Choose style:
Subscription Options:

One-time Donations:

Author Topic: Clear Your Fish Eaters History  (Read 475 times)

Jeeter

Re: Clear Your Fish Eaters History
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 02:47:pm »
Will do.  Thanks for the heads up, and for the work you do around here.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

divinesilence80

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 02:57:pm »
So, for the sake of our convenience, wouldn't it just be best to clear the history just before the upgrade?  And, if it's a whole "new site" (or is it an upgrade of this site??), what difference does it make if we do or do not clear the history? 

Sorry for all the questions, but...I ain't no calm-pewter person! :grin:  And a lot of this is over my tiny, empty head. :(

Let me make this simple. As you login now, your passwords are being hashed (rendered secure and unreadable to humans) using the new systems hashing algorithm. The new hashing however requires your browser to load the new hashing algorithm which was not present in the old code browser-cached code. I cannot "dehash" or "decrypt" your passwords stored in the current database so the only way to port them is if it is done as you login. If you do not clear the history, the new hashing algorithm will not load and thus your password will not make it to the upgraded site. No password = no access!
Local anti-feminist.....if you think women deserve special treatment without any accountability for their actions expect to hear from me!

jovan66102

• La foi Catholique d'abord! La mort à l'Islam!
  • Gold Fish
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 03:28:pm »
OK, I'm confused. Over the last weeks, I have accessed FE on a minimum of six different devices, at least one of which I will not have further access to until sometime in July. It's my Sister's laptop, and I can guarantee you she would have no idea how to clear the cache. Will I be able to simply register a new password if I get locked out?
Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!

Deum timete, regem honorificate.

Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!

J Michael

• GFH
  • I live under a rock. Lord have mercy! Alleluia!!
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 04:18:pm »
So, for the sake of our convenience, wouldn't it just be best to clear the history just before the upgrade?  And, if it's a whole "new site" (or is it an upgrade of this site??), what difference does it make if we do or do not clear the history? 

Sorry for all the questions, but...I ain't no calm-pewter person! :grin:  And a lot of this is over my tiny, empty head. :(

Let me make this simple. As you login now, your passwords are being hashed (rendered secure and unreadable to humans) using the new systems hashing algorithm. The new hashing however requires your browser to load the new hashing algorithm which was not present in the old code browser-cached code. I cannot "dehash" or "decrypt" your passwords stored in the current database so the only way to port them is if it is done as you login. If you do not clear the history, the new hashing algorithm will not load and thus your password will not make it to the upgraded site. No password = no access!

Okay.  I *think* I understand that.  But what about this question: "So, for the sake of our convenience, wouldn't it just be best to clear the history just before the upgrade?"
"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

In His Love

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 03:44:am »
Do we only have to do it once or multiple times, depending on how often we log in?

divinesilence80

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 08:51:pm »
OK, I'm confused. Over the last weeks, I have accessed FE on a minimum of six different devices, at least one of which I will not have further access to until sometime in July. It's my Sister's laptop, and I can guarantee you she would have no idea how to clear the cache. Will I be able to simply register a new password if I get locked out?

No, you are fine as long as you did it on one.

Okay.  I *think* I understand that.  But what about this question: "So, for the sake of our convenience, wouldn't it just be best to clear the history just before the upgrade?"

Clear it once, login, and you never have to clear it or do anything again. Waiting until the 11th hour could result in your password not getting ported.

Do we only have to do it once or multiple times, depending on how often we log in?

Once for a lifetime is enough  :)
Local anti-feminist.....if you think women deserve special treatment without any accountability for their actions expect to hear from me!

Subscription Options:

One-time Donations: