FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: My pal Jake and his Gorham's Disease
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, everybody,

Please visit http://www.jakemoore.org to learn about my saintly, heroic friend Jake, who died of Gorham's Disease at only 22. Each time I read his poem, his faith puts me to shame because I know how comparatively little faith I have.

Jake longed to have his story told and to help raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, an American Foundation that grants wishes to terminally ill children and other terminally ill young people.With that organization's help, he met and befriended the members of the Counting Crows, one of his favorite rock groups.

Please do visit Jake's site because if you're like me, he'll inspire you. If I could get B16 to canonize my buddy, he'd be a saint now.

God bless each of you and protect you from Gorham's Disease.

Bill
The web link you provided supplied, among other things, a most impressive eulogy. His website reminded me that some people are impressive on account of their attitude and spirit alone, even though they bring a lot else to the table. Also, his story reminds me that the people I care about, I must always treasure. For whatever reasons, their life, or our life for all we know, can be very transient on this earth.
Cindy, Thank you for writing this thread's first reply. Naturally, I agree with you. Embarrassingly, some people call me a hero because of the way I cope with my Cerebral Palsy. Their kind thoughts help me a lot because they they prove that Our Blessed Lord uses me. But if I inspire anyone, I would much rather that they thank Our Lord and think about the real heroes, e.g., Jake.

Pastor Walter Litke was one of the most admirable clergymen I had ever met, one who had a spirt of the kind you describe. Even if you couldn't tell that he was a minister, you probably would have noticed his sanctity and the sanctity of his wife who caught Lupis. They carried their crosses the way I aspire to carry my tiny one.

Bill
Cindy3 Wrote:The web link you provided supplied, among other things, a most impressive eulogy. His website reminded me that some people are impressive on account of their attitude and spirit alone, even though they bring a lot else to the table. Also, his story reminds me that the people I care about, I must always treasure. For whatever reasons, their life, or our life for all we know, can be very transient on this earth.