FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: "NOT IMMUNISED"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My wife received this email from the 'Australian Vaccination Network' this morning.
The contents are quite bizarre, and is yet another reason to avoid schools altogether (as if we needed more ammunition...)

Quote:Hi,
I was just contacted by one of our members - they are a chiropractic family - who have experienced something I've never heard of before. I think you will be as shocked as I was when I was told about this.
The woman is a mother of 5 and when she was dropping her child off this morning at Kinder (I think it's the same thing as preschool in NSW?), she saw that there was a picture of her son posted up with his name and age and the words "NOT IMMUNISED" under the picture. This was on the board where they posted pictures of kids with food allergies and special situations.
She was of course furious since this is a gross invasion of her family's medial privacy.
The family will be pursuing this with the preschool in question and I have found legislation in Victoria (
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol%5fact/hra2001144/index.html ) which I believe deals with these sorts of issues. I mean, if the child had Hep B or was HIV positive, would the school be able to post his picture to let other parents know about this? Of course not! And yet, here is a perfectly healthy child who is being singled out because his parents made a perfectly legal decision to not vaccinate him.
Now, what I would like to know is - is this happening in any other schools or pre-schools around the country. Please get back to me at meryl@avn.org.au if you have seen this before. If this is a new policy of the government's we need to nip this in the bud before our children become victims of community fear and ignorance.
Thanks,
Meryl

That is pretty worrying.

By the way, is there a problem with vaccination? I cannot help but be reminded of a Simpsons episode.

That's nuts, Marty.  I've never heard of anyone doing that in the States.
Insanity.
Quote:This was on the board where they posted pictures of kids with food allergies and special situations.

Since the story doesn't say where the board was, there's not enough information here to draw any kind of conclusion.  If it was where it was intended for faculty and staff access, the information might be valuable in the event that the child in question, or another child or adult, presented with symptoms of one of the illnesses that the majority of the children were immunized against, but not the child in question.  For example, most kids are now immunized against chicken pox.  If the child in question, however, presented with the appearance of a rash, a teacher would be well advised to notify the parents to have him checked immediately, much more so than for immunized kids.

I think that the word immunised/immunized as it pertains to vaccination is a misnomer and I refuse to use it. Kids are vaccinated for the purpose of preventing disease, but no vaccine can confer lasting immunity 100% of the time. Vaccinated kids can and do get sick with the same diseases non-vaccinated kids get. Vaccines are also capable of causing the illness they are intended to prevent. When vaccines do confer immunity, the immunity can wear off, leaving young adults at risk for complications from diseases that are benign in younger children. Rubella is a good example. Women of child-bearing age who had the shot when they were younger are immunity compromised today. Ironically, they are the population that the vaccination was supposed to protect from infection. Kids who had the actual disease (like me) gained life-long immunity. Now, the manufacturers of the rubella vaccine (made from aborted fetal tissue) have life-long customers as the need to vaccinate recurs.

By the way, schools would better serve their populations by issuing warnings about the presence of recently vaccinated children. In the U.S., the only way to get polio is by coming into contact with a recently vaccinated individual.

AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:In the U.S., the only way to get polio is by coming into contact with a recently vaccinated individual.

The OPV is no longer used in the US. IPV is not a live-virus vaccine as the OPV is and a child vaccinated with the IPV does not shed live virus in their stool as was the concern with the OPV.
mojomama Wrote:
Quote:This was on the board where they posted pictures of kids with food allergies and special situations.

Since the story doesn't say where the board was, there's not enough information here to draw any kind of conclusion.  If it was where it was intended for faculty and staff access, the information might be valuable in the event that the child in question, or another child or adult, presented with symptoms of one of the illnesses that the majority of the children were immunized against, but not the child in question.  For example, most kids are now immunized against chicken pox.  If the child in question, however, presented with the appearance of a rash, a teacher would be well advised to notify the parents to have him checked immediately, much more so than for immunized kids.

It doesn't matter where the picture was. Being allergic to peanuts is one thing (a result of immunisation, I'll put my house on it) but not being immunised against diseases like Hep B, rubella, and chicken pox surly cannot be put in the same basket.
How many kids who have been immunised against chicken pox get chicken pox?
The world is mad, I'm gunna buy me a little house on a bit of land miles from anywhere, and make nails.