FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Help! I need a dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free cake!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah I know it's a tall order [Image: laff.gif]

But come on there has to be a strict vegetarian here who can help me out!

Have you thought about making a carrot cake? It's one of my favourites!

Here are a few vegan suggestions.

PS. The frosting is great!
A friend of mine made one once.  She got the recipe off the internet.  From what I recall, it had maple syrup and cinnamon in it.  I think that it used applesauce (I guess to give it moisture since it had no eggs).  I know this is no help.. but maybe an internet search would pull up a similar recipe.  It was quite delicious.
thats a super weird order
ErinIsNotNice Wrote:Yeah I know it's a tall order [Image: laff.gif]

But come on there has to be a strict vegetarian here who can help me out!
Suggestion: whatever cake you want to make, use coconut oil and coconut milk in place of the eggs and milk and don't use nuts. There you have an all-the-things-you-don't-want cake. Coconut makes everything taste great too.

EDIT LOL! I'm sorry coconuts may actually be nuts! Scratch that!
FlosCarmeli Wrote:thats a super weird order

Not really-- my oldest kid has a bunch of food allergies.  I was hoping someone had a recipe they've used successfully; I would hate to use a bunch of ingredients just to have them be wasted because the cake tasted terrible.

CM, coconuts are not nuts!  But unfortunately, everyone I'm  making a cake for (except me) hates coconut [Image: laff.gif]
Hey Erin, that Applesauce Spice Cake that Evey linked to looks very much like the cake my friend made that turned out delicious.  I bet substituting the cocoa powder for the ginger would be really tasty too.
One of the easiest and best chocolate banana cakes ever:

10 oz plain flour
3 heaped tsp of baking powder
2oz cocoa powder
8oz sugar
8tbsp of oil
8floz of water+ 2 floz of soya milk
1 large banana mashed up

Preheat stove to 190C

Mix up the first 4 ingredients, then beat in the wet ones. When it's all blended pour into two 8" greased and lined cake tins. Bake for 40 mins.

Sandwich together and ice with the chocolate fudge icing of your dreams....

Richeldis Wrote:One of the easiest and best chocolate banana cakes ever:

10 oz plain flour
3 heaped tsp of baking powder
2oz cocoa powder
8oz sugar
8tbsp of oil
8floz of water+ 2 floz of soya milk
1 large banana mashed up

Preheat stove to 190C

Mix up the first 4 ingredients, then beat in the wet ones. When it's all blended pour into two 8" greased and lined cake tins. Bake for 40 mins.

Sandwich together and ice with the chocolate fudge icing of your dreams....
:mad:
Marty Wrote:
Richeldis Wrote:soya milk
:mad:

[Image: laff.gif] Well Erin did specify dairy free!
Pages: 1 2