FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: here goes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Updated answers:

Sex: Female
Age as of posting date: 25
Birthdate: 9/19/84
Patron Saint by Confirmation: St. Bernadette & St. Therese the Little Flower - I picked 2 when I converted.
Children born from past sins or invalid marriage? 1 3year old daughter. Never Married and her biological father is not in the picture. However we're praying nightly for a Daddy for her.
Would you relocate if you met the right person? I would but I'd prefer not to - I already own a 3 bedroom house in San Antonio and use the bus system there a lot.
EF, SSPX, both, or other? Both, and occasionally NO with a reverent priest. I've yet to make it to an actual EF or SSPX Mass though, so my experience is limited only to you tube.
Novus Ordo if that's all there is? Sure as long as it's not a hippie priest. I greatly prefer a good Irish priest.
Introvert or extravert? Introvert
Keirsey personality type: Guardian
Ethnic heritage: Native American, English, Irish, European. Basically a mutt lol.
Is meeting someone of like ethnicity very important to you, just a bonus, or unimportant? It would be a bonus if they were native American, but really it's unimportant.  
Is there an ideal age range for the person you'd like to marry? How important is this? Oh anything from a mature 18 to mid-30's.
In what manner do you interpret the Church's approval of NFP? I used NFP in my previous relationships - I'm allergic to just about everything else so I have no choice!
What would the headship of the husband look like in your idea home? I'd like something along the lines of the quintessential catholic husband. I don't like to be told what to do though - so obey is questionable. I prefer a partnership.
How do you feel about women working outside the home? I think working outside the home is fine if you are called to it - I however prefer myself to work within the home and run my own businesses. I also want to be home to enjoy raising my kids and to home school them, which is a must for me at least until the high school level.
How do you feel about women in pants? I wear pants 75% of the time. I have to use a power wheelchair at times, and skirts tend to blow up. It's more modest to wear pants.
Of the seven deadly sins (pride, greed, gluttony, sloth, lust, anger, envy), which is the most challenging for you? Lust, hands down.
What would others say are your annoying habits or bothersome attributes? I am very literal. I tend to always be running late or forgetting something.
What are the most important things you desire in a spouse Faithfulness, Trustworthy, a good father {or willing to try to be}, understanding, and a strong catholic faith.
Things you absolutely would not tolerate in a potential spouse: Well the typical no drug use, no alcoholics, no smoking in the house or around me {I'm allergic} etc. I won't tolerate child abuse either.
What, if anything, have you learned from past relationships with the opposite sex? That I'm not very good with relationships. I have only dated once ever.
Political ideals: I vote for the person, not the party.
Education: I was one year away from a triple major in Computer Info Systems, History, and Religion with minors in Accounting and Psychology when I dropped out of college due to health reasons. While I'd like to finish my degree, the extra 30k needed to do it at the catholic college I was attending makes it absurd to do so right now.
Employment: I run 2 successful businesses from my home. I sell books online on half.com which I've been doing for 6 years, and I also run a used sweater business.
Health: Not great. I have Graves Disease, which is a form of auto-immune hyper thyroid. I am having surgery soon to remove my thyroid, which should make it easier to control. One of the things that goes along with the thyroid problem is that I tend to lose my temper easily, even when I don't mean to.
I also have Scheuermann's Kyphosis, also known as hunchback. While mine is a more severe curve it is only moderately noticeable. However it does interfere in that I am short as a result of it, and can't lift heavy items or walk very far at times. I use a power wheelchair to get around outside the home, and inside it on a bad day.
Allergies: I and my daughter both have food allergies. I'm also allergic to smoke.
Smoke? See above
Drink? Haven't in years. I only drink as a social event, and lately those have not happened.
Night owl or morning lark? Night owl. If I get up before 8-9am I actually get sick.
How messy or disorganized are you? I'm fairly messy but only semi-disorganized. I can be semi-neat if given time and less help from my 3yo.
What makes you laugh? My daughter. Funny books.
What are the little things that please or delight you? Well honestly I don't know. I like books and roses.A good religious debate. Finding out about new discoveries in areas that interest me, which is just about anything.
What would you like to be doing in 10 years ideally? If you continue on your present course and don't meet the person of your dreams, what do you think you actually will be doing  given your gifts and goals? I'd like to be a stay a home mom homeschooling my kids. Without meeting the person of my dreams, I'll still stay at home and home school my daughter, but I'd really love to have a big family.
Intellectual interests: Well I love history, and debating religion.
Hobbies: Reading, ceramics, sewing, and cooking.
Talents: what are you good at? I'm pretty good at cooking when I try at it. I can thrift shop with the best of them. And I can coupon shop for groceries until those pennies scream. My normal grocery budget for a family of 4 {My parents live with me right now} is $300, and we eat meat almost every night.
Top 5 Favorite books of all time: umm that is hard to say. I've read so much. I enjoy so many books.
The last 5 books you read (don't lie!). Are these books typical of you?:  More Growing up Catholic by Meara, The Baltimore catechism, Catholic Home Schooling, Faith and Life CCD text, And Wee sing Silly Songs. Fairly typical really.
Music you actually listen to most often: I like country music, but mostly older country music. Folk, 50's and 60's music as well. Irish and regional folk as well.
Favorite movies/TV shows: Ever After, The EWTN Mass, Antiques Roadshow, Ice Road Truckers, and almost anything on the history channel.
Favorite foods: Well of course Steak, pasta, ice cream, Hamburgers served plain and dry, with cheese, Cheesecake {extra love if it's from the cheesecake factory}, Bill Millers Sweet Tea
Serious pet peeves: People who talk down to you if you're in a wheelchair. Catholic Masses that are more protestant than the baptist church down the street.
Pets you have, pets you desire, pets you'd put up with: I have a little chihuahua who we call PITA {you can guess what that stands for}
Idea of a romantic evening: Barnes and noble with tea and cookies while discussing a book, or chili's for drinks and appetizers followed by a movie. Or of course, Mass followed by a picnic.

ETA: Figure I might should post a pic. This is from last Halloween right after I got out of the hospital a few years back, so I look a little dazed in it.

[Image: 2787564287_d30baef74d_m.jpg] [Image: 2787564305_fd7e0f40ee_m.jpg]

And just to be a good mom and show off - here's a more recent one of my daughter.
[Image: 2787564307_71578306e0_m.jpg]
dakotamidnight Wrote:Hamburgers served plain and dry, with cheese

Another person who likes plain and dry burgers, w/ cheese! I thought I was the only one.
a match made in heaven!!
I have a feeling that this is going to be my favorite subforum.  [Image: laff.gif]

Some of us are just frustrated matchmakers. :)

- Lisa
Archbishop_10K Wrote:

Another person who likes plain and dry burgers, w/ cheese! I thought I was the only one.

And they both live in San Antonio!
Archbishop_10K Wrote:

Lol - now for the true test - what do you put on your nuggets?

And I detest most condiments - only acceptable ones are gravy {any except mushroom}, honey, or a good BBQ sauce.
dakotamidnight Wrote:Lol - now for the true test - what do you put on your nuggets?

I usually only get nuggets at Chick-fil-A, and I don't dip them in anything.
Archbishop_10K Wrote:
dakotamidnight Wrote:Lol - now for the true test - what do you put on your nuggets?

I usually only get nuggets at Chick-fil-A, and I don't dip them in anything.

Ahh - you're missing out! Try them dipped in honey sometime - it's great!

I miss eating chick-fil-a - haven't eaten there in years since they swapped to using peanut oil to fry in.
Haha, awww.... I failed the nuggets test.
Archbishop_10K Wrote:Haha, awww.... I failed the nuggets test.

Don't fell bad - most people do. I've only met one person ever who passed it, and alas he's not catholic.
Pages: 1 2 3