Choose style:

Author Topic: Fraternite of Notre Dame attacked  (Read 2075 times)

catholicmonarchistmom

Fraternite of Notre Dame attacked
« on: January 04, 2006, 12:42:pm »

The Chicago Tribune has an article about vandals attacking statues outside of The Fraternite of Notre Dame in Marengo Il. It stated that they put symbols of Satan (666) and KKK symbols all over the outdoor statues. They also wrote " get out of here", on things. The paper notes that they are "outside the Catholic Chruch" meaning tradional Catholics. My darker side tells me that it was none other than N.O. Catholics that did all of this damage.

I ran into nuns from this order at the summer farmer's market held downtown Geneva. There they stood, selling baked goods, in the hot, humid summer sun dressed in real nuns habits. They were beautiful, as well as fantastic bakers!), and had French accents.

RabidWolverine

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 02:03:pm »

I don't know what to think of these people.  The bishop claims to have been receiving messages from our Lady for years, but I read his book and came to the conclusion, beyond a reasonably doubt in my own mind, that he's a con artist.  I actually bought the medal that our Lady purportedly asked him to be struck.  However, he never bashed the pope in his book and does a lot of good work for the less fortunate. 

HMiS

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 08:17:am »

It seems impossible to me, that the Fraternité of Notre Dame has those symbols outside. I think it's protestant fundamentalists, as their photos reveal, that their church in Chicago has statutes of Our Lady at the outside. Of course that "Popish superstition" is enough to have fundamentalist protestants accusing them of satanism.

The Fraternité Notre Dame is lead by a bishop who has several lines of succession, was an Old Catholic at first, poses as a normal Catholic now. They follow the Traditional Mass, but use new vestments and some vernacular. They are outside of every regular Roman Catholic diocesan jurisdiction. They are close to Old Catholicism. Their situation is difficult. They are not real traditionalists in our sense, I think.

It seems like an Old Catholic or more or less Independent group, around a seer-bishop. I would avoid them totally.

Their charity does not go by unpassed: they are acknowledged by the United Nations for their charity works to Chicago homeless and some poor in French speaking parts of Africa.

The personal history of FND leaders and bishop is not from Roman-Catholicism, but rather into independent churches, that is: quite Old Catholic.

There is no mentioning at all that much of the pope. I guess they acknowledge the pope as the leader of the universal church, but don't feel obliged to focus upon it that much. Seems Old Catholic to me.

„Ja, Ja, wie Gott es will. Gott lohne es Euch. Gott schütze das liebe Vaterland. Für Ihn weiterarbeiten... oh, Du lieber Heiland!” ("Yes, Yes, as God wills it. May God repay it to you. May God protect the dear fatherland. Go on working for him... oh, you dear Savior!") - Clemens August Cardinal von Galen, his last words.

HMiS

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 08:36:am »

Mgr. Roger Jean-Marie Kozik, bishop of the Fraternité Notre Dame, was consecrated by:

a) priest by an independent bishop (Jean Laborie) in 1974.

b) bishop at Palmar de Troya, an apparitionist sect in Spain of Antipope Gregory XVII, now of Antipope Peter II. Later he was sub conditione consecrated a bishop by Archbishop Pierre Martin Ngo Dinh Thuc.

He is thus a valid bishop, but I cannot say we should accept him, as he claims to be having messages etc. He is a weir mixture of independent vagans clergy, apparitionism and conservatism.

The vestments of the FND don't seem traditional to me. I guess this is another independent bishop.

I think in their attitude they focus around their apparitionism totally. Their bishop is referred to as a "good pontiff", not as the pope, but it seems like a group focused upon Kozik, who himself is from the Palmar sect.

Therefore we should avoid them. There is no clear, sound, funded tradiitonalist Roman Catholic statement on the website. It's just their group.

They do very good work though in many American suburbs. They are a charity institute.

But avoid their spiritual apostolate, as it is extremely apparitionist and personality (Kozik) centered, not traditionalist in itself, though they use the Tridentine rite in some ways:

From their website, about their Seer Bishop Founder, R.G.M. Kozik:

The Lord, however, does not light a lamp to hide it under the bushel, and numerous persons were privileged witnesses (in those beginnings and also later on) to graces he is favored with. Among others, the gift of bilocation, the stigmata of Christ, the mystical ring, a gift of prophecy and reading into souls, the multiplication of hosts, the multiplication of food, miraculous cures, spectacular exorcisms, and again, a wealth of other graces…

Saint John of the Cross warns us in his Book "Up to Mount Carmel" that we should avoid ALL apparitions and spiritual experiences first hand, and not believe them until they are approved by the Church! Many of such spiritual experiences have led souls to doubt the Faith or to become totally disoriented.

„Ja, Ja, wie Gott es will. Gott lohne es Euch. Gott schütze das liebe Vaterland. Für Ihn weiterarbeiten... oh, Du lieber Heiland!” ("Yes, Yes, as God wills it. May God repay it to you. May God protect the dear fatherland. Go on working for him... oh, you dear Savior!") - Clemens August Cardinal von Galen, his last words.

catholicmonarchistmom

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 09:05:am »

It just so happened that I caught the tail-end of a show this Christmas on TLN, (a Protestant Channel), and it was the Fraternite of Notre Dame praying in front of a statue of Our Lady of Fatima. They had some information on Fatima available. I was impressed because they looked wonderful in there robes ect. I was surprised, because it was on this Protestant channel and so I knew something had to be amiss somewhere. After all this is the same channel with Ralph Martin, and his Charismatic Catholic show.