FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Hello everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, everyone. My name is Tom Flinn and I reside in Columbus, Ohio. I am a convert to the Catholic Faith, having been received into the Church with my wife and family on January 24, 1983. Although I prefer the traditional mass I attend an "novus ordo" mass at a church in Columbus operated by the Dominican Fathers. It is as close to the traditional mass as one can get with plenty of "smells and bells," Gregorian Chant, altar boys (no altar girls or altar "servers"), etc. We have had the traditional mass celebrated there although not regularly. I served for a year as a minister for a protestant church in Louisville, Ky. and my family and I were kicked out of the house owned by the church when they discovered my intention to become Catholic. We had to move to Columbus and find a place to live literally in a couple of days. I went back to law school in 2001 while working full time and was admitted to the Ohio bar in 2005. I love Hilaire Belloc and collect as many of his books as I can find, am a monarchist at heart (yes, I know we don't live in a monarchy, but one can't have everything now, can one?), a lover of all things Jacobite, and a firm believer in the traditional social teaching of the Catholic Church. I have been married to my wife for 35 years (36 in September) and have five children and three grandchildren. By the way, I am a proud Hoosier, having grown up in the small town, rural environment of Southern Indiana. Good to be here.
Hello and welcome, from another Hoosier. Actually, I wasn't born here, but I am the mother of 8 Hoosiers. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :laughing:
"...lover of all things Jacobite..."

Uh...first of all, welcome.

Second, I looked up 'Jacobite' in wikipedia to be sure I understood the term and found I thoroughly do not. Which 'Jacobite' do you mean?
  • Do you long for the return of the Stuart king?
  • Are you a member of the Jacobite Syrian Christian Church? 
  • Are you a follower of Reverend Henry Jacob?
Or, perhaps, all three?

Just wondering...
Welcome, Mr Flinn!

old_begonia Wrote:"...lover of all things Jacobite..."

Uh...first of all, welcome.

Second, I looked up 'Jacobite' in wikipedia to be sure I understood the term and found I thoroughly do not. Which 'Jacobite' do you mean?
  • Do you long for the return of the Stuart king?
  • Are you a member of the Jacobite Syrian Christian Church?
  • Are you a follower of Reverend Henry Jacob?
Or, perhaps, all three?

Just wondering...

In the context of traditional Catholicism, the term Jacobite indicates an adherence to Jacobitism.

Actually, I have a fantasy that Bonnie Prince Charlie will somehow show up in the U.S. just in time to rescue us from John McCain and Barack Obama. I would settle for a Habsburg.
Perhaps Francis II could settle for the US? [Image: wink.gif]
tflinn Wrote:Actually, I have a fantasy that Bonnie Prince Charlie will somehow show up in the U.S. just in time to rescue us from John McCain and Barack Obama. I would settle for a Habsburg.

Meh - Habsburg, latecomers! We Germans have been waiting for Emperor Barbarossa´s imminent return for well-nigh 900 years. He´s sleeping in some mountain, you know. He took on Italy, and others - he´ll cope with the US if you want him! [Image: popcorn.gif]
Why not?  I'm flexible.
From one Hoosier to another: Welcome!
Thank you, fellow Hoosier.