FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Here goes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

While the whole online thing is kind of interesting sometimes, I figured that since all the young, single traddys are doing it I might as well do it if even just for fun.

• Sex:  Male
  • Age as of posting date:  21
  • Birthdate:  7/6/87
  • Patron Saint by Confirmation:  I didn't take a Confirmation name, but I wish that I had... long story.
  • Number of children (e.g. born from: former valid marriage that ended in death of spouse; invalid marriage; rape; past sins, etc. No need to enter details here! Just list number of children you care for): 0
  • Would you relocate if you met the right person?  I suppose, but it would be hard with school.
  • EF, SSPX, both, or other? EF
  • Novus Ordo if that's all there is? Yes
  • Introvert or extravert?  Introvert
  • Keirsey personality type: Hmm?
  • Ethnic heritage: Irish, English
  • Is meeting someone of like ethnicity very important to you, just a bonus, or unimportant?  It's pretty unimportant for the most part
  • Is there an ideal age range for the person you'd like to marry? How important is this? 18-24ish
  • In what manner do you interpret the Church's approval of NFP? I think the Church has been fairly clear on NFP.  It is only to be used for important reasons and not for too long.
  • What would the headship of the husband look like in your idea home?  The husband is the head of the household.  He acts as priest to his family and must put their good above his own.  He has to be ready and willing to lay down his life for his wife and children.  He has the tough responsibility of having the final say about what is best for the family, but this does not mean that he dictates to his wife.  Whenever possible, issues should be talked about and a husband and wife should try to make compromises so long as it doesn't compromise the well-being or faith of the family.
  • How do you feel about women working outside the home?  While it would be nice for a mother to be able to stay at home with her children, it is becoming increasingly difficult to manage that.  I think it would be more important, however, to live simply and have the wife stay home than to have her work simply so that we can have a 56" HD flat screen.
  • How do you feel about women in pants? There is something to the argument that pants can cause lust, but for the most part I just consider a girl who wears skirts and dresses extra cute.  It's definitely not always required and not always practical.
  • Of the seven deadly sins (pride, greed, gluttony, sloth, lust, anger, envy), which is the most challenging for you? Sloth
  • What would others say are your annoying habits or bothersome attributes?  I'm sure there are alot! I can get crabby sometimes for no good reason.
  • What are the most important things you desire in a spouse? The willingness to put God above everything else in life. Being good-natured, having a good sene of humor, being down-to-earth, and having at least some interest in the things that I love.  She has to have respect for herself and dress modestly.
  • Things you absolutely would not tolerate in a potential spouse: Not wanting to be open to life, not striving to submit to God, not being supportive and caring.  I do not want to marry someone who feels that they need to go out with friends or take shopping vacations with girlfriends.  Husbands and wives spend enough time apart in the modern world as it is. I could not stand being married to the type of girl who feels that she needs attention from every guy she meets.  The only guy you should be flirting with is your husband.
  • What, if anything, have you learned from past relationships with the opposite sex? Relationships are extremely complex things.  There needs to be physical and romantic attaction, but you cannot base a good marriage entirely around either of these things. 
  • Political ideals:  Paleoconservative who would like to see some sort of Catholic distributist monarchy someday.
  • Education: I am currently finishing my last year of undergrad and plan on starting graduate school next fall.
  • Employment:  Stupid part time job... not worth mentioning.
  • Health:  Thankfully pretty darn awesome.
  • Allergies: None
  • Smoke?  I smoke the occasional pipe with friends
  • Drink?  In moderation
  • Night owl or morning lark?  Definitely a night owl
  • How messy or disorganized are you? If I get motivated I can get pretty serious about cleaning, but mostly I'm messy.
  • What makes you laugh? Randomness  (see Demetri Martin and/or Monty Python)
  • What are the little things that please or delight you?  Discussing theology or philosophy, spending time with friends and family, Christmas, summer, reading, coffee, roadtrips, going to art museums, meeting new people.
  • What would you like to be doing in 10 years ideally? Hopefully being a professor somewhere If you continue on your present course and don't meet the person of your dreams, what do you think you actually will be doing  given your gifts and goals? Teaching on some level.
  • Intellectual interests: I am really into theology,philosopy, and literature.  I also like history and politics. 
  • Hobbies:  I'm really into music so I spend alot of time playing, listening, and talking about music.  I also like running, movies, writing, traveling.
  • Talents: what are you good at?  I'm good at getting into really long discussions that would probably bore most people.
  • Top 5 Favorite books of all time:  Mere Christianity, The Lord of the Rings, Walden, The Moviegoer, and anything by Flannery O'Connor
  • The last 5 books you read (don't lie!). Are these books typical of you?: The Moviegoer, 1984, Hope of the Wicked, Edith Hamilton's Mythology, some George MacDonald.
  • Music you actually listen to most often:  Sufjan Stevens, The Shins, The Strokes, Ra Ra Riot, Vampire Weekend, Iron and Wine, MGMT, Minus the Bear, Ryan Adams are some of the more popular stuff. 
  • Favorite movies/TV shows:  2001: A Space Odyssey, Dr. Strangelove, The Passion, There Will Be Blood, Willy Wonka, The Sandlot, Jason and the Argonauts, The Green Mile, Bella, Conan, The Office, Old school Nickelodeon.
  • Favorite foods: Gyros, Mexican, cereal, cranberry juice, potatoes, pb & j.
  • Serious pet peeves: Chewing really loudly, girls purposely being ditzy.
  • Pets you have, pets you desire, pets you'd put up with: I love dogs... cats not so much.  I guess I'd put up with one.  Weird animals look cool, but they're usually too dirty and too much work.
  • Idea of a romantic evening:  Sitting somewhere outside on a warm night by water and just talking about anything meaningful.

[Image: meprofile.jpg]

Wanna have lunch some time?
Sure man.  That'd be great.
None of the ladies interested in this stud muffin?

Don't think I've claimed him for myself or anything. ;)

I think he's gorgeous, but I'm an old lady (36) and already married.
Coming from an unattached 19 year old, I bet he'd look even better cleaned up.(but maybe that's just me:P)
DeiMateralma Wrote:Coming from an unattached 19 year old, I bet he'd look even better cleaned up.(but maybe that's just me:P)

Hah, I've heard that before but its usually from older ladies. I like to keep my hair longer. Its been that way since I was like 14 or 15.
Walty Wrote:Hah, I've heard that before but its usually from older ladies. I like to keep my hair longer. Its been that way since I was like 14 or 15.

Your hair is very short.

Walty Wrote:
DeiMateralma Wrote:Coming from an unattached 19 year old, I bet he'd look even better cleaned up.(but maybe that's just me:P)

Hah, I've heard that before but its usually from older ladies. I like to keep my hair longer. Its been that way since I was like 14 or 15.

HAHA, my mother always did say i was an old lady at heart, guess this proves it.:P
LaRoza Wrote:
Walty Wrote:Hah, I've heard that before but its usually from older ladies. I like to keep my hair longer. Its been that way since I was like 14 or 15.

Your hair is very short.

Yeah.  This is about the shortest that I have had it in years.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7