FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Scranton PA -- Anyone else?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all. I live in Scranton PA, and really have no other Catholic contacts. If I'm in this position, surely there are others in the area too :-)

There is a Latin Mass in my city, at St. Michael's (http://www.saintmichaelsrcc.org/), however, I cannot attend it due to my lack of transportation (so, if anyone is willing to drive me on Sunday's, I'd be forever in your debt).

EDIT: If anyone even mentions that TV show around me, you'll be on the receiving end of my wrath ;) I never saw it, and it has nothing to do with Scranton, so please don't ask about it, or expect me to understand what you're talking about.

uh em i would of never of asked but considering you brought it up what t.v. show i don't have a t.v. i purged from my home years ago and it is one of the Best things i have ever done for my sanity an My soul.
that said what t.v. show it must be horrible

devotedknuckles Wrote:uh em i would of never of asked but considering you brought it up what t.v. show i don't have a t.v. i purged from my home years ago and it is one of the Best things i have ever done for my sanity an My soul.
that said what t.v. show it must be horrible

"The Office" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Office_...TV_series)

It, from what I hear, it funny and has a lot of fans. I don't watch TV either :-) For 18 years we haven't watched anything except things in the theatre (rather rare) or on disks.

I probably would like the show a bit, if I saw it. I don't mind the show itself, just that I Scrantonians can't mention they are from Scranton without being confronted with fans of the show. On the internet, it is worse (I'm active on other forums).
i have never even heard of it

devotedknuckles Wrote:i have never even heard of it

I first heard of it, from someone on an internet forum, from a different country.
I wish you were looking for a friend 3 years ago!  I went to the UofS (Jesuit... I know.  Just as LaRoza doesn't want to hear about The Office, I don't want to hear about the Jesuits!)  I'm no longer in the area, but I hope you find someone! [Image: smile.gif]

I don't have tv either... but on occassion will rent old episodes of the Office (American version).  Pretty silly, but they make me laugh.

dmaf Wrote:I wish you were looking for a friend 3 years ago!  I went to the UofS (Jesuit... I know.  Just as LaRoza doesn't want to hear about The Office, I don't want to hear about the Jesuits!)  I'm no longer in the area, but I hope you find someone! [Image: smile.gif]

I don't have tv either... but on occassion will rent old episodes of the Office (American version).  Pretty silly, but they make me laugh.

Rats, such is life.

They are good? I don't mind recommendations to watch things, but I do not like the constant association of the show with this city whenever I tell people I'm from Scranton. This is a problem for other people to who travel I hear.

I'll probably watch it someday, but I have no plans or means at the moment.

LaRoza, my wife and I just moved to Tunkhannock, PA. We go to Mass at St Michael's in Scranton. I'll be 24 next month and she is 27. PM me! :)
mythofsisyphus Wrote:LaRoza, my wife and I just moved to Tunkhannock, PA. We go to Mass at St Michael's in Scranton. I'll be 24 next month and she is 27. PM me! :)

That is great :) It is a fine church, but I haven't been to it in some time since my family (the one with the wheels) stopped.

PM sent!
St. Michael's? I know the new Pastor.
Pages: 1 2