FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Spider Bite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Warning: don't click on the links below if you are eating
and have a weak stomach like I do... Jeezaloo!

At "A Fiend's Folio" blog, the blogger documents, in photos, what happened to his father's hand after it was bitten by a Recluse Spider about a year and a half ago (his Dad is now dead -- R.I.P. -- due to issues unrelated to the spider bite).

The photos will be presented in six parts, a new part being presented each Monday -- "Hand Wound Monday" -- for six Mondays. Two parts have been put up so far, and I'll try to remember to post the rest as they come in.

Two parts up -- that means there are four more in the series! My gosh, how much worse can it get!?

ack!  I can't wait to see the others though...
Oh man! That was nasty! **shudders** I would have gone to the doc after the 1st pic.

More proof that spiders are evil evil evil EEEEEEVILLLLL!!!

Spooky7272 Wrote:Oh man! That was nasty! **shudders** I would have gone to the doc after the 1st pic.

More proof that spiders are evil evil evil EEEEEEVILLLLL!!!

I hate spiders, too.
Ack, I missed Part III (added to original post, too).
Why in the world did he not go to a doctor??? That is horrific... :(
If anyone cares to know, clay slip, used in ceramics, is good to keep around the house. It will draw out venom from insect bites. A woman I know used it on her four year old son when he was bitten by a black widow spider, and by the time she got him to the hospital 30 minutes later, ther was no trace of the bite, which originally was producing angry red veins running up her son's arm.
Mommie2Boys Wrote:Why in the world did he not go to a doctor??? That is horrific... :(

Well, I can say that if he doesn't have the actual spider that bit him with him to show the doc, he is going to be diagnosed with cellulitis. One of my dd's suffered a spider bite and went to the ER twice, was sent packing each time with nothing more than an a circle drawn with a regular ball point pen around the salad plate sized inflammation/ bruise.

That dude needs buckets of H2 O2 to soak it in and some activated charcoal capsules... unless it is infected and he is on antibiotics. I read that charcoal can absorb antibiotics. 

Vox I think you might've forgotten all about Part 4 of this saga - I hope you don't mind me bringing it up to date.

Be warned: you will bring up your breakfast if you click on this while eating.

http://fiendfolio.blogspot.com/2007/04/h...art-4.html

someone get the chips
Pages: 1 2