Choose style:
Subscription Options:

One-time Donations:

Author Topic: For My Mom and A Jehovah's Witness  (Read 154 times)

TradCathYouth

• The Sword That Smites Evil
For My Mom and A Jehovah's Witness
« on: April 21, 2017, 12:43:am »
Please pray for my mom, that she doesn't get influenced in any way by a Jehovah's Witness who is trying to convert her. This JW lady has gained my mother's "friendship" by not only appealing to her as being a fellow Filipino, but has even brought her to the nearby commissary (where my mom, being a civilian, has no access to), that she may buy all sorts of things there for lower prices than in other stores. This lady has been coming during the day, either as I leave for work or when I have already left. As far as I know, mom is still in her state of religious indifference, hence why even before the JW started coming, I've been praying for her conversion. The JW is now even trying to talk my mom into letting my niece homeschool- with them (her daughter is homeschooled). If it was strictly academics, I might be fine, as the only other alternative is the public high school I graduated from, but I have a feeling it will involve indoctrination into their sect.

Pray for me, that when I eventually have to talk with this lady, I will say the right things, in a charitable manner, and that I will have the knowledge and wisdom necessary. I am no good any anything that even resembles a debate, or an argument, but I will try my best to read some apologetics material. Plus, I just don't know how to explain the Faith in Tagalog (I can carry out a conversation almost fluently, but lacking in a lot of vocab beyond "everyday" things)

Pray that God will send someone like a St. Louis de Montfort, or St. Vincent Ferrer, or some other person who can inspire all of our indifferent household into being practicing Catholics. Someone who can awaken a desire to know the Faith, to know the Truth.

Last, but not least, pray for the JW herself, that she may convert to the True Faith, along with her family. That her zeal, instead of misleading souls, will be used to bring souls into the flock of Christ.

Pacman

Re: For My Mom and A Jehovah's Witness
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 02:20:am »
I know exactly what sort of spiritual danger your mother is in, mine unfortunately became a JW long before I converted to Christianity and so at the time I could not offer her any theological knowledge to counter the claims of the JWs, who are an evil and mendacious cult that splits apart families, causes unnecessary deaths and separates souls from the love and truth of Christ. I can show my mum why her beliefs are wrong but this just causes her to feel uncomfortable and to want to change the subject. People like her are not swayed by intellectual arguments. It is an emotional and intuitive thing, her religion. Even though I can supply her with literature to counter the lies she has been taught, it doesn't matter because the JW organisation plays such an important role in her life now, giving her a sense of purpose and a network of friends. She's not the kind of person who would just walk away from that for her intellectual integrity. And that's the way most people are.

If you want a standard Catholic repudiation of the claims there are many sources you can consult. The most damning indictment of the JWs are the basic errors in their translation of the gospels from New Testament Greek, but also the numerous failed prophecies the organisation has made and various reversals in their doctrines throughout the 20th century. But the JWs are still a growing organisation because they target broken, lonely people who don't have the knowledge to challenge their claims. It's just a sad situation for everyone.

I would like to add, God bless Russia for cracking down on this sinister organization and acting once again like a true Christian nation would defending Christ's flock.

+ prayer for your mum  :pray:

Justin Alphonsus

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 11:10:am »
I will pray for you, your mom and this poor woman.  Where I live we have several JW Kingdom Halls, and they used to come to our home a lot because my mother would be nice to her and accept their literature (we threw it away).  Well, one day when they came, I argued with them (I was a brat of a kid), and guess what, they never came back ever again. it has been about a year and a half now.  Ultimately their religion has no foundation in reason, and that can be clearly demonstrated (the bad bible translation and false prophecies really sink the ship here).  Just be charitable with your mom, tell her the truth, and with they JW too, I am assuming she was a Catholic who apostatized.

TradCathYouth

• The Sword That Smites Evil
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 01:46:am »
Thanks everyone, please keep praying, and any more advice would be great.

I must, however, clear up about the "homeschooling" thing. What they were actually trying to do is suggest that my niece would just do "online homeschooling" with Penn Foster, which seems to be a secular alternative online way of doing high school. The JWs are not directly involved, probably just sharing a personal thing to continue warming up with my mom. Nonetheless, keep praying.

In His Love

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 07:13:pm »
:pray2:
"O Jesus, Whose adorable Face ravished my heart, I implore Thee to fix deep within me Thy Divine Image and to set me on fire with Thy Love, that I may be found worthy to come to the contemplation of Thy glorious Face in Heaven. Amen." - St. Therese of Lisieux

Subscription Options:

One-time Donations: