Choose style:
Subscription Options:

One-time Donations:

Author Topic: Unexplained disappearances in and around National Parks  (Read 323 times)

MeanGene

I noticed we had a long thread about the flat earth controversy and because youtube is just chock full of strange and bizarre videos I thought I'd post something on another weird topic I had a strong interest in just a few years ago. A former police officer named David Paulides painstakingly compiled a very large list of disappearances in National Parks that are simply unexplained. Often the cases involve a person disappearing without a trace while being near friends. Still other cases involve small children disappearing for days and then being found many miles from where a small toddler could reasonably walk. A number of the cases seem to be abductions, but in all of them the National Parks seem largely uninterested in getting to the bottom of the problem or frankly even keeping adequate records. In fact Paulides' book was initially written because while researching another topic he was told by the National Parks that they simply don't keep any records of missing persons.

To be clear I have no idea what is going on here, and as you would expect on youtube this topic inevitably gets into ufo/bigfoot territory. That being said I'd be interested in any thoughts on the subject. I'll post a trailer for a documentary based on Paulides' book and I'll also post a video of Paulides describing one of the more famous cases he's investigated. If your still curious just search David Paulides on youtube and you'll find a ton of videos. Again I don't have a clue as to what is going on, but I thought it was odd and the flat earth thread made me remember the subject.

The contemplative is not one who discovers secrets no one knows, but one who is swept into ecstasy by what everyone knows.
-A Carthusian

The Tax Collector

I have no idea what is going on here either. I have followed David Paulides for years.  He has about 4 books that outline a continuous strain of what cannot be explained, with amazing parallels.  What I like is how he presents the information, without predjucing the cases with his own opinions. 

My grammas family, who were Irish, lived rural, and very superstitious,  never ventured in the woods after dark, and I grew up with the statement  "stay on the beaten path".
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14

Bonaventure

Very strange indeed.

There is something a bit similar, affecting mostly male college students along waterways, such as the Mississippi river.
See, e.g., : http://vanceholmes.com/court/trial_missing.html

Some have called this the "smiley face" killer... but nothing concrete has ever come to light.  http://thoughtcatalog.com/jim-goad/2015/03/the-grisly-smiley-face-killer-theory-that-connects-40-college-students-deaths/

Zedta

• Red Fish
  • Wha'd ya expect, from a cigar smokin' gorilla?
Lots of the strange out there and this way up there on the list.

Fascinating...
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out

In the world it is called Tolerance, but in hell it is called Despair, the sin that believes in nothing, cares for nothing, seeks to know nothing, interferes with nothing, enjoys nothing, hates nothing, finds purpose in nothing, lives for nothing, and remains alive because there is nothing for which it will die

A democracy which makes or even effectively prepares for modern, scientific war must necessarily cease to be democratic. No country can be really well prepared for modern war unless it is governed by a tyrant, at the head of a highly trained and perfectly obedient bureaucracy
Huxley

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything  
Einstein

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried

Jacafamala

Yeah, I think I started a thread on this a while back....Like a couple years ago. Very mysterious and I think it would make a great movie.

Pacman

The Paulides stuff is really spine tingling. I love listening to this kind of stuff before I go to bed.
If you will it, you can become all flame.

Subscription Options:

One-time Donations: