FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: How to swaddle a baby. Opa!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That was a scream!!  [Image: jestera.gif]
:lol:

What are those foreign objects in the babies' faces? [Image: bubbles.gif]

When I swaddle a baby, I leave the top corner long so I can use it for cover if I need it. ;)
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote::lol:

What are those foreign objects in the babies' faces? [Image: bubbles.gif]

When I swaddle a baby, I leave the top corner long so I can use it for cover if I need it. ;)
I sure hope there's no soy milk in those foreign objects !
Why are babies swaddled? That looks rather uncomfortable for the baby.
Jo Wrote:Why are babies swaddled? That looks rather uncomfortable for the baby.

Very young infants feel secure and happy when they are wrapped up securely.  It mimics the security they had while in the womb.  A crying infant can often be soothed in this manner.
My baby has to be swaddled to sleep. We caught on early on that she would sleep in fits and starts unless swaddled. When we begin swaddling her her cry becomes a small wimper and then ceases alltogether. After she's tightly wrapped up she smiles at us and then falls to sleep quickly.

Dr. Karp's "The 5 S's" system works very well for us. After the first week we didn't have a very fussy baby anymore. We can calm her right down.
I'm having a very hard time understanding the point of that video... it was too long and kinda stupid
PrincessPag Wrote:I'm having a very hard time understanding the point of that video... it was too long and kinda stupid

Would you stop "troll-ing" the board? It's getting exhausting watching you post, you must be very bored.
[Image: troll_2.jpg]

Please don't feed the trolls.  [Image: smile.gif]
Pages: 1 2