Choose style:
Subscription Options:

One-time Donations:

Author Topic: Praying on a thread with Protestants  (Read 203 times)

MaryLover

• Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Praying on a thread with Protestants
« on: June 15, 2017, 12:53:am »
I'm listening to an interview with Fr. Chad Ripperger on Youtube, and he talked about how it was mortally sinful to pray with Protestants. I'm a member of an Ecumenical Forum, on which I'm trying to evangelize Protestants, on that site, when someone (usually it's someone open to the faith) posts a prayer request, I'll post a prayer on there. Is posting prayers the same thread as Protestants the same as praying with Protestant, and thus a mortal sin? My intentions were never to pray, in union with the other Protestants there, they were done purely for the intentions of the individual in question, and for the Protestant's conversion to the One True Church. Am I still guilty of this mortal sin?

Also, when I'm confessing controversial sins regarding doctrine such as this, is it okay of I just say "I have held/supported/promoted an erroneous belief?"
Glory to God
and
Hail Mary!

Dominicus

Re: Praying on a thread with Protestants
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 01:57:am »
With all due respect to Fr. Ripperger, it is most certainly not mortally sinful to pray with protestants. It may be sinful depending on the circumstances to participate in protestant worship services and even then only you can tell if a sin is mortal or not. For a sin to be mortal you must have full knowledge of its sinfulness and complete consent of the will. If your asking if its sinful then it certainly wasn't mortally sinful because you don't have full knowledge.

We can pray with and for anyone as long as we do so with the intent of bringing them to conversion, we do not actively participate in or promote false religious sects, and the prayer does not contain any heretical beliefs.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!

MaryLover

• Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Re: Praying on a thread with Protestants
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 04:23:pm »
With all due respect to Fr. Ripperger, it is most certainly not mortally sinful to pray with protestants. It may be sinful depending on the circumstances to participate in protestant worship services and even then only you can tell if a sin is mortal or not. For a sin to be mortal you must have full knowledge of its sinfulness and complete consent of the will. If your asking if its sinful then it certainly wasn't mortally sinful because you don't have full knowledge.

We can pray with and for anyone as long as we do so with the intent of bringing them to conversion, we do not actively participate in or promote false religious sects, and the prayer does not contain any heretical beliefs.

Okay, thanks! I might have miss-heard him, I think was talking about prayer groups, where everyone is saying the same, and thus our will is united with the will of heretics in that setting.
Glory to God
and
Hail Mary!

Subscription Options:

One-time Donations: