FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pinoy trads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ooh, I love this new subforum! We already know there's a handful of us Filipinos here, but for the record, state who you are, where you live, attend Mass, etc. So we can finally plan our grand meetup already. :)

I live in Kamuning, QC, and I attend both the indult at Sikatuna (Divine Mercy Parish) and the SSPX (Our Lady of Victories Church), and still ocassionally, the nearby N.O. at Sacred Heart Parish. Any chance I could have seen any of you in the above places?

I used to go to Sacred Heart, ronyu! I remember when I was like.. 4th grade, and I wandered inside the church, they advertised a Latin Mass every Fridays at 6pm. But this is already a decade ago so I don't recall it that well. I just love how they remodeled the sanctuary in 2003! A marked improvement from that dreadful marble affair back then. On occasion I go to Divine Mercy as well, but as this is too far removed from my residence, I don't get to go that much :) .
Matamoros Wrote:I used to go to Sacred Heart, ronyu! I remember when I was like.. 4th grade, and I wandered inside the church, they advertised a Latin Mass every Fridays at 6pm. But this is already a decade ago so I don't recall it that well. I just love how they remodeled the sanctuary in 2003! A marked improvement from that dreadful marble affair back then. On occasion I go to Divine Mercy as well, but as this is too far removed from my residence, I don't get to go that much :) .

I too, recall the brief time they had a Latin Mass! Unless you're talking of a different time period, I believe it was actually Saturdays at 5:30 PM, and I had the chance to attend once. I am not aware of the TLM back then, but I'm pretty sure it was simply the Novus Ordo in Latin. Too bad they discontinued it.

I also love the remodeling. It looks more "traditional" now and can easily make way for an Indult. I actually thought that was the intention -- Fr. Bongayan, the Parish Priest back then who spearheaded the project, was one of the more conservative Priests we had, after all. At any rate, it is a definite improvement from the elevated-stage-cum-giant-projector-screen we used to have.

Tell me when you get to go to Divine Mercy again, so we can look for each other. By the way, katoliko (who is spending his vacation in the country right now) happens to live near the church, so I got to see him a few several times last week, and probably in the next few days too before he goes back to the States. (Hey, when will you be logging in here again? Lol.)
:tiphat:

I live in California, and I've met a number of FE in real life. My "home" in the Philippines is walking distance from the Indult as Ron said, and I'm not too far from the SSPX chapel (both in Quezon City). I won't be back though until Christmas 2010.
My wife and I are moving to Davao City eventually. I don't think there's a TLM there. Any trad Caths in Davao?. I am American but married to a Filipina.
Regards to all,

C.
There is a TLM (SSPX) in Davao City - Davao Del Sur in one of the faithful's residences.
Mass is normally on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month at 6 p.m.

You can contact OLVC in Manila (Quezon City) for more details.
Hope that helps.
(08-31-2008, 04:17 AM)katoliko Wrote: [ -> ]:tiphat:

I live in California, and I've met a number of FE in real life.  My "home" in the Philippines is walking distance from the Indult as Ron said, and I'm not too far from the SSPX chapel (both in Quezon City).  I won't be back though until Christmas 2010.  

We should hang out, come break bread.
(06-06-2010, 10:41 PM)therese_em Wrote: [ -> ]There is a TLM (SSPX) in Davao City - Davao Del Sur in one of the faithful's residences.
Mass is normally on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month at 6 p.m.

You can contact OLVC in Manila (Quezon City) for more details.
Hope that helps.

Thanks Therese.  I heard there was a TLM in Davao but the archdiocese canceled it for lack of interest. I understand the Archbishop is not too sympathetic.

C.
I'm in Wisconsin, Green Bay.

I know I don't look it, but yes: I am a Pinoy.
Me too I go to Sikatuna but I will go SSPX this Sunday to celebrate St. Anthony's Feast Day

:monstrance: :incense: :pray:
Pages: 1 2