
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth. For the first heaven and the first earth was gone, and the sea is now no more.

And I John saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice from the throne, saying: Behold the tabernacle of God with men, and he will dwell with them. And they shall be his people; and God himself with them shall be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and death shall be no more, nor mourning, nor crying, nor sorrow shall be any more, for the former things are passed away." The Apocalypse 21:1-4

http://allourneedsarespecial.blogspot.ca/

Subscription Options:

One-time Donations: