FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: How to use this sub-forum for dating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
SS. Catherine of Alexandria, Anthony, Agnes,
Valentine, Barbara, Nicholas and Valentine,
pray for those seeking a spouse!

[Image: canticleofcanticles.jpg]

You want a nice Catholic boy or girl to date? Copy-paste the following into a new post (don't hit the reply button here! I want a new post for each person looking for a match), and answer the questions.  Then PM or email one another. And let us know when and if you get hitched...

Please be honest, for crying out loud. Ultimately, you're looking for a spouse, for someone who'd find out all your nasty stuff anyway, so just be who you are. Post pictures with your "interview," if you want. Add any other information you think relevant underneath your "interview" questions, too!

If you post here, you are opening yourself up to being PMed or emailed by those who are interested in you romantically! If at any time a person you PM or email indicates he or she would like no further contact, desist. Everyone is on his own after posting his profile; I'm playing matchmaker here, not cop.

No one is to use this sub-forum for debate. If you don't like how a person answers any of the questions below, just "shadduppa you face" already.

Copy paste the following into a new post:

Sex:

Birthdate and age as of posting date:

Would you relocate if you met the right person?:

Basic physical description:

Do you have any children?:

EF, SSPX, both, or other?:

Do you or would you attend the Novus Ordo if that's all that's available to you?:

Patron Saint by Confirmation:

Did you grow up Catholic? Did you grow up as a traditionalist? Did you convert later in life?:

Introvert or extrovert?:

Keirsey personality type, if known:

Ethnic heritage:

Is meeting someone of like ethnicity very important to you, just a bonus, or unimportant?:

Is there an ideal age range for the person you'd like to marry? How important is this?:

In what manner do you interpret the Church's approval of NFP?:

What would headship of the husband look like in your ideal home?:

What do you think and how do you feel about women working outside the home?:

If you were married, how would you want finances handled in your home? (who'd make the money; who'd handle the paying of the bills; would there be separate and/or joint bank accounts; if the wife is a stay at home mother, would she have money of her own to manage, etc.?:

Can you handle the idea of dating and marrying someone who may have lived a not-so-moral lifestyle before conversion?:

Is someone's not being a virgin a "deal-breaker" for you?:

Of the seven deadly sins (pride, greed, gluttony, sloth, lust, anger, envy), which is/are the most challenging for you?:

What would others say are your best qualities?:

What would others say are your annoying habits or bothersome attributes?:

What are the most important things you desire in a spouse?:

Things you absolutely would not tolerate in a potential spouse:

What, if anything, have you learned from past relationships with the opposite sex?:

Political ideals:

Education:

Employment:

Health:

Allergies:

Smoke?:

Drink?:

Night owl or morning lark?:

How messy or disorganized are you?:

What makes you laugh?:

What are the little things that please or delight you?:

What would you like to be doing in 10 years ideally?:

If you continue on your present course and don't meet the person of your dreams, what do you think you likely will be doing  given your gifts and goals?:

Intellectual interests:

Hobbies:

Talents:

Top 5 Favorite books of all time:

The last 5 books you read (don't lie!). Are these books typical of you?:

Music you actually listen to most often:

Favorite movies/TV shows:

Favorite foods:

Do you follow any specific food regimen (e.g., gluten-free, no-carb, vegetarianism, etc.)?:

Serious pet peeves:

Pets you have, pets you desire, pets you'd put up with, pets you won't tolerate at all:

Idea of a romantic evening:

What is your "love language" -- i.e., what makes you feel most loved and appreciated: Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, Physical Touch, or something else?:

Save
I was just going to suggest.  It might be way more helpful if seekers put their location and sex in the title of the opening post.  That way, as this fills up, someone can simply scan the whole forum for a suitable mate :).
miss_fluffy Wrote:I was just going to suggest.  It might be way more helpful if seekers put their location and sex in the title of the opening post.  That way, as this fills up, someone can simply scan the whole forum for a suitable mate :).

Good idea.

BTW, where's my competition? I expected a whole bunch of guys to be up in here. Aren't most of the single people male?
Archbishop_10K Wrote:
miss_fluffy Wrote:I was just going to suggest. It might be way more helpful if seekers put their location and sex in the title of the opening post. That way, as this fills up, someone can simply scan the whole forum for a suitable mate :).

Good idea.

BTW, where's my competition? I expected a whole bunch of guys to be up in here. Aren't most of the single people male?

They are not brave like you My Lordship. [Image: chicken.gif]
Archbishop_10K Wrote:
miss_fluffy Wrote:I was just going to suggest. It might be way more helpful if seekers put their location and sex in the title of the opening post. That way, as this fills up, someone can simply scan the whole forum for a suitable mate :).

Good idea.

Yes, I've been looking forward to Catholic Milkman's personal advertisement.
Archbishop_10K Wrote:
miss_fluffy Wrote:I was just going to suggest.  It might be way more helpful if seekers put their location and sex in the title of the opening post.  That way, as this fills up, someone can simply scan the whole forum for a suitable mate :).

Good idea.

When I walk into my local chapel I can just FEEL the old ladies eyeballin' me, I don't want to have that feeling online too.
Tiny Wrote:
Archbishop_10K Wrote:

Good idea.

When I walk into my local chapel I can just FEEL the old ladies eyeballin' me, I don't want to have that feeling online too.
They're probably trying to figure out how a guy from 1901 is still kicking it.
Archbishop_10K Wrote:

Good idea.

I don't know how you could compete at such things, but I challenge you to some sort of a courting duel, my friend.  I am 21 and your pompious talk as the only (or only desirable) young single trad man has moved me to embarrass you.

Tiny Wrote:I don't want to have that feeling online too.

Aye.  I have very mixed feelings about meeting people over the internet.  It just seems a bit creepy.  I'm probably wrong though... it seems like alot of folks seem to meet online and have good, healthy, Catholic marriages.
Walty Wrote:I don't know how you could compete at such things, but I challenge you to some sort of a courting duel, my friend.  I am 21 and your pompious talk as the only (or only desirable) young single trad man has moved me to embarrass you.

There ya go!

Though I really just meant it was awkward being the only male here so far. "Competition" is in the most friendly sense possible.
Pages: 1 2 3