FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Irish Breakfast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A good friend sent me this for Christmas!

Irish Soda Bread, Rashers (Back Bacon), Bangers (Sausages), White Pudding, and Black Pudding.

Chased with a Guinness and cut up with a Strider SMF knife!
[Image: DSC00294.jpg]
Ok, I'm afraid to ask but: What is black pudding? Or white pudding for that matter?

Other than that, looks delish!

Black pudding is a sort of a blood sausage, served in patties rather than links. Your basic Irish breakfast, (and it is tasty indeed) is pretty much a heart attack on a plate.
MikeSearson Wrote:A good friend sent me this for Christmas!

Must have been a mess by the time you opened the package.
Traditional Irish utensils?
mojomama Wrote:Black pudding is a sort of a blood sausage, served in patties rather than links. Your basic Irish breakfast, (and it is tasty indeed) is pretty much a heart attack on a plate.

That is a big fallacy and a basic lie of the modern "medical" establishment. Pork, beef, lamb, and all other foods with saturated fats are actually good for you and everybody. I suggest you read Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Dr. Weston Andrew Price D.D.S., Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon with Mary G Enig, PhD, The Milk Book and Eat Your Cholesterol by Dr. William C. Douglass M.D. Also check out these websites:
www.westonaprice.org 
www.realmilk.com
www.realhealthnews.com

The thing to remember with all animal meat, milk, & eggs is that they should be pastured or (and better) grassfed and truly organic (the soil should be replenished, re-mineralized, re-nourished, basically alive which is the meanings of the word, and this in addition to no pesticides, GMO's or any synthetic DNA, etc.).
actiofidei Wrote:Traditional Irish utensils?
A three-leaf clover?
I must confess, I'm jealous! I love black pudding!
actiofidei Wrote:Traditional Irish utensils?

What do you think the Strider is for, toughguy?
:)
Well, for me, I'll take a "modified Irish breakfast".

That is the following...

No soda bread, black pudding, white pudding and no Guinness. (I'm an adult child of an alcoholic. So no Guinness for me ever.)

Keep the back bacon.

Keep the sausages, but put some maple syrup on them for flavor.

Get a hot bowl of Irish porridge oats with butter, sugar and maple syrup.

And either orange juice or Irish breakfast tea to drink.

And a copy of some type of Irish newspaper not connected with any faction of the New World Order or Masonry...if one exists.

Bingo-bongo! I'm all set! [Image: tiphat2.gif][Image: shamrock.gif]

Pages: 1 2